Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cache server error in 5.5.1xf1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ResetLink, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ResetLink

ResetLink

I am getting a repeated Win32Exception when I try to enable the local cache server. It appears to be looking for a missing nodejs directory in /opt/Unity/Editor/Data/Tools. I don't see this directory with either with a deb package install or the .sh installer. I've searched a bit for similar errors, but the posts I've found suggest that the nodejs directory exists for them. Any ideas?

Connect to CacheServer
    Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/opt/Unity/Editor/Data/Tools/nodejs/bin/node', CommandLine='"/opt/Unity/Editor/Data/Tools/CacheServer/main.js" --port 7295 --path /home/link/.cache/unity3d/CacheServer --nolegacy --monitor-parent-process 17401 --silent --size 32212254720', CurrentDirectory=''
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
    at UnityEditor.LocalCacheServer.Create (Int32 _port, UInt64 _size) [0x00138] in /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPipeline/LocalCacheServer.cs:64
    at UnityEditor.LocalCacheServer.CreateIfNeeded () [0x000b6] in /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPipeline/LocalCacheServer.cs:156
    at UnityEditor.LocalCacheServer.Setup () [0x00012] in /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPipeline/LocalCacheServer.cs:165
    at UnityEditor.LocalCacheServer.GetLocalCacheServerPort () [0x00001] in /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPipeline/LocalCacheServer.cs:173

2. Tak

Tak

In our Linux builds through 5.5, we're relying on the user to have node installed externally. Starting with 5.6, it will be bundled in the above path.
    It's an error that we're trying to use a bundled node executable for the local cache server for 5.5 - we'll address that.
    Meanwhile, you may be able to work around the issue by creating a symbolic link to your system's node executable.

3. ResetLink

ResetLink

Symlinking in node appears to have done the trick for now. Thanks!