Search Unity

Cinematic Image Effects (Pre Release) package

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by willgoldstone, Dec 8, 2015.

1. CG_Echtzeitschmiede

CG_Echtzeitschmiede

I tried to match all settings and now found out that the quality looks very comparable. I was wrong there, sorry for the confusion!

Talhayousuf and Martin_H like this.
  2. CG_Echtzeitschmiede

CG_Echtzeitschmiede

I do have a bug now though, and it's pretty severe for us: The depth of field effect does not work on Android anymore.

This far, I'd been using the Cinematic Effects from about 4 or 5 months ago (don't know what version that was) together with Unity 5.3.4f1, and that worked flawlessly. Today I ran a lot of tests with it, and this is the outcome:
    5.3.4f1 - Android DOF works perfectly
    5.3.4p6 - Android DOF does not work
    5.3.6p7 - Android DOF does not work
    5.4.1f1 - Android DOF does not work

I also tried the latest Cinematic Effects package from the Asset Store, and this is the outcome:
    5.3.4f1 - Android DOF causes my phone to reboot?!?
    5.3.4p6 - Android DOF does not work
    5.3.6p7 - Android DOF does not work
    5.4.1f1 - Android DOF does not work

So something must have happened between Unity 5.3.4f1 and 5.3.4p6 that caused the effect to stop working. The current version of the Cinematic Effects from the Asset Store works in none of the Unity versions I tried.

Talhayousuf likes this.
  3. CG_Echtzeitschmiede

CG_Echtzeitschmiede

I have done more testing and found out that the last version that works is:
    5.3.4p3
    Starting from 5.3.4p4 the depth of field effect disappears. It shows up correctly in the editor but not on my Android device. Looking at the release notes, I guess it may have something to do with either of these:

OpenGL: ComputeBuffer now uses the same data layout as DX whenever automatically translated shaders are used. Therefore no more special layout handling for ComputeBuffer.SetData/GetData is needed based on the graphics API and any such user code should be removed. The only exception is with manually written GLSL shaders. In that case the OpenGL data layout rules must be taken into account.

(777617) Android: Workarounds for OpenGL ES 3 shader compiler problems on Adreno GPUs.

Talhayousuf likes this.
  4. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

last time i remember the DOF effect are been rewritten from scratch at the moment

Talhayousuf likes this.
  5. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

Anyone know how to use the cinematics image effects, color grading in C#?

I'd like to make the saturation "0" at some point during the game. But it's not working. I can't seem to have the values change to "0" when I call TriggerStuff()

I'm fairly new to C# any help would be appreciated
    Code (CSharp):
    3. using UnityStandardAssets.CinematicEffects;
    5. public float _floatValue;
    7. void Awake()
    8. {
    9.     GameObject cc = GameObject.Find ("MainCamera");
    11.     _floatValue = cc.GetComponent<TonemappingColorGrading> ().colorGrading.basics.saturation;
    12. }
    14. void TriggerStuff()
    15. {
    16.     _floatValue = 0;
    17. }
    Sharing is caring.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  6. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

Is it possible to get multisampled blurry reflections like UE4 uses rather than the low res blur Unity uses for the SSRR at the moment ?

Flurgle and Martin_H like this.
  7. nigel-moore

nigel-moore

Hi, having problems with SSR not showing in camera. See attached screenshot where the reflections are visible in the Editor window but not in the Game view (through a camera with the SSRR component attached). They show if I use realtime GI but not when I bake the lightmaps (directional) ... also erasing all baked lightmaps causes them to visible in game view? Also it only works with Standard/Metallic Alpha or Standard(specular setup)/Specular Alpha, is this expected behaviour??
    I have really been pulling what little hair I have left trying to get this to work - help :confused:

Attached Files:

8. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Any news regarding single-pass stereo support for tonemapping and fxaa / smaa @Tim-C ?

9. gokselgoktas

gokselgoktas

Unity Technologies

Hi, FXAA in SPR is already supported in our recently released Post-processing Stack. SMAA on the other hand is not in the plans, and remains as such for the foreseeable future as we happen to have a better solution in TAA.

SunnySunshine likes this.
  10. hopeful

hopeful

Not sure if it helps any, but have you seen this SSR solution?

11. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

Hey thats pretty good man, thanks for the reply. That is indeed the same technique used in UE4 with the termporal filter and everything. I'd say this is a decent alternative for the default blurry reflections.

hopeful likes this.
  12. FPires

FPires

Wouldn't TAA also count as a better solution than FXAA then? Unless TAA issues are completely fixed, I would appreciate having the option of SMAA in the stack.

13. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

FXAA is probably still faster, so it has that advantage and for that it's worth keeping it around. While SMAA looks worse and is slower. So it doesn't make much sense to keep that around.

14. zenGarden

zenGarden

I agree FXAA remains usefull for many games usages.

15. gskinner

gskinner

Bump. Really need ToneMapping support for SinglePass.... pretty please? @Tim-C?

16. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Color grading has tonemapping...?

17. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

New test. originally light mapped for mobile (very low preset + low resolution)and then added tonemapping eye-adaptation and color grading + AA + Amplify Color
    All shaders are diffuse + Planner reflection on floor
    Parking model is not mine (made based on another parking in a game with blender as modeler said - textures from www.Textures.com).
    Unity.jpg
    Unity2.jpg
    Unity3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Lex4art and elias_t like this.
  18. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Mali400 test(without tonemapping) :
    Amplify Color Only(Modified lut in Photoshop to look similar to above images):

10.jpg
    U21.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  19. Sparty

Sparty

Can someone help me? I'm trying to access and change the "focus transform" on the depth of field (change the target at runtime). I can't seem to find what that setting is called in the DoF script. In the old DoF unity script, I just had to access "objectFocus". Any help?

How I use to change the old setting
    GetComponent("DepthOfField").objectFocus = GameObject.Find("Player(Clone)/camFocus").transform;

Thanks,
    -Eric

20. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Unity are planning on making that easier. There's no feature there for it yet.

21. rsodre

rsodre

Is this still relevant with the new Post-Processing Stack?
    I guess you'll be moving everything to the Stack, right?

22. ArthurT

ArthurT

You should probably use the new Post-Processing Stack. There is a set of utils written for it which can help access any values easily through it: https://github.com/keijiro/PostProcessingUtilities

23. sadicus

sadicus

What to do about this error?
    U5.5.0

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/CinematicEffects(BETA)/Bloom/Editor/BloomGraphDrawer.cs(26,30): error CS1061: Type `UnityStandardAssets.CinematicEffects.Bloom.Settings' does not contain a definition for `softKnee' and no extension method `softKnee' of type `UnityStandardAssets.CinematicEffects.Bloom.Settings' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

24. calebjhoward

calebjhoward

Using my Vive, I am getting *dramatically* different results for the Screen Space Reflections from one eye to the other.

Also - In physically-based mode - Head tilt causes an overlay of glare (in only one eye) to shimmer in and out.

This is only happening in the right eye. The left Eye Gets a nice reflection. The right eye gets glare, and no reflection. The screen Game window sees a mix of the two - glare *and* reflection.

Is this not intended for VR?

Attached Files:

25. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

n43.jpg
    n1.JPG
    n21.jpg
    n34.jpg
    n43.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  26. oumur

oumur

how do you enable eye adaptation with code.
    TonemappingColorGrading.EyeAdaptationSettings eye = Camera.GetComponent<TonemappingColorGrading>().eyeAdaptation;
    eye.enabled = true;

this doesnt work

27. nbac

nbac

i still experience red artifacts in the darks and blue artifacts in the brights when using user luts just in the build not in editor/gamview

28. Chman

Chman

Unity Technologies

Assuming you're working with 5.6: it's a bug with anisotropic quality settings. It's fixed internally (so expect a fix in the next release or the one after that).

29. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

I tried to make UE4 style image effects for unity., you can download my settings and try it in your scenes:
    *The scene model is not mine. I got it from someone to bake lighting
    * Lightmapped in 5.6.b9 using PL with low resolution just for test
    * The most hard section to setup is Eye-Adaption and Bloom effect. You can change other settings to your needs.
    Update : I have posted in wrong place.You need to use post processing stack (Link)
    Unity 2017-03-02 09-40-55-09.jpg Unity 2017-03-02 09-41-37-12.jpg Unity 2017-03-02 09-42-46-77.jpg Unity 2017-03-02 09-43-10-06.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    chelnok and Lex4art like this.
  30. spainion

spainion

I am having a really hard time getting this asset imported and working properly. I imported it and it was working, then imported third person controller and UBER and it stopped working. Forgive my noobishness, normally I am able to work these kinds of issues out. Is this related to using the free edition of unity? I had previously paid for the upgrade but found I wasn't getting the value so canceled my subscription.

Assets/LightingBox2/Scripts/PostEffects/DepthOfField/DepthOfField.cs(306,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `RenderTextureUtility' could not be found. Are you missing `UnityStandardAssets.CinematicEffects' using directive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Resolved: Just an Old Version of Unity.

Leaving up for other New Devs.

Keep your copy of unity up to date as all the developers of these assets do the same.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  31. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

I don't see any updates on the cinematic image effects or anything planned in the Unity Roadmap. Did they just give up on SSRR?

32. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

it moved to post processing stack i guess

N00MKRAD likes this.
  33. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Where can I find this asset? Im interested on the SSAA
    Thanks

34. JoNax97

JoNax97

These are based on a very old system that's not supported anymore. If you're using the built-in rendering pipeline, look for the postprocessing stack package. If you're using URP or HDRP, the postprocessing is already there out of the box.

35. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Thanks, I do use Built-in with the PPstack, however I am not happy with their TAA solution as it still leaves jagged edges and produces flicker, I am trying to find a better AA solution as MSAA is not working for me neither.
    For this reason I wanted to try this asset’s AA implementation

JoNax97 likes this.