Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

bluetooth keyboard tvOS

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by livingtech, Mar 16, 2017.

1. livingtech

livingtech

I've got a game for tvOS, and I want to use a bluetooth keyboard to control it. This isn't going into the app store, (at least not for a while), so for now at least I can require the bluetooth keyboard.

But while `Input.getKey(KeyCode.LeftArrow)` works perfectly in the editor, it doesn't work on the Apple TV, even though a bluetooth keyboard is connected, and works perfectly in other apps. (Including a "native" test app I created with xcode.)

Anyone know if there is an easy way to get it working? I saw there is a project that gets iCade working (here: https://github.com/mattfox12/iCade-Unity), and that's essentially just a bluetooth keyboard, but I'd like it to work for all keyboard input, not just the iCade specific buttons.

drhorner likes this.
  2. woojin

woojin

3. drhorner

drhorner

I am having the same issue. Unity running on tvOS/Apple TV 4k does not get the keyboard input. The keyboard works fine on the apple tv in all other applications on it so it is definetly a Unity problem. The application will not go in the store with keyboard input but I need it for development/testing and I need to know how to make it work.

Anybody have any clues or workarounds? Can I make the keyboard act as a controller/joystick? I only need a couple of keys to work.

Ideas?

Thanks

4. Muckel

Muckel

hello,
    this stuff does bugging' me all time!
    Unity Staff will never answer here... they really don't care about support...
    i have filled dozens of bug report about the issue... nobody care since 2010... :-(
    the problem is @ Unity... until they change the code... you can't do anything...
    i have switched for a project to Unreal Engine ....
    because Unity3d is not able to solve the problem since beginning!!!
    M.