Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera Capture Kit - Adv. iOS / Android Photo Capturing

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crispybeans, Mar 4, 2016.

1. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi there

We just published our first asset at the asset store. It's called Camera Capture Kit and is meant for capturing still photos and images on your phone.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/56673

Using the plugin you can trigger things such as Flash, Auto flash, Torch, Focus, Anti-shake these will help make the image quality sharper. ( iOS / Android )

The asset contains a Camera Demo App demonstrating that can be used as a quick copy/paste starting point for integrating a camera like functionality using Unity UI.

We build the CameraCaptureKit around WebCamTexture as extensions to it so if you have a project using WebCamTexture to do similar functionality you can use the WebCamTexture plugin to toggle things like Flash and Focus.

Feel free to write me your feedback and suggestions - If you have a project were you want to integrate this feel free to contact us for help and support .

Cheers!

2. LeoYin

LeoYin

this is maybe the one I am looking for !
    Can i customize the UI ? show an square in the center or something like that.

Thank you.

crispybeans likes this.
  3. misterjbam

misterjbam

hello

No problem with Android , perfect.

Buy not working with IOS (test with last xcode and Ipad mini2)

Please Update you application.

4. crispybeans

crispybeans

If anyone else has the same problem as misterjbam ? Please dont hessitate to write us and we will get back to you with an updated version of the plugin for download via WWW , We just send an updated version to the Appstore that includes adjusting ISO as well as setting exposure compensation.

If you had problems with the demo's there is as well some minor fixes to the OnGUI demo which seemed to have problems adjusting the texture on device.

Cheers Chrispybeans

5. crispybeans

crispybeans

If anyone else has the same problem as misterjbam ? Please dont hessitate to write us and we will get back to you with an updated version of the plugin for download via WWW

6. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi Leo , yes you can customize the UI , the package features a Prefab with the UI can edit that prefab entirely to suit your own purpose. There is a very simple example I made for taking a photo and putting a beard on it.

7. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi guys

We just updated Camera Capture Kit with a fix to the problem misterjbam was experiencing as well as adding minor fixes to the OnGUI example. Some people requested that we add some support for doing ISO adjustments as well as exposure compensation for both iOS and Android. The functionality of adjusting exposure/ISO can be turned on/off in the Camera UI in case you need it or not.

Cheers Crispybeans

8. misterjbam

misterjbam

V1.1 It's ok for IOS .
    thanks for update and i change my ratiing (five stars)

crispybeans likes this.
  9. Realidade

Realidade

Hello!
    You can add multiple sticks?
    The sticks can be moved, rotate and scale?

crispybeans likes this.
  10. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi Realidade, please elaborate on what you mean by "multiple sticks" ? Do you want to chop,move,rotate and scale the image that you just took ?

Cheers

11. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hey People,

We just found an issue in the plugin that sometimes occurs in some Android projects with conflicting plugins, essentially if you implement a custom manifest with another Activity overriding the default Unity one you might stumble into problems, we will make a an update as soon as possible with this fix along with some extra material for the asset. If you are having issues like this one please don't hessitate to write to us and we will send you an updated WIP version of the CameraCaptureKit ( 1.1.2 )

Cheers Crispy

12. Realidade

Realidade

Hello!
    I want to wish to have option are various adhesives. (FunWithCamera).

crispybeans likes this.
  13. Realidade

Realidade

Hello!

How do I save the images on smartphone gallery?

crispybeans likes this.
  14. crispybeans

crispybeans

HI there!

We are going to send a update with a couple of bug fixes for Android as well as some extended functionality for saving a photo to the PhotoAlbum this week. If anyone other tha Realidade is in urgent need of such functionality please don't hessitate to mail us and we will send you the development branch .

Cheers

15. crispybeans

crispybeans

We just released an update 1.2 featuring new functionality

+ Ability to save photos to the photoalbum and the disk of the device.
    + Photo quality is also improved. (Android)
    + Bug fixes when flash is enabled for Android.

We got a request for providing an Android APK as a demo , this will be uploaded to either a dropbox account or google play sometime this week. If someone has any other requests please feel free to write us and we will consider implementing it into the package, now or later.

Cheers!

16. crispybeans

crispybeans

Status update:

Some people have requested to be able to control the orientation of the camera more closely when working with the camera in the project.

I have decided to add the functionality to rotate the camera even through the rest of the app is locked to landscape or portrait. Also we will be adding two modes for taking the pictures HighQualityMode and QuickPhotoMode.

We will also be looking into getting flash to work on Windows Phone. This is not going to be in the next update however we want to let you know that we're working on it.

Cheers!

17. crispybeans

crispybeans

We're proud to say that "Camera Capture Kit" has been used in the game called "Get-it" which is now on iTunes. The game is made by small team in the Netherlands called Forrest Owl Productions.

The game is quite unique idea where you have to guess the content on the photo.

Get-it on the Apple App store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/get-it/id820929162?l=en&mt=8

18. bugmagnet

bugmagnet

With this asset, am I able to set the focus myself in code?
    Can I take video and/or fast pictures while setting focus myself?

You did mention:
    but I just wanted to make sure that this is what you meant.

19. theFinder

theFinder

Does this asset support a usb camera connected to Android? I've been looking for a way to get the live video from a usb camera connected to an Android device on a Webcam texture.
    Thanks

20. neinei89

neinei89

In the android build fails, there is failure to capture the image.

Attached Files:

21. vishwas_211

vishwas_211

Hello,

Can you please add functionality to capture panorama in android using unity?

22. Carrosaurus

Carrosaurus

I'm having a problem on iPhone that when phone is rotated to landscape the camera output is displayed upside down. When picture is captured it is correct.

23. SketchWork

SketchWork

Hi there,

I'm really struggling to get the camera kit to work on my devices. I have merged the manifest files are per the readme file, but when I run the demo all I get is a blank screen. Feeling frustrated :(

Unity version 5.4 P1.

I have also tried to use Unity's built in merging of manifest files, but that does the same.

Thanks, Justin

24. crispybeans

crispybeans

We will put it on the list and see if we can have it in the next update.

25. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi Justin

As I wrote in the PM to you earlier on Unity 5.4 introduced a new issue with how the camera is enumerated - I have sent you a fix for that , should anyone else need that fix until it is approved by the assetstore, please write us and we will provide you with the bugfix.

26. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi Cupie the upcomming version fixes some of the issues with the landscape mode, if you want that version before its approved by the assetstore please contact us on the support email ( tastybits8@gmail.com )

27. Darkmoon

Darkmoon

Bought the kit. Was looking for some documentation. Is there any available? Testing the default "Getting Started Scene #1" with a Galaxy S7 Edge and all I'm getting is a black screen after hitting the camera button.

28. stefanob

stefanob

Are you planning on adding a feature where you can choose between a camera picture and a picture which is already on the device?

29. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi Darkmoon

There is a a folder with documentation inside the asset, if you have problems getting started please contact us at the support email and we will be able to guide you through it one-on-one.

Cheers

30. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi Stefan

We're planning to add this feature in another asset called "CameraCaptureKit Pro" this asset is currently being tested and if you like to be a beta tester for it you're welcome to contact me and I can send you something.

Cheers

31. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi there

We have now released a new version of CameraCaptureKit which solves some issues with Android and a problem on the iOS player. This version includes more documentation of the code as well as some compiler warnings removed.

Cheers

32. stefanob

stefanob

I got a few issues here. When I take a photo and assign it to a RawImage, the texture is horizontally mirrored in the Editor. When I publish to my iPhone 6 it's correct. When I assign it to a Quad, it's the other way around. Then it looks okay in the Editor but on my iPhone it's mirrored.

33. FundaySoftware

FundaySoftware

Hi

I just received a project where someone else implemented CameraCaptureKit, and I'm testing it out on Android right now.

I have a few questions.

For this project, we need to have the flash enabled continuously, and the current implemenation enables it every frame. Is this how it is meant to be done?

The native side of things has a nasty habit of spamming the console with logs every frame for things like enabling the flash, and checking if the flash is enabled. The Verbose switch in the C# side doesnt seem to help (as it has been commented out several places). Do I really need to edit out the log calls in WebCamTextureCameraExt.java, and recompile the whole thing, to get rid of this?

I'd prefer not to :)

Thanks

EDIT: I just figured out that it is not needed to enable the flash each frame. So my issues are solved now. However, for a future revision, a global toggle to enable log messages would be super helpful.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  34. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi Stefanob,

If you still have the issue feel free to contact us at the support, Camera Capture Kit rotates the image for you in two states, 1. when you are displaying a preview and 2. when its delivering the final result.

Please try the barebone demo and see if that works?

Cheers

35. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi FundaySoftware

Thank you for poiting it out, we will look into making a global verbose variable available to enable it.

Cheers

36. Red-Kamatis-Studios

Red-Kamatis-Studios

Hello,I just purchased your asset.
    I cant seem to save on the phone. I had already explicitly stated on the info that I do.
    >> what changes do I need to do?

Attached Files:

37. crispybeans

crispybeans

Hi Red-Kamatis-Studios

Could you please send me the log file of xcode when you try to save ? there are two says of saving an image, to the album or to the disk. which ones are you using ?

/C

38. Dreamies

Dreamies

Hello Sir,

I recently purchased your Camera Capture Kity on the Unity Asset store for a small project I'm working on. I am actually a beginner at c# scripting and working with unity, so i wanted to know if you could clear a doubt for me?

* On your Demo1 scene, you have a button called "START CAPTURE" which takes a picture and then asks if we ant to use the picture or not and once we say "USE", it goes back to the original front page and we have to again click on the "START CAPTURE" to start the camera again.

What if I want to click on the "START CAPTURE", the camera comes us, I take a picture by clicking on the camera icon, and as soon as I do that, I want the picture to be taken, used and then the camera resumes without me having to click either the "USE" or the "START CAPTURE" .

I tried adding the OnClick functions of the "USE" and the "START CAPTURE" as additions to the ONClick function of the Camera Icon which is used to take the image. It works fine in the editor, but when I build it for android, it behaves like there was no change made in the first place.

Please help me out if you can!

Thank you in Advance,
    Sophiya Yusuf

39. Kapuchin-janmajaya

Kapuchin-janmajaya

Hi, i am working on unity version 5.1.3 p2 . Is there a version of the plugin that supports this version of unity?
    I have already bought your plugin and tried it to find a black screen when the camera is on.
    Thanks.

40. Kapuchin-janmajaya

Kapuchin-janmajaya

With a few changes i managed to make it work on iOS . On android the camera turns on but the capture button doesn't appear.

41. the_greenlig

the_greenlig

I purchased your Camera Capture asset, and it works well when I use it on windows, but when I build to Android I get the errors in the attached images. They've been captured in the app, apologies for the quality!

Any idea what is happening here? I get the same two errors when I run the demo3 app on my android as well. The errors mention UnityCaptureAutofocus and UnityCaptureTestResolve.

The only way around it for me is to manually go through the code and comment out or return null any lines that have the #if !UNITY_EDITOR && UNITY_ANDROID statement. Not good, and not performant. Any idea what the error is?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  42. the_greenlig

the_greenlig

Also on Android, if I take a picture, then press the "Use" button, it takes a picture when that button is pressed and uses that as the final image. Something isn't working correctly here, it's taking me way too long to get a simple project working with the plugin.

43. aurodo

aurodo

Does this asset work for Augmented Reality Applications? with Vuforia / Artoolkit library? We are seeking camera capture for an AR project we are working

44. aurodo

aurodo

Does this asset work for Augmented Reality Applications? with Vuforia / Artoolkit library? We are seeking camera capture for an AR project we are working

45. mihaiciocan

mihaiciocan

Hello,
    I encounter an error on Android 5.1.1 when I use the back camera:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: autoFocus failed
    at android.hardware.Camera.native_autoFocus(Native Method)
    at android.hardware.Camera.autoFocus(Camera.java:1331)
    at com.CameraCaptureKit.WebCamTextureCameraExt$7.run(WebCamTextureCameraExt.java:726)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6939)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1404)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1199)

Any idea why this is happening?

46. QUDAGAMES

QUDAGAMES

does this tool support remote ip camera as webtexture ? or is there other tool can do it ? i know usb camera can be used as webtexture ,but my project need to use remote ip camera as texture in unity .so ...i am looking forward to your reply ,thank you.

47. kicktherabbit

kicktherabbit

Hi,
    I purchased the Camera Asset. But it doesn't work. I had failures just testing the demos scenes. When I start the app on my phone (Demo 1, Nexus5) and click "start capture", the screen goes black. Nothing happens. Can't see, so can't click. The same with the other demo scenes. Any idea why it acts like that ?
    Thx

48. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Hi,

Just bought this, works great in iOS, but, just wondered if you know how to get a HD camera resolution, on iOS iPod 5, I only get a camera 640x852, the actual camera is 4 times this!

Thanks,

Jon

49. huxiaoyin214

huxiaoyin214

Hi, want to buy this but can't find in asset store, really need the webcamtexture extensions with flashlight control. Can you provide any support ? want to buy it anyway. Please help, really need

50. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I wouldn't bother it didn't work correctly and there was no support at all.