Search Unity

Compiler error with empty description

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Ohoud, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Ohoud

Ohoud

Hello,
    After upgrading to Unity 5.6.0f3 every time I create C# script this error appears which prevents me from entering the play mode "All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter play mode"

Below is just a small part of my editor log

Code (CSharp):
    1. -r:"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\unity\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll"
    2. -r:"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\unity\System.Xml.Linq.dll"
    3. -r:"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\unity\UnityScript.dll"
    4. -r:"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\unity\UnityScript.Lang.dll"
    5. -r:"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\unity\Boo.Lang.dll"
    6. -sdk:unity
    8. -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: -1073741819--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    9. -----CompilerOutput:-stderr----------
    10. -----EndCompilerOutput---------------
    11. - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    However I tried solutions like reinstall Unity and deleting local files or re-import the project. None of that works.
    I have been stuck on this problem for days and it drives me crazy!

2. andymads

andymads

Have you reported a bug?

3. Ohoud

Ohoud

No

4. Ohoud

Ohoud

I have reported the bug and it turns out that I should change Windows locale to non Arabic locale. Problem SOLVED !

5. iHamid

iHamid

Can you explain exactly what you did? i have the same issue and can't fix it :(

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

For the fact that the error doesn't show up, I think I can help you.
    Make sure you are using Window 10. I used Window 7 and the error never show. After I update it to Window 10, it suddenly work. Hope it helps!