Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug report for Unity Connect

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by MarcClintDion, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MarcClintDion

MarcClintDion

I could not find any bug report function on the Unity Connect page so I am posting here. Please let me know if there is somewhere more appropriate to file this.

In Canada, a city named Montreal is the top city for game development.

When typing Montreal into the Unity connect search field, no entries show up once the letter "e" is added because the algorithm is hard-coded to expect a special French character that even French people don't often have on their keyboards. (People in Quebec tend use the same mass-produced English keyboards that everyone else in North America uses).
    The character that is causing the problem is called "e accent aigu" it looks like this "é"
    I had to copy and paste that character here because I use an English keyboard.

The search listings that end up being shown remain the same as if no search filter was used because the word "Montreal" is not being recognized.

This character is considered optional except for people who happen to be French grammar instructors.

A substantial number of people who are looking for work in Montreal will never see the postings that are listed and this will convince companies in Montreal that posting on Unity Connect is worthless because they are not getting many/any responses.

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

This is a great catch! I never use the symbol and I don't think we've thought to check. We'll make sure to deal with special characters and the latin letters they map to. Thanks!

MarcClintDion likes this.