Search Unity

Cannot activate license

Discussion in 'Linux' started by VolatileOnline, Jun 17, 2017.

1. VolatileOnline

VolatileOnline

Hey,

I've got the latest linux unity build installed on my linux mint pc,

bought a pro license and tried to activate it, howrever it just gets stuck with a blue loading bar, same thing happens when trying to activate a free license..

then when I close unity and re-open it says this license is not supported with this version of unity..

2. imerso

imerso

I would like to add a question if you don't mind, regarding the offered Plus/Pro licenses: are they valid for the 2017.x versions or only for the "old" 5.x? Also, are they valid for Linux builds (I only use Linux currently)?

I am still recovering from the shock that was when I spent $2000 on 4.x+Team and then just after there was the switch to 5.x, when I found that those $2000 were valid only for the "old" 4.x. I don't want that happening again...

Seriously considering the Plus subscription for a new project, but only if that entitles me to use the latest versions, not the "old and forgotten" ones.

Thanks.

3. imerso

imerso

Well, I could not resist and subscribed for the Plus just before reading your reply. =)

I can't activate the new license. I received a serial but when I try to activate it says "The Serial Format is Invalid" or something like that. I am using the "5.6.0xf1Linux Personal" downloaded from the official thread over these forums.

The Linux version works nicely for me (just a few smaller bugs here and there, but mostly stable). If only I could activate the Plus now...

Hopefully someone from Unity will make us happy soon.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  4. imerso

imerso

@dr0r: I don't think that Linux is too behind these days, I am downloading 2017.1 already, it's a new and fresh version, afaik. Now I just want to activate my Plus license. Did not try in the 2017.x yet, though, but I know that the 5.6.x won't activate here.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. Tak

Tak

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to activate using the 5.6.0f1 build.
    Can you send me your editor log (~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log) from a session where activation failed?

6. dr0r

dr0r

Maybe you set some non official toggle about the GPU to "performance" or "adaptive"?
    Just in case you are, then don't set anything to nothing other than "auto". :)

7. imerso

imerso

After suggestion from Tak, I just tried again and now it worked perfectly. Many thanks to Tak. =)

As per the suggestion, you *must* type the serial until the end, even with the error message showing.

I am so embarrassed. Honestly last night I typed the serial until the end, but the "Next" button was not activating. Well, maybe my connection was not good at that time then, or maybe after a first failure I typed it wrongly, I don't know, it was late and I was really tired.

Anyway, problem solved and I'm now with my subscription activated under Linux.

Regards and good luck to everyone!

8. dr0r

dr0r

@imerso I'm running the latest beta here and works perfect..