Search Unity

Bloody Mess : Positional Data and Dismemberment [Beta Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OneShotGG, Apr 16, 2015.

1. mkgm

mkgm

Thanks...

2. retired

retired

If you can add a UnitZ Asset Integration tutorial for Bloody Mess I will pickup a copy instantly!

3. frankalonso

frankalonso

4. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

Currently no, but I have zero familiarity with UMA (tried to figure it out once and my brain fried). I would contact the UMA author and see what he says.

Technically any rigged character is compatible with bloody mess for positional damage the only issue you run into is if you want a non-split up character to have dismemberment.

You can run Bloody Mess without dismemberment btw.

For everyone, I am going to post a few pics of our Zombie model this friday. He is looking great!

rushbier likes this.
  5. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

To be perfectly honest I would replace the UnitZ Zombies with Simple People Zombies if you want to go that route. Simple people are compatible with Bloody Mess (As of the last update).

6. retired

retired

Thanks for the reply, I am looking for implementation of scripts similar to how you did UFPS and RFPS tutorials so the UnitZ weapon and damage scripts are linked to Bloody Mess as well as it being able to detect if you out of ammo, explosions etc. Also I am not using the UnitZ art style so Simple People would not work for my situation.

7. frankalonso

frankalonso

Ah I think that would be the core issue. Is there any plans for setting up dynamic dismemberment/splitting up? I ask since UMA would be created at run-time it couldn't be split up first.

8. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hey, i thought i might throw in a few ideas for those of you needing dismemberment. FPS Mesh Tool and URG. on the asset store both provide dismemberment of models that may work well for your needs with Bloody Mess. Neither are prefect, but if you don't want to dismember the models in 3d modeler programs that may be your best bet.

Gametyme likes this.
  9. reocwolf

reocwolf

I was just gonna say that. I think the ideal way to go would be to use Fuse or the mixamo auto-rigger and then URG.

Fuse allows you to create models like an in game character creator it also allows you to import your own character (if it meets the requirements: the UVs need to be a certain way). But you can always export one of the characters from Fuse and bring it to Zbrush and then project the one you already made on to it. Anyways, once you bring it into Fuse it allows you to upload it and auto-rig it for free. Fuse allows you to auto-rig two models per week forever. It does not only rig it in less than a minute but it also applies blendshapes to it that you can later use to animate (with something like LipSync). Once its rigged you download it in an FBX made specially for ease of use in unity.

I have not rigged in a couple of years. I hate it so much!

Use URG Dev Edition to make the ragdoll and do the dismemberment without having to mess with the model.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/release-urg-the-ultimate-ragdoll-generator.107501/page-7

But I have not done this. I do not yet own BM.

I'm actually here to ask questions:

1. I'm using UFPS with Paragon AI. Please do a Tut on integration with Paragon.

2. Our game is very similar to Fallout and since we found this we thought we would take it a step further and integrate what you call VPADS. ;) I want it!!! So please let us know how it would work with UFPS. And let us see it working!

3. Integration with Adventure Creator. AC makes it easy to crate a very similar game to Fallout. It integrates quite nicely with most packages including UFPS, Dialogue System, Playmaker and others. It allows to do events like changing the camera, moving it etc. Among other stuff. Would you check to see if you can implement integration with it for the VPADS functionality?

4. We're still debating whether to use UMA or not. Can BM dynamically detect parts or does it need to? We may use URG to dynamically generate dismemberment for the UMA characters.

Anyways, this looks amazing. Well definitely buy it.

10. JBR-games

JBR-games

@reocwolf
    If you are going to use urg with uma you should read up on the their forums, as there has been some mention that uma and urg dont work well together (i wouldnt know personally). In general ive tested with urg on some old models i have, and have had some issues like working correctly in play mode but not builds (compatibility issues with my models since their model still worked).
    Also i reworked one of urgs scripts to make urg a bit more friendly to someone using BM, if anyone ever needs it pm me (it will require some scripting rework for your project)

11. toltech2013

toltech2013

Is there a tool for cut up mesh for dismemberment in unity?

12. rozwellramirez

rozwellramirez

That has to be done separately in 3ds max, or whatever 3D program you use.

13. Lesnikus

Lesnikus

It is worked with PuppetMaster?

14. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

My question as well, does this work with Puppet Master? I have both, so I am going to give it a go.
    Another question, when are you getting out of Beta?

15. orvedal

orvedal

FPS Mesh Tool is what I have successfully used in my own game with BM. Works well enough since you cover the open holes with blood particle systems anyways.

16. orvedal

orvedal

Pooling? Did you ever decide to make a pooling tut? System is beautiful, but I use pooling...

Edit: Thanks for the great commenting in your scripts. Turns out everywhere you need to put in your own pooling code is commented.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  17. landBass

landBass

hi since the author is not answering can you maybe tell me how you did pooling .i placed my code in all the places that comments said but im havin a lot of problems especially with the limbs .sorry to ask you this but im really desperate here ive been working on this game for almost a year now and i havent been able to solve this problem for the past month

18. mycomport

mycomport

UFPS Version: 1.7 (Integration with Bloody Mess) issue..
    I'm trying to integrate those two great assets and any help or suggestion really helps.

For refs its BM Tutorial

In current version of UFPS in file mentioned in tutorial vp_HitscanBullet.cs
    missing "void DoHit" method not exist anymore, instead using DoUFPSDamage() method below,
    with single line of code:

/// <summary>
    /// applies damage in the UFPS format, with the amount of damage,
    /// its source and the dmaage type 'Bullet'
    /// </summary>
    protected override void DoUFPSDamage()
    {
    m_TargetDHandler.Damage(new vp_DamageInfo(Damage, m_Source, vp_DamageInfo.DamageType.Bullet));
    }

Below the code provided in video for integration

//Bloody Mess
    //call the ApplyDamage() function on the enenmy CharacterSetup script
    if (m_Hit.collider.gameObject.layer == vp_Layer.Limb)
    {
    Vector3 direction = m_Hit.collider.transform.position - Camera.main.transform.position;

if (m_Hit.collider.gameObject.GetComponent<Limb>())
    {
    GameObject parent = m_Hit.collider.gameObject.GetComponent<Limb>().parent;
    CharacterSetup character = parent.GetComponent<CharacterSetup>();
    character.ApplyDamage(Damage, m_Hit.collider.gameObject, weaponType, direction, Camera.main.transform.position);
    }
    }

The question is this right place to apply damage to enemy in UFPS now and code mentioned above right code to do it??

Attached Files:

19. MathewHI

MathewHI

I just bought FPS Mesh Tool for BM. Can you provide some help on how to divide the mesh properly? I can run mesh tool multiple times to split it in separate pieces but I don't know to split it up and still keep it together the way the character in the tutorials are. I would really appreciate it.

20. ChillyMcChillson

ChillyMcChillson

I second this :L Cant get it integrated with ufps 1.7

21. MathewHI

MathewHI

Come on buddy keep it going we've got work to do. I need that blender tutorial on how to divide the mesh.

22. naimabbassi

naimabbassi

how i can used for my own character? can you give tutorial of that? how i can do body parts?

23. JBR-games

JBR-games

Sorry but i believe this asset is no longer supported by the author. It has been deprecated.. Youll likely be on your own or possibly someone on the forums here might give you some help.

24. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Yeah, bloody shame. Please bring back this bloody asset.

JBR-games likes this.