Search Unity

Both Players Spawned have isServer = True

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by dalblas, May 22, 2017.

1. dalblas

dalblas

Hi there!

I have created a player prefab with a Network Identity set to Local Authority and have a Network Manager using the auto-create function on the prefab. I build the game to have a window for the client and use the Unity player for the server. When I have both players connected, one I choose as the Host and one I choose as the client, when I look at their Network Identity in the inspector they both show isServer = true.

Why would this be happening?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. TwoTen

TwoTen

The isLocalPlayer, isserver etc is not a specific value for each object. It's per instance. So when you spawn a object it will run the code on the Server and all players. So when looking at the inspector you are probably running as "host". A host is server + client in one.
    Try to run dedicated server as standalone. Then join that server with a client in editor and isServer should be false

3. dalblas

dalblas

I understand that it is per instance. I just ran the server only in the Unity player and had built and run a copy of the game to run as the client. When I look at the player(clone) in the inspector that was created when I joined as the client, it shows isServer to be true which it shouldn't when I read the documentation.

isServer.jpg

Baklusha and JFortunato like this.