Search Unity

Card Game - Beginner Resources

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Slaine82, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Slaine82

Slaine82

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help point me in the direction of some resources. I've started using Unity recently, have been through a number of tutorials and getting my head around everything.

I'm looking to start building a fantasy card game, something like a simpler version of Magic The Gathering or similar but was looking to see if there are any good tutorials or resources, that would show through the foundations of creating a deck, shuffling, dealing out random cards etc. a basics of creating a card game, anyone know of any good tutorials or resources out there?

Thanks in advance and any advice much appreciated :) .

Stobros1 likes this.
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I don't know of anything specifically like that — perhaps some of the other regulars around here may know of one.

But I'd like to point out that, to do a game like that, you need a good mastery of programming and Unity in general. So, you would probably be well served to put your dream game on the back burner for a couple of months, while you work your way through the tutorials in the Learn section, build your own Flappy Bird clone, etc.

After you've leveled up your skills enough, you'll know everything you need to build that card game, even if you haven't found a single card-game tutorial.

Stobros1 likes this.
  3. game_buddy

game_buddy

Slaine: I am preparing a resource on that; you can PM me if you wish, and I will email you the link when its ready :)