Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot build for Facebook Gameroom

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by georgeq, May 26, 2017.

1. georgeq

georgeq

This is what I get when I try to build for Facebook Gameroom:

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Build failed with errors.
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x001b9] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:162
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00050] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:83
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

This is not the whole error. Can you paste the full error message?

3. georgeq

georgeq

I'm not sure, but I think it was the only error message I saw, the rest were just warnings... But... There's something funny here... I opened the project with Unity 5.6.f3 and built the player, then I opened it up again with Unity 2017.1.0b6 and it now I can build the player... it seems like there's an import problem when you upgrade from Unity.1.0b5... because going back to a previos version and returning seemed to solve the problem.

However I get the following warnings:

Timestamps (800) and assets (758) maps out of sync - repairing...

The AssetDatabase contains an asset with GUID '67e9dad5654047ebbe623cce9dbf7b38', but an empty path. This asset will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains an asset with GUID 'f48df919adea4fa095a7407e773e5aa4', but an empty path. This asset will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains an asset with GUID '307433eba81a469ab1e2084d52d1a5a2', but an empty path. This asset will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains an asset with GUID '6cdf1e5c78d14720aaadccd4c792df96', but an empty path. This asset will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains a timestamp for 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/Editor/UnityEditor.TestRunner.dll', but no mapped GUID. This timestamp will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains a timestamp for 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/Win64/OVRPlugin.dll', but no mapped GUID. This timestamp will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains a timestamp for 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/Win/AudioPluginMsHRTF.dll', but no mapped GUID. This timestamp will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains a timestamp for 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/portable/nunit.framework.dll', but no mapped GUID. This timestamp will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains a timestamp for 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityHoloLens/Editor/UnityEditor.HoloLens.dll', but no mapped GUID. This timestamp will be removed from the database.

The AssetDatabase contains a timestamp for 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityPurchasing/Editor/UnityEditor.Purchasing.dll', but no mapped GUID. This timestamp will be removed from the database.

Too many to post all here...

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

I mean when you select the error, isn't there more info available?

5. georgeq

georgeq

I'm not sure and I cannot reproduce the error once I opened it with Unity 5.6.f3. This makes me think that Unity 2017.1.0b5 (or previous) screwed some meta-file or internal parameter and passed wrong all the way to b6. I don't know what would happen if I go back and take the project throughout all the beta path since 0b1 to 0b6... I usually uninstall the previous beta on each upgrade so I don't have the means to perform such test. I tried to build the facebook player only until 0b6, so I cannot tell in which version the problem started. The fact is that downgrading to 5.6 and then upgrading to b6 solved the problem, why? I don't know.