Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Build & Run not working?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by larswik, Jul 14, 2017.

1. larswik

larswik

SOLVED: On my Builds, in the player settings for the Bundle Identifier I had used a '&' and symbol when I created my game. I guess using Symbols there are a bad thing. I turned & in to the word and instead, then it built just fine.

Hi, I have been on a trip the last 6 months and when I returned I upgraded to OS X 10.12.5 and updated Unity to the new 2017.1.03f personal.

Before I had created builds just fine on the game I am working on. The build finishes and I see it in the builds folder but when I click on it nothing happens. The file is around 90 megs so there is something there. I don't know if the issue is my new OS X or latest version of Unity.

Did some research before asking and I found some people having the same issue but back in 2012. I tried looking for the output_log.tx file to see what it said but could not find that file.

Anyone else having issues with the builds, or what to try next?

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. Brianqq345

Brianqq345

Hi,
    not sure if this helps, but I am having the same problem, but only in one project.
    The older one with lost of scenes, and one that has an addon not compatible with the new unity version, is getting the Missing data file error when trying to play. I read on a forum that someone fixed the problem by removing an addon with a missing extension.
    The new project I have put modified scenes in with only assets for those scenes will build and play.

I noticed that the builds that wont play, are very quick to build, so its skipping something.

3. larswik

larswik

Thanks for the reply and suggestions!

It's still not building and I have tried different things so far. I am not sure what add ons you are referring to? I haven't imported any unity assets to use. I simply started a new 2d project and imported my own graphic png files so far. When I return home I am going to move the project to my laptop. It is running a slightly older version of the OS X, but the latest version of Unity. I want to see if it is an OS X issue of Unity.

4. larswik

larswik

Solved, answer at the top