Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Bug] Diff not working when opened with TortoiseMerge (used to work)

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MrLucid72, Mar 17, 2017.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Whenever I compare a .cs file from within Unity with TortoiseMerge as default diff app, it opens Tortoise and nothing happens (it's just blank).

It USED to work :) I'm wondering if it's a user error (maybe I set something funny). Anyone know how to fix this? I'm on 5.5p4

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @dylanh7244! You're right, TortoiseMerge breaking is a regression that we will be fixing before leaving beta. We're really sorry for the inconvenience. :( In the meantime, you can use kdiff3 or SourceGear's DiffMerge tool.

MrLucid72 likes this.
  3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Thank you! Btw, Unity doesn't seem to detect kdiff3, but did detect diffMerge:

upload_2017-3-20_12-22-45.png

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for letting us know that kdiff3 isn't showing up in the list of diff/merge tools. We plan to add support for more diff tools and it seems that we haven't added it for kdiff3 yet. My mistake. :( In the meantime, DiffMerge should work well for your needs. Please let us know if you come across any more diff tool weirdness like this.

5. lukikow

lukikow

I'm sorry for refresh it, but looks like the bug still isn't resolved. Are you planning to do that?

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @lukikow, we plan to allow users to specify any diff tool that they'd like to use for Collaborate but it is a feature request that is currently waiting in our backlog while we work on the new refactor. Thank you for showing interest in this feature and we will work hard to bring this available as soon as we get the new design out.