Search Unity

Comparing Data

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by RecursiveRuby, Jun 22, 2017.

1. RecursiveRuby

RecursiveRuby

Hey so I'm very new to analytics and this is probably a very nooby question but how can I compare data?
    For example I have code that does that sends a "level_complete" event which takes the level id as well as an additional parameter "reloads" which should tell me how many times the player took to complete that level. Essentially

Code (CSharp):
    1. AnalyticsEvent.LevelComplete("Level01", new Dictionary<string, object>() {{"Reloads", reloadCount}});
    The data goes through but the thing that is confusing me in the data explorer is how do I match up reloads to that specific level? It seems to treat both values separate from one another.

I basically just want to see how many attempts it takes a user to complete a level.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

It's actually a great question to ask. Unfortunately, I don't have a great answer for you. This is currently not possible in the Analytics dashboard. The only way to do this right now is via Raw Data Export (a Unity Pro feature), i.e., you can download the raw data and load that into a DB or spreadsheet to run these sorts of comparisons.

As you can imagine, this is a highly requested feature and we are working on it. However, I can't say for sure when it would be available.