Search Unity

Cannot get mixed lighting right (Unity 5.6)

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by JoNax97, May 23, 2017.

1. JoNax97

JoNax97

Hello!

I was making some tests with the new lighting system for a project of mine and got a problem with mixed lighting. Apparently, the direct lighting is not working properly for my static meshes. Have it configured to "baked indirect", but "shadowmap" yields the same results.

This is the scene view, but in-game it looks the same. This first image is from when the baking is complete. You can see the indirect lighting appears correctly (most notably on the right side of the tower) and so does the AO. But all the geometry seems to be completely shadowed. The floor is supposed to be white.

The player avatar receives shadows normally from the static meshes but obviously, it's not casting any because the geometry is already shadowed. Notice that none of these problems affect the terrain asset.

In this image, taken before the baking is complete (triggered by playing the scene and then exiting it) you can see the direct lighting working correctly, but no GI seems to be applied. Also, this goes back to the previous image in some mere seconds.

Here I'm leaving my lighting configuration as well as the settings for the directional light I have. The scene doesn't have any other light source, and all of the geometry is marked as static except for the player avatar.

So, is this a bug within the new mixed lighting mode? Or am I doing something wrong? If this is indeed a bug, an immediate workaround is not urgent for me as I'm in an early prototype stage and can wait until v.2017 comes out.

Thanks in advance!

KRGraphics likes this.
  2. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I am having the SAME DAMN ISSUES! I have lighting set to Mixed and I am using the PL. The scene bakes perfectly but the light is not affecting the character anymore and that sucks big time because it makes the scene useless!

Here is the scene before the bake. See how the light is affecting the character...

Screenshot 2017-06-24 01.31.38.png

Now when I start baking... the light does not affect the character anymore. And everything is even more complicated because I am using UFE and it DOES NOT SAVE YOUR LIGHTMAPS IN BUILDS!! Not even real time with enlighten. Screenshot 2017-06-24 01.32.23.png

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

@KRGraphics I see you are using the progressive lightmapper. The progressive lightmapper isn't compatible with mixed mode yet.

4. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'll try the enlighten mixed mode then.

5. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey @JoNax97

I am getting the same issues as you when using Enlighten with Mixed Mode. I hit play and suddenly EVERYTHING is overexposed... I think this is a bug...

Screenshot 2017-06-25 09.54.15.png
    Screenshot 2017-06-25 09.54.43.png

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I haven't seen that before. I think it's worth a bug report.

7. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Trying to send a video. Also, the lightmaps just disappear in Play Mode if you are using the PL...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  8. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Bug report sent: (Case 924520) Lightmap Overexposure in play Mode. kinda sucks this happens.

9. pahe

pahe

Yeah, 5.6 broke mixed mode again. We've got troubles there too. 5.5 worked fine though.