Search Unity

Canadian Exam Dates

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by jakejolli, Dec 21, 2016.

1. jakejolli

jakejolli

Are there any plans for a Canadian partner or exam dates? I'd really like to get this certification.

Unity staff: I know some of the Universities and Community Colleges offer game development programs using Unity. Maybe reaching out to one of them as a partner is an idea?

Also, any ideas on the other certification release dates (e.g. Certified Programmer)?

ibyte and sinfulshot like this.
  2. ibyte

ibyte

Looking to take the Unity Certification exam in Toronto ( with in a month or two) - are there any third parties offering it in Canada?

3. ibyte

ibyte

@ktyan Ledet offers certification in the USA - why don't they offer it in their Toronto and Ottawa locations?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  4. ktyan

ktyan

Unity Technologies

@jakejolli - The best way to check for upcoming Certification exam events is here: https://unity3d.com/events

There are a few upcoming Canadian certification events:
    • March 25 - Unity VR Roadshow & Certification (Vancouver, BC)
    • April 23 - Unity Certified Developer Exam (Toronto, ON)
    • April 29 - Unity VR Roadshow & Unity Certified Developer Exam (Toronto, ON)
    Would any of these be convenient for you? If not, you can request that we host an event in your area by filling out this form.

Regarding your question over reaching out to educational partners in Canada, educational institutions decide for themselves whether they would like to offer Unity training and certification. We do reach out to them, and if they are interested, they can request information regarding discounted academic pricing for the Unity Certified Developer Courseware and Certification through this page.

@ibyte You may be interested in the upcoming Certification events in Toronto listed above. You can find more information about these events through the above linked Events page. As for Ledet, it's up to our Authorized Training Partners, like Ledet Training, as to where and how they choose to offer Unity training and certification. I'm not certain why they have chosen not to offer either in Toronto or Ottawa - you would need to reach out to Ledet Training to ask whether it would be possible to offer certifications at their centers located in Toronto/Ottawa.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

ibyte likes this.
  5. ibyte

ibyte

Thanks, this is a great update for me. I will study hard and make one of those two dates.

I did reach out to Ledet online and was given the name of a person responsible for training in Toronto to ask about them offering Unity Certified Developer Exam's. I have heard no reply as of yet.

6. rgjones

rgjones

@ktyan, when I look for those two events in Toronto on the Web site they are no longer found? Whats up? Please tell me they were not canceled?

7. mannydather

mannydather

What happened to the event on March 25th? I signed up and never heard anything, all the details just disappeared.

@ktyan - Karena, can you give some insight into this? What happened to the Unity VR road show and testing event in Vancouver, Canada on March 25th? You've had the courseware rolled out since August or so with no certification exams, what gives?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  8. ktyan

ktyan

Unity Technologies

Hi, @rgjones and @mannydather,

I'm sorry that the events seem to have disappeared! I am reaching out to the Events team and hope to have an answer for you soon.