Search Unity

Can't "Sign In" Desktop

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FilipaCombo, Oct 17, 2016.

1. FilipaCombo

FilipaCombo

Hello,
    I can't sign into Unity on my desktop.
    When I had the old version (5.2...), everything was fine. But, when I uploaded to the newest version (5.4.2.f1), I stopped being able to sign into Unity on my desktop. It doesn't appear any message, it simply doesn't do anything.
    (The thin blue bar moves, but that's it.)
    Any solutions?

2. daviparanagua

daviparanagua

I am having the same problem. It simply doesn't do anything.

3. daviparanagua

daviparanagua

Just saw something: I receive this message in the console when I choose to work offline: "Expected 8 arguments to javascript loginSuccess() method, received 7"

4. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

We're having issues with the installs of 5.4.2f1 on Windows, so the team has pulled it from the site and is working on getting an updated version up soon.

5. Toadwolf

Toadwolf

I had the same problem with version 5.4.1p4 on Windows 10.

Update: I just found a workaround for the problem. Login with a previous version of Unity, e.g., 5.3.5, which still works. Once your credentials have been checked, you can go back to Unity 5.4.1.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    markj_pw and b_ill like this.
  6. b_ill

b_ill

Thanks for the workaround. This worked for me, too. I was unable to log in on 5.4.2f1. I loaded up a version of 5.3.something that I had installed, logged in from there, and I remained logged in while switching back to 5.4.2f1

7. tfullerton

tfullerton

I'm having the same issue. I am on a Mac on 5.4.2 and when I log in the blue bar fills successfully, but then the log in screen remains. This seems connected to the fact that I can no longer download assets I've purchased from the asset store, just get a grey box in the asset store panel.

8. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

We currently have an issue with the AS on MacOS Sierra when it's docked in the Editor. Fix is on its way, but for now the workaround is to undock it.