Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Build and Build and Run Don't Work?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Arowx, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Arowx

Arowx

Tried an existing project and the Build and Build + Run buttons just don't work, no errors. The prompt to save as appears then when you click save it goes back without starting the build?

2. srmojuze

srmojuze

Hmm... I'm having the same issue with Corridor Lighting.

3. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

There was a bug with the dialog for Build/Build&Run, perhaps it made it into this experimental build... IIRC the workaround was to build to a location somewhere inside the project folder.

srmojuze likes this.
  4. srmojuze

srmojuze

Thanks much, building now. Hope Vulkan works :)

Edit: Build successful, but crashing occurring (similar to Cubemark).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  5. Arowx

Arowx

Are you using Instance Shaders, that was my problem, if not try a test scene with a few of the shaders you use. Prefab Cubes will do to test and find which shader is the problem.

Note if you use a lot of shaders you can use the divide and conquer method. Put half your shaders in one scene half in another test both. Take the one that failed and half again. And rinse and repeat until you find your problem shader.

It's the fastest way to find a needle in haystack.

6. f1chris

f1chris

the Build and Run crash is a recurring problem Still waiting for a fix. It seems related to the xcode plugin when updating Xcode version.Would like Unity to address this for good. Happeing in both my version 5.4.x and latest 5.5 betas