Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab Issues

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by alwarren13, Jul 22, 2017.

1. alwarren13

alwarren13

I have been using Unity for about 5 years now or so, however I'm newer to using the Unity Collaborate feature. I'm currently working on a project where I have to use this with a team, and it has been riddled with issues. To start, our current project is about 1.6GB in the cloud. I have had to re-upload numerous times because my other team members couldn't pull the project with Unity 2017, so we have had to downgrade to 5.6.2 before we actually saw any results. My main issue though. I cant seem to publish anything over 50mb. Unity throws a timed out error. Though the files continue to push, once it finishes, Unity tells me that an error has occurred, I refresh Unity, and none of my files have been published. This issue has plagued us since day one of working on our project. I have had to resort to publishing individual files, and even that isn't always fool proof.

Can Unity Collab not handle an Initial 1.6GB commit, or was it made to just publish individual files? I'm at my wits end here. I can't work on my project this way. The worst part is, when I actually finish publish all of these individual files, my other team members may not even be able to pull from the cloud, due to Unity crashing.

So, if anyone could help push us in the right direction, that would be amazing!

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Collaborate servers had issues (for us) the last couple of days, so maybe it was that?

Otherwise, it's certainly possible to do huge commits, it's just a pain if the service is having issues.

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @alwarren13! Like @AcidArrow said, Collab can handle huge commits. Users have been able to push 50+ GB projects to Collab in their initial commit. Would you mind running our Network Reporter Tool and sending me your log so that I can check if your able to reach our backend in a timely manner?

Do you remember what errors your teammates were seeing when they tried to pull the project on 2017.1?

alwarren13 likes this.
  4. alwarren13

alwarren13

Sent you a PM @ryanc-unity ! :D

Ryan-Unity likes this.