Search Unity

Can't open MonoDevelop

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hd1, Oct 18, 2016.

1. hd1

hd1

I tried to open MonoDevelop this morning and unity said that I should check my external application preferences and when I looked at the console it said:
    kernel[0]: Sandbox: ln(778) System Policy: deny(1) file-write-create /private/tmp/unity-monodevelop-monoframework-4.0.5
    Oct 18 15:47:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.unity.monodevelop.67232[771]): Service exited with abnormal code: 126
    Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2. Nick_O

Nick_O

Yes, I got the same error. I looked for other help around MonoDevelop not working, checked and changed the sharing&permissions to no effect.

3. Nick_O

Nick_O

Tried reinstalling Unity. Didn't work. Tried various permission setting exercises, didn't work. In the end i gave up and installed VSCode. You can get an integration tool of the asset store to help plug it in - all free. Already up and running.

4. marcin-walus

marcin-walus

I have exactly the same problem right now - it stopped working few days ago. I have Unity 5.4.1f1 (on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6) and I can use it but no build-in MonoDevelop. I tried to remove and reinstall app again - didn't help.
    I found somewhere that exit code 126 = "Command invoked cannot execute. Permission problem or command is not an executable".
    When I try to run "open /Applications/Unity/MonoDevelop.app/Contents/MacOS/monodevelop" directly I'm getting:
    ln: /tmp/unity-monodevelop-monoframework-4.0.5: Operation not permitted
    /Applications/Unity/MonoDevelop.app/Contents/MacOS/monodevelop: line 19: /tmp/unity-monodevelop-monoframework-4.0.5/bin/mono: No such file or directory
    /Applications/Unity/MonoDevelop.app/Contents/MacOS/monodevelop: line 19: exec: /tmp/unity-monodevelop-monoframework-4.0.5/bin/mono: cannot execute: No such file or directory

I tried to "fix permissions" and I also have disabled "System Integrity Protection", and have permissions to /tmp/ folder correct but still no way to run MonoDevelop.

Lohoris2 likes this.
  5. Lohoris2

Lohoris2

And… now I have this problem too.

Lohoris@Gnaw:~$ /Applications/Unity/MonoDevelop.app/Contents/MacOS/monodevelop ; exit;
    ln: /tmp/unity-monodevelop-monoframework-4.0.5: Permission denied
    /Applications/Unity/MonoDevelop.app/Contents/MacOS/monodevelop: line 19: /tmp/unity-monodevelop-monoframework-4.0.5/bin/mono: No such file or directory
    /Applications/Unity/MonoDevelop.app/Contents/MacOS/monodevelop: line 19: exec: /tmp/unity-monodevelop-monoframework-4.0.5/bin/mono: cannot execute: No such file or directory
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.
    [Process completed]