Search Unity

Blender materials not correctly importing into Unity

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Deleted User, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey everybody. I have a friend who helps me with models for a project of mine. Whenever I import these models into Unity, the materials get copied over, but the colors of them are a default grey. I have a feeling this has something to do with have store materials works, and that info gets lost whenever sending it over the internet? When I make a simple cube with a red material, it gets imported into Unity correctly.

Not sure what's going on here, I've had this problem forever and this was my last resort.

2. steego

steego

Blender materials and Unity materials are different, and Unity can't really use most of the features in Blender materials, you will have to re-create the materials in Unity.

The models need to be UV unwrapped in Blender, and you need to use texture maps only in Unity. That means if you are using any kind of node based material in Blender these need to be baked down to a texture before you can use them in Unity.