Search Unity

Bugs in Chapter 3

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by artieTwelve, Mar 5, 2017.

1. artieTwelve

artieTwelve

I sent email to certification@unity3d.com as requested but I thought I would post here in case others are seeing these problems. First the "maximize the screen" bug is still in force and a real pain for those of us with smaller monitors. Second, in Chapter 3:

Section 01 Video 09 Describing what is a unity native Game Object.
    Section 02 The Hierarchy of Scenes withing a game.

Clicking on the links sends me to a static screen. There is no way to start the videos. Here are some shots.

UnityCertBug02.PNG unityCertBug03.PNG UnityCertBug02.PNG unityCertBug03.PNG

2. artieTwelve

artieTwelve

So Unity got back to me on this. Turns out these two "sections" are just simple diagrams. The Unity reply is as follows:

Thank you for writing to us! The two sections that you referenced are not videos, but are actually still images as intended. They describe, in brief, what are Unity-native GameObjects (Chapter 3, Section 1, Part 9) in the list included in the image, and what the hierarchy of scenes in a multi-scene level would be.

OK, fine, but a little context would have been nice. Nothing in either of these shots gives me clue that these two sections are supposed to be screen shots. Every other link for this Chapter starts a video. I get that Unity is using some third party software to deliver this, but IMHO, it's confusing and sloppy.