Search Unity

Can't assign bones to SpriteMesh, Anima2D

Discussion in 'Animation' started by eimansepanta, Apr 9, 2017.

1. eimansepanta

eimansepanta

Hi

So i'm pretty new to the whole animation and bones system and recently started using Anima2d. Here are the Steps I took:

I created a SpriteMesh from my sprite and adjusted all the nodes in the SpriteMesh Editor, Then I moved it to the scene and added 2 bones ( one for shoulder and one for the Elbow ) then in the inspector I added the pose manager script to it and created a new pose and then dragged and dropped the bones to the set bones section but a warning showed up that says : number of spritemesh bind poses and bones does not match.

As I said I'm new to animating sprites and followed the Anima2D tutorial so I'm not sure if I'm missing a step or doing something wrong.

Can someone please help me with this? what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 7.11.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 7.11.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 7.12.00 PM.png

2. ataboo

ataboo

The message disappeared for me once I hit `bind` and applied it in the Sprite Mesh Editor.

Side note for anyone who was pulling their hair out because they couldn't get the bones bind button to be enabled:
    Don't edit the original Sprite Mesh in assets via the `Edit Sprite Mesh` button. Highlight the instance in the scene and open Window -> Anima2d -> Spritemesh Editor via the menu.

jrmgx, renuke, AviadorC and 3 others like this.
  3. srfrankie

srfrankie

Thanks! i had the same problem and i would can't resolve it without you help :D:D:D:D

4. Yndras

Yndras

OH MY WORD, thankyou! Pulling hair out indeed.

5. jmillart

jmillart

What do you do when you have the error, built a skeleton and can't seem to ever connect them properly. I don't even have a bind option. (butten grayed out) how do I rig the bones properly so I can bind to fix?

6. DrBlury

DrBlury

@jmillart Just set the Bones in the Sprite Mesh Instance script on the Object you want to bind the bones to. For example the "Hero_left_arm" Gameobject on the Scene has the Component "Sprite Mesh Instance". On that you drag your Bones for that specific part and remove all others. Then open the SpriteMesh Editor and click on bind. The bones should now be bound to the Mesh. Just click apply and you're done.

7. Jack0Neill1

Jack0Neill1

Other reasons I figured out can be:

• having an transform axis (XYZ) in a size of zero
    • having small mesh islands in the SpriteMesh which are not connected the main body