Search Unity

Blender to unity color texture not fully appearing

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by LuckyHamster, Mar 23, 2017.

1. LuckyHamster

LuckyHamster

Hi, I have a weird problem when I open blender file in Unity. I attached picture to show problem. The word HEADS has slight green outlines but not all of it. The YES is properly colored though. On Blender it looks just fine though.
    Can anyone help me resolve this?

Thanks!

2. aer0ace

aer0ace

What file type is your texture? Can you post a picture of the texture?

3. LuckyHamster

LuckyHamster

It's png.

4. aer0ace

aer0ace

What is generating the text?

5. LuckyHamster

LuckyHamster

Its a 3d model with text popping out. you cant really see it cuz its only popping out a little.

6. aer0ace

aer0ace

Hmm, then is that a high poly mesh? How many polys is it? How are the words colored? Is it texture mapped? Why do the green and red swatches have a gradient? Are the normals of the polys that form the word HEADS facing in the same direction as the other polys?

7. LuckyHamster

LuckyHamster

I just used apply texture to material on blender. I don't know why the red and green have a gradient. I paid someone to draw it on blender for me because I am a newb. I'm confused why everything is just fine on blender and also on unity except for the word "HEADS".

8. LuckyHamster

LuckyHamster

I'll try posting on blender forum to see if anyone else might know.

9. aer0ace

aer0ace

You will often find a number of small inconsistencies between a 3D package (Blender, Maya, Max) and a 3D engine (Unity, UE4, etc). The 3d package and the engine loads the data differently, and in addition each can store data that is proprietary to that platform. When you develop a game, developers make note of those differences, and work around them and/or avoid them, or adapt to them with intermediate tools (scripts, programs, etc), so that the pipeline of working from 3D package to game engine is as streamlined as possible.

Being able to investigate these problems is part of game development. The more you can share about how the Blender model was built, and how it's being imported, the greater likelihood you will get a solution.

10. LuckyHamster

LuckyHamster

I found the solution. I had to select all the faces of the text and recalculate normals on blender. For some reason, the normals were pointed inwards for the HEADS text. Now it shows just fine on unity. Being a newb sucks. So much pain. Lol!