Search Unity

Combined mesh cataclism

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by shamsfk, Jan 27, 2017.

1. shamsfk

shamsfk

I have an awful trouble with combined meshes that comes from static batching.

Basically I'v lost whole level thanks to it.

Ones mesh filter shows "combined mesh (root:scene)" I cannot move or edit any of my level geometry that was marked static for batching.

Is this intended behaviour? It suck if it is, because I'm now what? - manually redoing levels from the start?
    (Unchecking static batching on the objects and in the prefs doesn't help)

Was I supposed to have 2 copies of level geometry? (static and not static in case I wanna tweak something?)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. shamsfk

shamsfk

Oh, it is even scarier, I reverted changes on one wall segment to it's prefab (it lost its transform but became editable), then I UNDOne this And - got some weird UV0,0,1,1 polygon instead of a mesh.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  3. shamsfk

shamsfk

Hail the source control! Because I found no way to revert that blasphemy..

4. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

What version of Unity are you using? I have read numerous threads regarding this issue recently. It sounds pretty scary what is happening.

5. shamsfk

shamsfk

Hi!

5.5.0f3

I researched a lot and there are some auto-save scripts that could cause this kind of an issue for some people at a times. But none of that stuff here.

It is really scary, now I'm doubling every scene on every major change to back the level geometry up. Don't know how practical that effort is thou.

6. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal