Search Unity

Can't import complete projects

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Gary_Thomas128, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

Recently, I've been unable to import any complete projects downloaded from the Asset Store. When I do so, the editor crashes - Aborted(core dumped)

I'm running on Linux and have tried 5.5.1f1, 5.6.0_b{6,8}

Any ideas what might be wrong?

2. wenderRondonia

wenderRondonia

check the memory consumption, try close other programs while you do that, in my case it worked.

3. Tak

Tak

Please post your editor log (~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log) or file a bug report.

wenderRondonia likes this.
  4. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

Attached - seems to contain some useful info, although I had to append .txt to the file name to upload it

BTW - why isn't a *.log file allowed to be posted here?

Attached Files:

5. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

A little more info - I'm running stock Ubuntu 16.04

6. Tak

Tak

It looks like it may be related to your gtk theme - do you experience the same behavior if you change to a different (ideally, as "default" as possible) gtk2 theme?

[0227/152014:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(189)] GTK theme error: Theme directory of theme oxygen has no size field

Receiving unhandled NULL exception
    #0 0x007ffd2186c900 in funlockfile
    #1 0x007ffd2186ceb0 in gdk_window_set_geometry_hints
    #2 0x007ffd2186cf20 in gtk_decorated_window_move_resize_window

wenderRondonia likes this.
  7. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

I've not made any changes to my gtk settings in more than a year, so I'm a little unsure if this is related. Also, the editor works in general, it just fails when I try to import any package from the Asset Store.

I repaired the error that was causing the '... theme oxygen has no size field' and the problem persists. It looks like it's happening when the importer is trying to bring up a progress bar.

Note: this problem does seem to be related to some changes in my system as I know it was working in 5.4.1f1 as recently as Nov 2016. However, I reverted to that version today and it no longer works :-(

8. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

I've gone back through my desktop settings and put them back to "as close to default" as I could and yes, the Asset Store import functions are working again :)

Thanks for the help

9. Leakyroof

Leakyroof

I had a similar problem. I run the Openbox window manager on Debian Unstable. I have to have gnome-settings-daemon running in the background to prevent mystery "Aborts" while importing anything. Only seems to happen on importing.

10. thx2013

thx2013

Can you describe this solution in more details? I`m running Ubuntu with LXDE the editor itself works fine, but importing examle project gives the same error to topic starter`s