Search Unity

[COMING SOON] Phasequad Modern City

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by PhaseQuad, Jun 14, 2017.

1. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Hi. My name is Alex Vision. I am the game designer and lead designer from Phasequad.

Main asset for creation urban zones.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/97355

Free Demo Download: http://www.phasequad.com/2017/05/phasequad-moderncity.html

Upcoming additions:
    Underground parking. Some props.

Modular bridges available on asset store now.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/95834

Unbranded muscle cars for your city. 10 Great game cars with extra parts.
    I wanted create a modern cars for modern city first, but... I really, really love muscle cars...)

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/97355

This asset will be include many props and details for creation park, street and pavement zones, different urban nature, fountains and monuments, fences, benches and lampposts, different modular stairs, zones for sport and recreation areas.

This asset will be include complete department enterable buildings.

Fire station, Main Fire Department and 2 types of fire-truck.
    Hospital, Large Medical Center and ambulance-car.
    Police department, modern police car, SWAT Truck and police helicopter.
    School and school bus.
    Central City Bank and truck.
    Covered parking and gas station.

Asset for creation detailed airports with airplanes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    TeagansDad likes this.
  2. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Progress: 72%.
    Materials, shop and backyard details now.

The new system of road texturing developed. Roads on 45 degrees with crossroads complete.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  3. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

4. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

So, I can not finish it in this month, but little details left. I think what I'll finish it in few days.

5. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Looks really nice.The buildings look very beautiful.I want to be a beta tester for this asset in case you need one.Eagerly waiting to test this new asset.
    Warm Regards

6. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Thank you! We will keep in mind.

But first, new screens and now we create prefabs, then finish... i think))). Also we decided to expand the choice of road parts, so more a little few days for this.

[/url]

As you can see, has been decided to add some changes in building parts, because has been need to add more opportunities in work with design of facades, what of course took a little more time for it. But do not worry, on the speed of construction and number of parts is not greatly affected.
    Oh... yes... and demo scene... please soon).
    And by the way, subscribe on this project in instagram

7. hopeful

hopeful

I particularly like the facade with the Greek columns. Very nice! :)

8. Pode

Pode

@PhaseQuad : what's the average poly count of a model ?

9. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

I try to use a minimum polygons in facades, there may be erroneous polygons when I used a boolean function, do correcting in debug days. Columns, frames, borders and other details is a separated meshes. Average I try hold on from 200 to 500 for facade. For big building just about 5000-8000 with details. In begin we wanted to use a more height maps, normal maps or something, but this is not enough for a realistic look.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  10. Pode

Pode

@PhaseQuad : thanks for the answer. We could be interested by the models and their mood.
    It's for a project running exclusively on an iPad Air2 (so we can push the mobile boundary above what's usually allowed on 'mobile platforms'. The scene will only include buildings, a street, the environment (trees, lamp post...) and a fixed camera.

So if things are going well, your project can be a good source for us.

11. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Hello guys. While we prepare a demo scene, documentation and wait a pending time, i want represent you the little adds and changes.
    In first, we added to some facades the extra details, for example separated unique border or window frame, sill, columns and more. It allows even more get a random buildings for your city and you do not need to put in scene this details manual, this is a little prefab in fbx. This strongly is Increased variants for facades and speed for create.
    Some changes have been made in semi (so has named corner on 45 degrees) and rounded corners for facade.
    Aaand... top borders now have a special material channel for using alpha textures, dirt, ornaments or something. So that if you want use your custom textures, you don't need drawing 100500+ textures in all options)), simple use one of misc texture with alpha channel for all your textures. For roads we made this in begin.

In last screen, one of the tests. Impossible, but this part of city made in 7-10 minutes and have just about 30-40k tris. Very nice...)) and really fast I think))...

12. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Some questions for me, which ask me on mail or social.

How you invent and how long develop this asset?
    This is not asset in begin))) I simple wanted a create open world game in modern city, but I understand, what create big cities, is really longest process and for one this is impossible. About 5-6 month back, i decided develop a system which allows create a detailed big cities is very fast and possible for everyone. Many facades has been deleted and many times
    everything was redone))

What is your experience in gamedesign?
    I am professional modeller and programmer on old Lisp, UScript and JavaScript. More than 10 years)))

You think about a next project, what will it be?
    So.... yes, now i want a finalized this project full, with park and entrance zones, this is adds for main modern city asset, schools, gas stations, supermarkets, train stations and airports. Trees, benches, fountains, lamposts and more details for park zone and maybe traffic cars. Then industrial zone and then)), next big project - PQ Future city.

How many facades in asset?
    A lot of))).. For middle facades 6 main types, concrete and glassed in different architectural styles. For bottom 8 types, backyard, shops, banks and more commercial. For top borders 3 types, but it have a many variants of corners.

Why Chicago?
    No.. not only Chicago, this is simply our point of start. New York - much has been taken form Manhattan and Brooklyn, San Francisco - I very like balcony style there and more.

13. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Final road textures and new parking zones...

AbhishekRaj and hopeful like this.
  14. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

The final outcome looks really good.

15. paulojsam

paulojsam

will you make enterable buildings also

16. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Thank you for question. Yes, as I wrote earlier, some bottom facades have a opening doors and ready to add interiors. But interiors will not be included in this asset.
    Middle facades have a special inner details. Window textures is created on 2 species, transparent and not.

17. mcmikecreations

mcmikecreations

Hello, Alex @PhaseQuad , I have been developing a map render and load system, which will feature model placement based on real-world data in the future. I have already created a road building system, which is still far from perfect, but shows very good results anyway (the input parameters are road material and texture with some additional data of the road "slice" shape and a curve for the road to go around).
    Is there a chance that we will be able to cooperate to combine our projects? For example, with the Ultima MapGen you can download a piece of map and then fill it with your buildings and roads, etc.

18. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Hello. So, I think about it.

New screens. For this reason, release for this asset had a little delay. But we are not afraid of difficulties and now we again returned to the plan. Some time these facades with rooms, will have the status of beta.

There are some compatibility problems with corner facades, the solution will be postponed for an undetermined time, since the time for release is greatly compressed

19. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

The nearest addition for PQMC Bridges.
    Parts of 1 Bridge for mountain type and parts for lifting bridge.

20. Adam-Bailey

Adam-Bailey

What price are you thinking for the pack?

21. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Hello. Price for Modern City asset - 165$.

Early screenshots of props for publication:

22. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

In this project, I invested not only time, dozens of nights without sleep). I tried create a really big project for gamedesign, invested all my skills of modelling and game design, urban design. .
    ...I think, what Modern City asset is ready.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  23. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

I am really interested in this asset and watching this thread since a long time.Looking forward to beta test this asset.Let me know if you are providing beta testing version.

24. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Free Demo is very very soon, I promise)

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  25. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

So, Modern City asset is declined. I don't know why. Sorry.
    I am very sad. All meshes have a needed sizes and rotations, but i don't understand.
    So coming soon in Unreal Engine. In it no such this problems.

26. hopeful

hopeful

If this is your first submission to the Unity asset store, don't be discouraged. It is most likely just that you left a field blank on your application or something like that. It's almost always a simple error, easily fixed, that is the cause.

Also, when you resubmit it, the approval typically goes through much faster, maybe even just a day.

27. paulojsam

paulojsam

ask them what is missing, most likely is a detail somewhere that you can correct and submit again

hopeful likes this.
  28. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

As @paulojsam suggested, ask them for details and then try to re submit your application. Wishing you good luck man!

Cheers

29. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Ok. I will be think how decide this problem. Now I don't know, how correct a sizes without re-export all meshes and re-create all prefabs.

30. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Did the Unity Support Team told you to correct the sizes?

31. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Yes. Before, I did not encounter this problem. Prefabs must have their position/rotation set to zero upon import, and should have their scale set to 1. But I have prefabs with all ready scale set to 1. Then I get information and screens about what sizes of meshes in prefabs have a big sizes. So, I think what need reset scale for meshes in 3D max and export in Unity. Then meshes will be have a size 1. Because set the size for mesh in Unity is not available.

32. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Oh, Now I understand. So, have you started resetting scale for meshes? Wishing you lots of good luck for your hard work, Alex.
    I am watching over this thread since a long time and I am really impressed by your punctuality and talent. You have progressed at a very fast pace in the development of Modern City and I really can't wait to see Modern City on the Asset Store.:)

33. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Thank you. Yes, I started a long long day))).

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  34. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

So. Work in progress).
    At this time you can estimate all cars from PQ Muscle Cars in head of thread.

35. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Good news). In Modern city asset all meshes and prefabs is corrected and uploaded on pending review. Now need to correct a free demo of course.

New details has been added)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    AbhishekRaj and hopeful like this.
  36. hopeful

hopeful

On the muscle cars ... do they have detailed interiors?

37. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Congratulations Alex! Hoping that Modern City will make it to the asset store this time. :)

38. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no. Low poly, because is Modern City violated my plans).

Thank you!

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  39. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Good News!
    Modern City Asset - released!) and Muscle Cars released, also update with new details for PQ Bridges.

But.. work is not finished, new information about PQ modern city assets in head of thread.
    Thank you.

hopeful and AbhishekRaj like this.
  40. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Congratulations Alex!

PhaseQuad and hopeful like this.
  41. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  42. hopeful

hopeful

I was looking at the promo pictures for PQ Modern City and I noticed they lack vibrancy. Is this asset using diffuse materials instead of PBR?

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  43. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad

We spent many time for create asset which will be contains many meshes. UV mapping of meshes for facades developed special for fast and easy create new textures and materials. So, yes this asset not use PBR.

44. PhaseQuad

PhaseQuad