Search Unity

Bootcamp Multiplayer Demo

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ExitBG, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Baroni

Baroni

I've bought a photon license, so I would like to see a v3 server example :)

2. marf

marf

I'm really interested to convert the demo to PUN.

3. tobiass

tobiass

A new Photon Bootcamp version (1.3) is live and the download works.
    The package has a new(er) client library inside and I got rid of the warnings due to EditorGUI scripting.

marf: We won't modify the Bootcamp Demo to Photon Unity Networking, sorry. For PUN, we already have the Angry Bots Demo which is more up to date and built with mobiles in mind.

Baroni: Thanks for the vote.
    More?

4. kidovate

kidovate

Hi Tobias,

Is there any way to integrate something like this with tech shown in the MMO demo? What i'm interested in is combining Unity networking and Photon interest management to have a similar effect over large worlds.

Thanks,
    Christian

5. tobiass

tobiass

kidovate: We will add some kind of interest management to Photon Unity Networking but right now, there is no "out of the box" solution.
    You can implement it with our server SDKs but so far, the server is simply passing through whatever the clients are sending. There is no "understanding" of what is passed.
    If your project is going "MMO style", you likely need more than just interest management done on the server.

6. trainergary

trainergary

I just downloaded the Bootcamp Demo, and I would like to use it in Unity 3.5. Are there any updates or coming updates to make it fully compatible with 3.5? Various warnings come up when I open up the project.

7. tobiass

tobiass

We will fix the warnings but we won't upgrade the Bootcamp Demo to 3.5 features.
    Also, we want to keep it 3.4 compatible for the time being, until most projects are switched to 3.5, too.

8. dufebin

dufebin

Excuse me, what is the problem, thank you.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DeserializeMessageAndCallback (System.Byte[] inBuff)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.Service ()
    Game.Service () (at Assets/Photon/Game.cs:346)
    Game.Update () (at Assets/Photon/Game.cs:68)
    usePhoton.Update () (at Assets/Photon/usePhoton.cs:123)

enter later ->>> this.peer.Service();

9. sdonnet

sdonnet

FIRST INSTALL of the demo...

I have troubles to run this demo... I can compile and run the demo; I can sign in, I can create a first room, but after clicking on 'OK' for creating room, I keep a dark screen... Nothing is displayed.

The only message I have in console is :
    UnassignedReferenceException: The variable _usePhoton of 'MainMenuScreen' has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the _usePhoton variable of the MainMenuScreen script in the inspector.
    UnityEngine.GameObject.SendMessage (System.String methodName, System.Object value) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/UnityEngineGameObject.cs:257)
    MainMenuScreen.MainConection () (at Assets/Scripts/huds/MainMenuScreen.js:789)
    MainMenuScreen.DrawGUI (UnityEngine.Event event) (at Assets/Scripts/huds/MainMenuScreen.js:307)
    GUIOptimizer.OnGUI () (at Assets/Scripts/huds/GUIOptimizer.js:12)

Here is what I have done :
    - under Unity 3.5, have created an empty project,
    - into this project, I have imported the demo, from the asset store, following the link http://u3d.as/1AA
    - I build for standalone, from the scene BootCampLiteLobby.unity
    - I deploy the photon server on an other directory, not related to the unity project,
    - I start the photoncontrol.exe (as administrator) and start the application. Logs contain :
    Adding UDP listener on :127.0.0.1: 5055 with a listen backlog of: 500
    (so for me, it is working)
    - and I run the demo from unity.
    And, as I said : I have black screen after the room creation...

Any idea of what is wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  10. Smapp

Smapp

I was having the same problem with Photon Server 3.0, then i switched back to 2.6 and the problem went away.

11. freefarmonline

freefarmonline

When it it be available to get Bootcamp running on the cloud? Then i would pay instantly for cloud solution! Is there a help how to convert Bootcamp or the Photon Bootcamp demo to the Photon Cloud? I use Unity 3.5

12. tobiass

tobiass

sdonnet: Most likely you didn't add the scenes to the build. All included scenes should be added (in order) to the build setup.

smapp: You are right: Photon Bootcamp Demo is not compatible with newer servers. Instead, use the included Photon SDK (the zip) like described in the readme.

freefarmonline: We can't really say when we will have the time to update this. However, there is a Photon Unity Library with LoadBalancing inside, so you could port the Bootcamp Demo to this and use the cloud. Get the Photon-Unity3D_v3-0-1-2_SDK.zip here: http://exitgames.com/download/photon

The LoadBalancing api in Photon-Unity3D_v3-0-1-2_SDK.zip is compatible with the cloud. You "just" need to update the demo.

13. tobiass

tobiass

We are finally working on a update for Photon v3.
    Yay!
    It won't become Cloud enabled in the first iteration but this is an option once we are up to date.
    Next week or the one after it.

Until then, have a look at coop play in the Photon Angry Bots Demo (asset store).

14. tobiass

tobiass

15. create3dgames

create3dgames

Save and close Unity. Reopen Unity. I had this same problem and fixed it that way.

16. chris-dalayap

chris-dalayap

Does anyone have another link fo download?

17. tobiass

tobiass

18. S.S.Q.R

S.S.Q.R

Have Just download Bootcamp and then Get some Bugs
    PHP:
    assets/standard Assets/Image Effects(Pro Only) / ToneMapping.js(64,25) :BCE005Unknown Identifier 'ReportAutoDisable'.
    I dont Know how to fix it . Im currently using Unity3d 4

19. tobiass

tobiass

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014