Search Unity

Building Asset Bundles weird problem ("Cannot create folder...", "Failed to move file...")

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by Nirvan, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Nirvan

Nirvan

I wanted to use asset bundles in my bigger project for optimization and be able to use newest unity version.
    (Now I use unity 5.5 and it load all assets in first scene from references to prefabs etc. On newest version of unity on .exe build always crashes when this scene starts, I want to use asset bundles to load this assets only when needed from asset bundles)

When I build this asset bundles first time all went right but when I wanted to rebuild it was saying something like "Failed to move file from Temp/unitystream.unity3D..." or "Cannot create directory..." in console.

I was searching through many answears and there was similar problems and people was realting to directory accessibilty, but in this case it's not.

I created smaller project and made few same named folders, assigned asset bundles and reproduced problem.
    Case is unknown, error not shows when I remove one folder, but this folder don't have assigned any bundle and it's incomprehensible why this folder causes error in build pipeline for asset bundles.

Here you can check if you will have this error too (1mb): https://www.mediafire.com/?9mbjvcxrwj5f8vz

But remember that it can build without problems at first time, problems starts from second try of building bundles if everything is fresh.

To make it build bundles corretly, remove folder "weapons" which is under "assets -> actors -> player"
    then try to build bundles by going to card "assets" and on the bottom is card "asset bundles -> build asset bundles"

Hope someone will help me with this, my bigger project now will depend on bundles but I can't even start implementing it when this error occurs :/

EDIT: This error was caused because I had bundles like "actors/equipment/weapons" and each folder in project had bundle name like folder name, but there wasn't assets, only directories with directories and something was messing up with creating new directories, setting asset bundle "none" to this directories solved problem.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. shihui142857

shihui142857

Check the bundle output path name, if the path contains two same directory name, then change the name, make them different, this can solved this problem.

Sohaib_techverx likes this.