Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Buoyancy Habrador

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Skyzris, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Skyzris

Skyzris

2. lordofduct

lordofduct

OK, so there's a lot going on in that link. And I'm going to bet that the creator of said tutorial posted working code (they may not have... but odds are in their favor, rather than the you the newb misreading some part of it). So I'm not going to read through that entire tutorial and double check that the author didn't release a tutorial with a bug in it (I'm neither of your editors)... and most other people probably won't either.

So.... really, what can we say but for you to follow the tutorial. We don't know what you wrote... we only know what the tutorial says.

So how about this....

Go through the tutorial again, make sure you didn't miss something.

Is there any part of the tutorial you didn't understand? Note... don't just copy paste what a tutorial says, you should be attempting to understand all of its parts. Otherwise... what's the point of trying to learn it?

If there are any parts you don't understand... try asking us to explain it, we're happy to help.

If after all this you still are struggling... you might want to scale back your learning process. You may have picked a tutorial that is a bit too advanced for your current skill set and you should go to something smaller and practice there until you're ready for this more advanced stuff (from a cursory look of that tutorial, it's relatively advanced, especially for a newb).

eses likes this.
  3. takatok

takatok

And just from a look at the screenshot, you seem to have missed assigning an object a reference. There are a ton of repeated Obj missing a reference at line 49 (probably something in Update or FixedUpdate). Check out that line and see what Object isn't being set. Probably something simple as dragging the correct thing onto it in the inspector