Search Unity

Camera help for endless runner

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by soniclinkerman, Feb 22, 2017.

1. soniclinkerman

soniclinkerman

Hello, I am making an endless runner for my first game and am having difficulties with the camera following the player. I'm not sure if I scripted it wrong but my game does not tell me any script is wrong so I'm not sure if I didn't put the write code. If you could help I'd appreciate it.

Thx

2. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Hi @soniclinkerman! It would be great if you could share your work/script with the community, the best way for everyone to help is if they can see what you suspect is broken. We've also got a lot of great resources to help with your first game on the Learn page!

SarfaraazAlladin likes this.
  3. soniclinkerman

soniclinkerman

Yeah sure ! How would I go about showing my script?

4. SarfaraazAlladin

SarfaraazAlladin

Buhlaine and Ryiah like this.
  5. smacbride

smacbride

Check out the example scenes in the standard unity assets. They have some good examples of a camera rig that sits on a pivot and follows the player around. The pivot helps the camera rig move around obstacles etc. in the scene while following the player. It's a good basis to start with.

6. soniclinkerman

soniclinkerman

Thank you guys so much, I seemed to find the problem and my development seems to be going well. It's not huge but I hope you guys would be willing to play it when its complete :D