Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug on the Unity asset store?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alexanderameye, Jun 25, 2017.

1. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

This is the page of 'A* Pathfinding Project' where it states it was originally release 21 April 2017? This is clearly wrong since there have been reviews from over 3 years ago... Is this a bug?

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

It's entirely possible that was when version four was released, an the reviews are from an earlier version.

Either way the A* path finding project has been around for a long time. It was fairly established well before I stated using Unity. I actually didn't realise it was still active. That must make it one of the longer running assets that's still around.

3. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

I don't understand, originally released would be when version 1 was released right? And not version 4

4. pixpusher2

pixpusher2

That should be the version 4's release date. Version 3.x asset was deprecated to allow previous owners to still download it without having to upgrade. I guess the Asset Store didn't have a better way to handle this? o_O

astar.jpg

ZJP and alexanderameye like this.
  5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Most likely. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. They're getting ready to replace the whole thing. Check this out.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/go/v2

6. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Yes, I know :) thanks!

7. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

Realistically I could see it going either way. A major version upgrade with previous version deprecation can be both interpreted as an update or and upgrade. Unity seems to define it in the middle with the date that you point out being for the new version, yet reviews are carried over from the previous. I'd submit it as feedback on the new site if you want them to review it and possibly change.

In games this is also a fuzzy line. Games have dlc which get aligned with the original version, and they also have sequels which they treat as new products. Sometimes a dlc feels like a major upgrade and other times a sequel feels like a reskin. I don't think there is a cut and dried formula.