Search Unity

Character Stuck in T Pose

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Nutcoco, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Nutcoco

Nutcoco

The animator window goes through all the animations and it all works but for some reason my character suddenly is stuck in a T pose. I have seen other threads but none had any solutions that worked for my case. I have code that goes along with the animator for sprinting and it all works but my character just sits there in the T pose. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    upload_2017-1-19_9-0-23.png

2. Baste

Baste

That happens if you're in a state that doesn't have an animation assigned, or if the animation doesn't match your rig

Check the state getting played when this happens (in your case, Jog_F), and make sure that it has an animation, and the animation belongs to the model you're playing it on.

3. Nutcoco

Nutcoco

I fixed the problem, it was not that but now hes leg looks like its broken. thanks for the suggestion

4. ktanyi

ktanyi

How did you fix the problem @Nutcoco ? Matching the animation with the rig did not work for me

5. 3dvrman

3dvrman

I just had this issue, and I tracked it down to the "Write Defaults" checkbox on my animation clip. Disabling this option fixed the problem for me.

6. augivision

augivision

In my case, I did not have the Avatar assigned on the Animator Component in the Inspector.

Once I assigned an avatar, all of my animations worked perfectly.

cankirici34 likes this.
  7. eugeneebere

eugeneebere

8. akhirrashad

akhirrashad

I tried all of this solutions then I realized that I had an animator on my model and an animator on the parent gameObject of my model.

Not sure if this will be helpful to anyone in the future.