Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bold and italic font variants

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by lexacutable, Sep 9, 2015.

1. lexacutable

lexacutable

It seems that in 5.2, bold and italic font faces are no longer being automatically detected and used in rich text or in the font style drop-down. Instead, the regular font is just being stretched or slanted to provide the effect, which looks awful. Does anyone know of a way to force Unity to use certain fonts as bold and italic? Or is there some way to import them to make sure this happens properly?

2. Shii

Shii

3. Shii

Shii

Here is screenshots. Font used: Open Sans
    Project containts two fonts: OpenSans-Regular and OpenSans-Bold.

Used OpenSans-Regular font with Normal Font style. Renders correct.
    font_regilar_normal_correct.jpg

Used OpenSans-Regular font with Bold Font style and bold font deleted from Windows/Fonts folder. Renders incorrect when no OpenSans-Bold installed in Windows/Fonts folder EVER if OpenSans-Bold imported in the Unity project.
    font_regular_bold_incorrect.jpg

Used OpenSans-Regular font with Bold Font style and bold font placed in Windows/Fonts folder. Renders correct.
    font_regular_bold_correct.jpg

Worked in 5.1.3p2 and broken in 5.2.0f3.
    Especially painful issue for android project where I can not install required fonts to the phone filesystem.
    Example project attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  4. fokziu

fokziu

Same problem, got broken on android recently when updated to 5.2 and now 5.3 still broken despite the issue tracker claiming its fixed.

5. daisySa

daisySa

I have the same issue in 5.3.2f1. It's not a problem on OS X, it only occurs on Windows.

How do we re-open the issue in the tracker? I can't even vote for it as it's been marked as fixed in 5.3.0.

6. brunokeith

brunokeith

I am using the version 5.3.4f1 and I had this issue. I took a very long time to discover that the only thing I needed to do is to choose the font and click on Apply button.