Search Unity

[Discount offers -Save $600!✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Mazak

Mazak

This is my goal

Attached Files:

2. Mazak

Mazak

I found the other videos! I'm golden

3. Mazak

Mazak

Hello again,
    I have an issue:
    I have a base scene and this base scene is always loaded even during editing. I want this scene to never have a sky box. But the system forces the issue.
    Where do I need to modify the code so it will not add its self to the MegaWars scene?

upload_2017-2-16_19-28-14.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  4. Mazak

Mazak

Next issue - I have everything in my scene set to the City Layer - is there a setting some where that will fix that as pre-fabs are added?

5. Mazak

Mazak

I have a horizontal white line just below the cloud line

upload_2017-2-16_20-21-49.png

6. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi Mazak

I think perhaps you have already received answers by Nasos's PM.
    Anyway, have you checked your shader based cloud options and adjusted vol Cloud fog Gradation?

Bright vol Cloud fog Gradation color with multi quad cloud option caused of this problem.
    Tell the truth, I had a same problem before.:p

Previous Nasos's youtube links might help for find solutions, especially at night color problem.

regards,

Ryuichi.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    Mazak likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Mazak,

About the layers, do you want all Sky systems to be in city layer for example ? There is no such option currently, but the systems can be assigned to layers as needed manually.

About the horizon, this can be lowered in SkyMasterManager script, in "Horizon_adj" and "HorizonY" variables. e.g lower the "HorizonY" to get the sky lower in horizon. This also helps with reflections in VR mode (fish eye creates reflection from lower in the horizon, this variable pushes the sky lower so gets the correct color)

About the skybox, you can assign any skybox needed in SkyMasterManager, "SkyboxMat" variable. The skybox is assigned to the Unity skybox.

Let me know for any more questions

Mazak likes this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP in joint Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 and InfiniGRASS v2.0 demo

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Using the subtle volumetric lighting system in Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 for atmospheric depth and variance

toto2003 and Mazak like this.
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

New Big offer !!!
    Get a free asset with every Sky Master ULTIMATE purshase !!!
    Available assets are InfiniTREE, Particle Dynamic Magic & Toon Effects Maker.
    While vouchers last. I can also send InfiniGRASS in Google Drive download (no vouchers available currenty).

Enjoy :)

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (Video 1 - Video 2) faster and can make a big difference.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 full volume clouds.

The new clouds system is now super optimized and performant and i am working on tweaking for various times of day and noise styling. The foliage-grass-rocks-trees is also under extreme optimization using InfiniGRASS v2.0.

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (Video 1 - Video 2) faster and can make a big difference.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 full volume clouds.

The new clouds system is now super optimized and performant and i am working on tweaking for various times of day and noise styling. The foliage-grass-rocks-trees is also under extreme optimization using InfiniGRASS v2.0.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

First video of the latest optimized full volume clouds WIP, the system is now super fast and able to pull great frame rates even on my very old (2010) PC with thick volume clouds and coverage and that in a scene with extreme foliage and detailed world (optimized with InfiniGRASS v2.0).

The effect has multiple performance controls, resolution control and various other techniques to achieve the great look and performance (and will get even more optimizations as it progresses). I am also working on a feature that will allow to use in 2D orthographic camera games as well, where the cloud horizon may be required to be in arbitary Y axis position (than the scene horizon in a normal 3D game).

Mazak likes this.
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Demo version of the new Full Volume Clouds (InfiniCLOUD) system that will be included in future Sky Master versions
    , the system has received heavy optimization to the volume clouds effect so can look great without strange temporal effects and be very fast due to resolution control.

Sky Master v4.0 Full volume clouds demo (windows standalone) - in InfiniGRASS v2.0 demo with latest foliage optimizations:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBZG82SEFNeHdfaHM/view?usp=sharing

The is a WIP demo, so there is no controls for the clouds yet e.g for density - scatter properties etc (though in the demo the cloud lighting will change properly automatically as the sun moves around, which is one of the major perks of this new option for clouds in Sky Master)

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (also Video 1 - Video 2) faster and can make a big difference.

Knightmore likes this.
  15. Knightmore

Knightmore

After InfiniGRASS, InfiniTREE and InfiniCLOUD:
    How about InfiniWATER? :p

Multiple Water Prefabs inside one open world scene which all react to the day-night transition and all able to have different settings.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

I plan to have separate assets for both the new water and clouds indeed :) and will include in Sky Master next big version too (which version will be depends on various factors)

I am also working on massive weather particles (GPU particle system) for weather FX

Ryuichi173 and Knightmore like this.
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Also working on InfiniLAND (http://i.imgur.com/Yeqaa9H.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/lXnIce6.jpg) and InfiniBUILD (http://i.imgur.com/RNAPxjc.jpg). The final goal is for all these assets to work together and apply my AI and parametric gameplay system over procedural worlds.

Knightmore likes this.
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

New Big offer !!!

Get a free asset with every Sky Master ULTIMATE purshase !!!
    Available assets are InfiniTREE, Particle Dynamic Magic & Toon Effects Maker.
    While vouchers last. I can also send InfiniGRASS in Google Drive download (no vouchers available currenty).

Enjoy :)

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features & updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (Video 1 - Video 2) & can make a big difference.​

Sky Master v4.0 Full volume clouds demo (windows) with InfiniGRASS v2.0:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBZG82SEFNeHdfaHM/view?usp=sharing

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on integration of the new v4.0 full volume clouds and v3.4 volumetric lighting & shadowing.The two systems are working great together to give a full next generation atmospheric emulation.

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (also Video 1 - Video 2) faster and can make a big difference.

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tutorial on Prefab based setup

Sky Master ULTIMATE can be setup directly from drag of a prefab in the scene, the only major step needed after that is the setup of the actual terrain.

This is done by erasing my sample terrains and setup the terrain in "terrain" section in the configurator, by extending the Unity terrains list, adding the terrain and press on "Setup Unity terrains" button.

The "Add snow material" must be checked or unchecked before the setup and if checked will apply Sky Master terrain material to the terrain (for gradual snow growth)

This material works best when a bump map is also assigned to the terrain splat maps.

The WATER object that holds the water can be moved up or down freely to match the desired water level.

The prefab uses the Volume particle clouds by default, in the video i showcase how to remove those clouds (cloud referneces in Sky Master Manager script) and enable the new in v3.4 shader based volume clouds (and bit of tweaking to get the look desired, plus showcase the shadow layer "Clouds (108) which can be turned off or on if shadows are needed - on by default -)

The initial land coloration is defined in SkyMasterManager, per season, in the video i showcase how to regulate the color for the (default) Spring season.

From video start up to 2:27 time, the prefab insertion in the scene and the user terrain setup are showcased, from 2:28 - 3:43 is the terrain shader and terrain start color tweaking (start color is given in Spring Terrain color variable in SkyMasterManager, spring is the default season) and from 3:44 - end is the removal of particle volume clouds and addition of the new in v3.4 shader volume clouds option and their parameters tweaking.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 with InfiniGRASS v2.0 demo.

Ryuichi173 and kurotatsu like this.
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Prepare for the xSTREAM !!!

The next major Sky Master version will be all about extreme performance and cutting edge next generation effects like full volumetric clouds with cutting edge next gen lighting and look and combination with the volumetric lighting system.

Pic from WIP on the new v4.0 full volumetric clouds (now super optimized for xSTREAM performance)

Stress demo scene with extreme foliage & all major effects on, grabbed on my old 2010 PC (core 2 duo, XBone level GPU).

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features faster and can make a big difference.

kurotatsu likes this.
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP from Sky Master xSTREAM clouds (InfiniCLOUD)

kurotatsu likes this.
  24. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi Nasos,

It might be cause of lighting but it seems that new volumetric clouds looks better and better.
    Especially cloud's edge artifacts are not seen anymore! Congratulations!

By the way, I hear that you planning to separate water and sky to another asset.
    That mean, Skymaster xStream is complete pack and some contents would be sold separately like SECTR does, right?
    And you once talked about "AI", what is that mean? Is AI for enable us control Procedural world generating? Or another purpose?

Anyway, I'm looking forward your amazing imagination and skills.;)

Best,
    Ryuichi

PS,

It is request if you have time.
    Could you add nextgen force system to water system?
    That mean, it would be unique if ocean current would affect to underwater objects like wind turbulence.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Ryuichi,

I am glad you like the new clouds :), i am doing a lot work on them and i have managed to optimize them so i can have a lot reduced artifacts, which is the main issue with similar full volumetric systems and i have even more optimizations in plans as well that are not yet in.

The xSTREAM version is for now a code name, one of the plans is to release a new asset (xSTREAM version) with the cutting edge effects (new clouds, water and GPU particles). Similar clouds are priced at $150, so i want to have everything in and keep prices low, thus i am still thinking what formula would achive that.

Another way would be to create two separate plugs in for the new clouds and water and have them plug into Sky Master ULTIMATE and the third idea is to provide all new systems as Beta for a while for all users of current system and if reviews go well and the asset moves to 5 star rating again, i will release xSTREAM version for a very small upgrade (e.g. $10 upgrade, the separate pack may still be released as well for users that want only clouds or water for example)

In all cases Sky Master ULTIMATE users that like the system and have helped it move forward with reviews can get in my Betas and pre-betas, so start using the systems right away for totally free :). So my main focus currently is to have a first Beta version that users can start using (i have already sent a pre-Beta of clouds to a few users to test) and the store release and final decision on release form will be much later.

The water forces is something i will go in a lot in next versions, the currents idea is also very cool, i will look into it as well for the forces module. One other thing i want to do is emulate actual high waves, which i have not seen done anywhere else (this is TBD if it is possible though, since i have not seen it done in any other game i know of)

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  26. nasos_333

nasos_333

I attach a first WIP version fo the FAQs guide, i have created from various issues that come up frequently, so these should help clarify some major points for starting with the system and tweaking it.

Sky Master ULTIMATE FAQs (WIP)

Q: Is there a features summary for Sky Master ULTIMATE ?
    A:
    A guide (WIP) on Sky Master features is linked below:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/SM34/SKY MASTER ULTIMATE FEATURES.pdf

Q: Is there video tutorials to help with the system setup ?
    A:
    There is multiple video tutorials available to help with the setup, in the following playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJQvoQM6t9Ge2ehO4N1kNq3jvHmVst_el&v=P-CxUnh0VMc
    Also extra material for specific cases:
    Here is also some videos with steps for tweaking the volume fog, night sky and moon-sun light for night case

Haze tweaking image based guide:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/s...-weather-fx-ocean.277618/page-18#post-2797793

Sky presets image based guide (Presets is one of the sky voloration options, v3.4 also has Gradient based coloration mode):
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/s...-weather-fx-ocean.277618/page-19#post-2819239

Reflections tweaking image based guide:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/o...erformance-mobile.280612/page-21#post-2838959

Moon setup image based guide:
    http://i.imgur.com/DUL8InT.jpg

Q: How do i reduce the project size ?
    A:
    I have created a Clean Up guide for demo assets.
    Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Clean Up GUIDE:

Can be removed:

In GI Proxy folder:
    - Crytek attrium folder
    - the sample terrain "radiocity" in folder root
    - the MATERIALS folder

In SkyMaster folder:

In Assets -> Version 1.0 folder:
    All trees and textures (in Materials->Trees)
    sounds Folder
    some of volume cloud texture sheets (keep "CLOUDS 3" and "CLOUDS 4b REAL 1") in "Materials -> Clouds"
    2 sample terrains (in "Meshes" folder)

Version 2.0 folder - sample terrain in "Terrain" folder

Version 2.2 folder - sample tree in "Materials -> Trees"

Version 3.0 folder - Whole (may want to keep UnderWater -> Caustic Textures for the caustics)

Version 3.3 river - sounds folder + sample terrain (in "River -> River Assets" folder)

All demo scenes in SkyMaster folder + whole of "SKYMASTERv2.0 DEMOS" folder

The 2 Manuals (Configurator guide and full script reference)

Waterplanes - remove all except "Plane127x127x127W0.01L0.01H" plane that is used for the water in default
    Note that the final builds only take the assets used in the game, so the final game build wont have any more space taken than needed.

Q: I get a black terrain or terrain with black spots
    A:
    1. make sure SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER is active and is attached to the main terrain.
    2. Make sure the sky is active and GroundColor in SkyMasterManager is set as needed, since the systems grabs the ground color for ambience when the Auto ambient from sky mode is enabled.

Q: The System produces an error or has various strange issues with sky
    A:
    The system uses a camera tagged as "MainCamera" to do various tasks, thus make sure at least one camera in the scene is tagged as such.

Q: The Tags.cs file produces an error (when two ARTnGame assets are installed)
    A:
    The Tags.cs file(s) can be removed as they are not part of the core systems to solve
    the issue, this is due to using two of my assets that have the same (helper) file, which is mainly left for Unity4 tags setup.

Q: Is there a quick setup method (besides the step by step one)
    A:
    Yes, the Setup through one of the provided Prefabs. The system can be easilly setup by dragging a prefab and tweaking with the actual scene terrain, video guide link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJQvoQM6t9Ge2ehO4N1kNq3jvHmVst_el&v=EveE2IcXGeI

Q: How do i Setup for VR
    A:
    The VR setup requires a few extra steps in order to control the volume fog and sun shafts on Left-Right cameras,
    as described in the video guide (also text in video description): https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJQvoQM6t9Ge2ehO4N1kNq3jvHmVst_el&v=64gXCW0v_Ck

Q: How do i control the time via scripting ?
    A:
    The variable current_Time can be set (or grabbed) from SkyMasterManager script directly, it is advised to avoid changing time in mid game instantly or if it is needed to use the new Gradient based sky coloration mode, which can handle such transitions smootly (as it samples from a gradient than lerp at key points)

Q: How do i set the Weather in the game via scripting ?
    A:
    The weather in v3.x can be set using the currentWeatherName variable in SkyMasterManager script directly. It is advised to leave an interval between changing weather types so the system is able to properly lerp to its final values for each weather steady state.

Q: How do i setup the system for mobile.
    A:
    The mobile setup for SM2.0 (global compatibility) phones can be sampled in the mobile demo included in the asset. The main changes is the sky material, found in SkyMasterManager script, "skybox_mat" variable and is assigned in Unity Lighting settings skybox and the water is also using a SM2.0 material (uses SM2.0 shader), which is assigned in "WaterBaseSM", "PlanarReflectionsSM", "WaterHandlerSM" and (optionally) in "WaterHeightSM" scripts. Also the image effect volumetric fog (which is SM3.0) is not used and instead for distance fog a special SM2.0 shader is used on the distant mountains instead, that also emulates light scattering in the distance.

Q: How do i further optimized the mobile demo for even mor performance on mobile ?
    A:
    I have created a reference guide for all possible tweaks and gain over the default mobile demo, link: http://i.imgur.com/TRuHE5M.jpg

Q: Some sliders in editor do not seem to change settings (outside play mode, e.g. water sliders)
    A:
    Make sure the latest version of Sky Master ULTIMATE is used (v3.4.7), there are some reports in rare cases where Unity will serve and older version (for unknown reason, possibly a bug in the store), so make sure the latest version is grabbed (i can send v3.4.7 in Google Drive download if an older version is served instead by Unity store)

Q: How do i remove the volumetric particle clouds (after having them setup with pressing one of the icons)
    A:
    The clouds are referenced in SkyMasterManager script, in "Heavy Storm vlume clouds" and "Day clear volume clouds" variables, remove the references (set to none) to avoid instantiating the volume particle cloud systems. Setting these variables is also the way to use custom volume particle prefabs (outside the ones defined with the icons)

Q: How do i control the anbient lighting in the scene ?
    A:
    Ambient lighting has two modes, one is the automatic caclulation by the sky colors which is activated using the "Update Ambient from Sky" option and its intensity is controlled by "Ambient intensity" slider. Make sure to also use "Ground color" variable in SkyMasterManager to define the ground color of skybox, which will affect the underside ambience of objects.

When this automated mode is not used, the user can set the ambient mode in Unity Lighting settings panel, to be either "Color" or "Gradient" in "Ambient source" list. The color is then defined for each season in SkyMasterManager color variables named as "Day_Ambient_Color", "Dusk_Ambient_Color", "Night_Ambient_Color" and "Dawn_Ambient_Color" near the script end.

Q: I still get a light component from the sun at night, can the sun be turned off completly ?
    A:
    The sun default night intensity is defined in SkyMasterManager script, in "Min_sun_intensity" variable and defaults to 0.1f. Set this to zero to get zero sun light intensity at night time.

Q: Can the horizon be adjusted ?
    A:
    The two variables in SkyMastermanager named "Horizon_adj" and "HorizonY" can be used to adjust the sky horizon lower or higher.

Q: Is there a way to change the speed of the stars? (changing the sun speed does't stop star movement)
    A:
    The stars of the galaxy is an image and a shader to enchance it. The rotation of galaxy and stars is done with the "Cirle_around_particles" script attached to the star particle, that rotates around a pivot object with a defined speed. If the Latitude/Longiture system is used the particle stars and galaxy are parented to the moon system and will rotate along with it. This can also be done manually when the simple sun rotation (default) is used as well, by parenting the "0 STAR PARTICLES" object in "SKY MASTER MANAGER" object to the "Sun System" object and will rotate with it
    (make sure to uncheck the Rotate_around_particles script in the STARS object)

Q: Is there any performance hints guide ?
    A:
    A quick guide for main performance tweaks is attached:
    The main performance enchancement possibilities are in the below (for some apply when they are enabled):
    - the volumetric light ("Atmopsheric ScatteringSky Master" script - optional system), in Occlusion Downscale and samples
    - in configurator, the "Update Ambient from sky" (optional use for ambient using the sky colors) and its update regulation in "Update Ambient light every specified seconds", that make sure the update takes less
    - in configurator the "Sky shader update per defined seconds" variable that updates the sky shader in intervals (for slow sun speed can set higher for less updates per second)
    - in water system the reflections (define layers to be reflected for better performance and there is also a downscale factor in the "PlanarReflectionsSM" script
    - The volume shader clouds (SHADER VOLUME CLOUDS object) has the cloud layers, which can be removed as needed to get better performance (e.g. disable a few layers to use less processing power) or disable the Clouds (108) layer that casts the shadows.
    - The various image effects can be heavy, especially the blur one, so using less can improve performance.
    - in volume particle clouds (Volume Clouds SM script) the script update rate can be regulated with "Max_divider" and "Update interval" variables, for better performance in the calculations.
    - For night time, set in SkyMasterManager script, the "Min_sun_intensity" variable to zero to get no sun light component in lighting.

Q: Is there a demo for Android ?
    A:
    The Android demo is linked below
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBWEJoQ1Y3TTQwQUU/view?usp=sharing

Q: Is the dynamic snow shader available for SpeedTree trees as well, besides the included shaders for Unity terrain, trees & meshes ?
    A:
    Yes, the shader is not included in the asset due to licensing, and can be downloaded below
    New version of the Dynamic Snow shader for SpeedTree (Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBR0kyTnZhM0JzVlk/view?usp=sharing

Q: What tags are required for the system and how to define properly ?
    A:
    The tags needed depend on what sub systems will be used, some demos require the "Flammable" and "Flamer" tags since the advanced particle propagation system requires them. The dynamic lighting system requires the "Conductor" tag to be defined in order to find the lighting targets. Make sure to define the tags in editor time, as tags that only appear in play mode (happens in some cases when were used in the scene in another project) may create an issue with the systems, so is advised to create the tags manually before entering play mode in Layers menu (edit layers option, Tags list).

Q: Shadows from the new v3.4 shader volume clouds are too dark, can this be adjusted ?
    A:
    The shadows opacity depend on Ambient lighting intensity and also on the shadow strength in the Sun light. To regulate the Sun shadow strength, use the "Strength" slider in "Shadow Type" in the Light component found in "SKY MASTER MANAGER" -> "Sun System" -> "Sun" Object in the hierarchy.

Q: Can the Shadows from the new v3.4 shader volume clouds be disabled ?
    A:
    Yes, the shadows are cast from one of the cloud layers that is set as shadow caster (e.g.the quad named "Clouds (108)" in the sample clouds). This object can be disabled to remove the shadow casting (found in SHADER VOLUME CLOUDS Object, parented in each of the clouds types holder objects)

Q: The new v3.4 volume shader clouds seem to rotate with the camera, can this be disabled ?
    A:
    Yes, this is a special mode where the cloud quads can have a rotation from the horizontal plane to emulate more thickness or vericality in the horizon). In SHADER VOLUME CLOUDS Object, "CloudHanlderSM" script the "RotateWithCamera" and "RotateMultiQuadC" checkboxes can enable - disable the effect. Make sure to also set the rotation of the cloud types to zero in order to level the clouds for all camera angles. This may also require to adjust the "Offset Sun Intensity", "Offset Shadow Difference" sliders in the Configurator, in order to adjust the lighting for the new rotation.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Q: When in Unity 5.5 version, there is no shadows in the volume shader clouds in the main demo (or appear only in certain sun angles)
    A:
    It seems shadowing has changed a lot in Unity 5.5 and now the shadows from the quad plane that casts the shadows (e.g. "Cloud (108)" object in the first cloud type) are affected by the sun direction is strange (buggy) ways, this is probably a bug from Unity side and hopefully will be fixed in one of the upcoming versions. This issue is not happening in Unity 5.3.2f1. The issue is happening with any object of larger scale as well, so is not Sky Master specific and is due to the new (buggy) version of Unity 5.5 shadows system. The specific version i test on is 5.5.0f3 of Unity.

28. Mazak

Mazak

I have an odd one for you.

SkyMaster modifies the lighting for every scene if I load multiple at a time.

I have a city view and a view from space.

In space there is no skybox and the ambient light is 00000000

If I load the space view while I have the city view loaded - I turn off the cameras for the space view., skymaster modifies the lighting for the scene.

How do I stop this behavior?

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

In what ways is the lighting modified ? Also is the skybox affected ?

EDIT: I did a test adding a scene with no skybox and ambient to the main v3.4 demo scene in Unity 5.5.2 (latest version) and i did not get change in lighting (i disabled the space sun light and space camera). Perhaps there is an extra sun light in the space scene that would affect the lighting to the main scene ?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  30. Mazak

Mazak

Did you hit play?

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Indeed in Unity 5.5 i get a flicker when the game starts (both in demo with and without the space scene for example). I traced this due to the Atmospheric Scattering image effect on the Camera and i suspect it is due to the new way Unity 5.5 changed shadows, which has a multitude of bugs (i get broken shadows in various sun angles for example with big objects, which did not happen before as well)

So a temporary solution is to disable the volume lighting or the shadow ocllusion only in the effect and i will send bug requests for the various shadow related issues to see what can be fixed with some change in shaders or what is a problem in Unity core and requires a patch from Unity side.

Generally 5.5 version seems broken at this moment, so i may have to try the 5.6 as well as alternative, as shadows seem very broken in 5.5 in more than one ways (i hope they revert to the previous system TBH and restructure from there).

If this does not solve the issue, let me know so i search for another possible problem further.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I have found the fix for the game start flicker, it seems the image effect in Unity 5.5 requires an extra initialization in Start()

In AtmosphericScatteringSkyMaster.cs script, add a new Start() function as:
    Code (csharp):
    2. void Start(){
    3.   OnWillRenderObject();
    4. }
    and in OnWillRenderObject() function, below the line "m_currentCamera = Camera.current;" add a check to avoid errors produced when the camera is not defined
    Code (csharp):
    2. if(m_currentCamera == null){
    3.    return;
    4. }
    These changes initialize the OnWillRenderObject(); at game start and removes the initial flicker. Let me know if this solves the issue.

33. Mazak

Mazak

I'm in the space scene - no sky box
    upload_2017-3-8_10-10-29.png

The instance the city view is loaded enterspace gets the skybox.
    upload_2017-3-8_10-11-46.png

When I exit the city scene and return to the space scent the skybox is still set.

upload_2017-3-8_10-12-56.png

Where is it forcing the skybox?

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

I see the issue, SkyMasterManager script is forcing the skybox material if not exists in Lighting settings. So when changing the skybox, first disable the SkyMasterManager script, set empty (null) skybox if null is needed in Unity lighting settings and should work.

If you have an all black skybox for the space, this is also possible to use instead of the dynamic physcically based default one, you can change the "Skybox_Mat" variable in SkyMasterManager script with any skybox and the defined one will take the previous one's place. This works in run time as well, so can be set by script and changed back when the camera changes etc.

35. Mazak

Mazak

Where is the code that does this? I will fix it not to force anything.

The skybox is in the city scene, that is enough.

36. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hmm...It is my personal thinking, but it is not so good idea rewriting code in this timing.

I've asked Nasos by PM before, and I told by him that he planning refactoring code because he received customer voice like you and I. It's code is too difficult to read because of less comment and huge amount of variables if you try to customise it for your specifically for now, even if there are some prepared method to control asset by single line of code.

If it is not so tight schedule, may be it is better to wait until refactoring finishing.

37. Mazak

Mazak

Thank you for the advice.

I ended up making a modification to my code when the scene was changed to set the skybox to null and the ambient color to black. Problem solved.

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Mazak,

If you need to disable skybox assignment you can search for "RenderSetings.skybox = skyboxMat;" lines in the SkyMasterManager script and comment them out for example (you can disable for all presets or the preset in use), so this is another possibility, i will make sure to offer an option to disable the auto assignment too in next versions for more convinience.

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Prepare for the xSTREAM !!!

The next major Sky Master version will be all about extreme performance and cutting edge next generation effects like full volumetric clouds with cutting edge next gen lighting and look and combination with the volumetric lighting system.

Pics from WIP on the new v4.0 full volumetric clouds (super optimized for xSTREAM performance).
    Stress demo scene with extreme foliage & all major effects on, grabbed on my old 2010 PC (core 2 duo, XBone level GPU).

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features faster and can make a big difference.

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Pics from WIP on the new v4.0 full volumetric clouds (super optimized for xSTREAM performance).

recon0303 and wahyuway like this.
  41. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

Greetings friends! Is the water in this asset not yet expected to be functional in Unity 5.5, or am I doing something wrong?
    I am running Unity 5.5.1f1 and SkyMaster ULTIMATE 3.4.7 downloaded from the asset store.

Here is what the "SkyMaster 3.4 ATOLL DEMO 2 v3.4.3" scene looks like in play mode out of the box. All the other scenes I checked out are equally broken.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I have tested the asset in Unity 5.5.2f1 and is working ok, so this could be an incompatibility between the new Unity and GPU that causes the issue. As a first step try changing the platform to PC (if was something else) and change between DX11 and DX9 to see if one of these modes fixes the issue.

Also try Forward and Deffered in the camera.

If none fixes it, i will send a bug request to Unity.

As an extra note, i get a similar effect on my old laptop due probably to an old GPU, but i am not sure if the two are related. I had not tried to handle that on my laptop as it was a very old model and attributed the problem to that (since the water works on all other newer of my systems)

In the laptop i have Unity 5.4.2f2 and when using DX9 i see the same issue in Deferred camera and is solved when switching to Forward rendering. In DX11 mode (actually DX11 emulation in DX10 GPU) the system works always in both Forward and Deferred.

I will do some extra work to try pinpoint the problem, but it could be something internal bug in Unity in combination with the GPU model, so this might not be addressable from my side (thus i will also ping Unity for a possible bug as well)

Let me know if the above helped and for any further help

Attached Files:

• 552.jpg
      552.jpg
      File size:
      271 KB
      Views:
  43. recon0303

recon0303

yes, Doc and I also have asked him a long time ago to clean up the code a bit, use helper scripts, interfaces etc, to make it easier to customize and read. Right now its super tough to read.. Great tool, and I own most of his tools, he worked super hard, but the two things that hold this tool back a bit, is code readability and his Demo's for new customers. .. one more thing is the demo's looked rushed and I know that hurts this asset from what I hear from people on the fence, it took me a year to buy it, and I been using for over a year now..Wish I bought it... before... DOC and I both tell people to buy and we get well the DEMO'S look bad.. and we hear the code is a mess.,

So if I where Nasos I would care about these two things as we been hearing this for almost 2 years now these issues, it used to be UI issues, but he has fixed the UI issues....

Regardless I think people should buy his tools as he works hard and give amazing support.... Keep up the good work. I think this is one of the best since it supports all platforms, and he keeps adding some nice functions to this tool which helps save a ton of time..

Most people on the store ignore mobile, so I tend to buy assets that support mobile as well as console and PC, so far these tools do and been great for our development, I will continue buying his tools in the future and any updates he charges for.

That is my opinion on this matter and based on what others have said that have been on the fence about buying.

PS: Glad to see all the next gen stuff and the new improvements Looking forward to the new clouds.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    nasos_333 likes this.
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the support :)

I have now toned down my new features development and will focus on optimizing the code for all my systems, so that one is a priority to start right after the first pre-Beta of the new clouds system (90% done) in Sky Master and InfiniGRASS v2.0 pre-Beta (95% done) are released to the closed Beta group.

Then i will take my time to make the code perfect and as small in size and compact as possible and then move on with the final Beta and store releases, to make sure everything is super perfect on every aspect for the new versions.

This will extend a lot the time to get to the store, but i think will be worth it and cover all users that want more clean and well commented code, that will be top priority until is also perfected. The pre-Beta and Betas will be released a lot before the store, so will be available much sooner as well.

45. recon0303

recon0303

I hope mobile has been tested during the beta group... Seen to many not tested and at the release, mobile ends up not working:(....

But glad to hear about the code being a priority, it will help current and new users . Alot.

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

You mean mobile on the sky or grass system ? The grass is still heavy WIP so mobile will be handled as well before release. The new full volume clouds are not targeting mobile as they are the most cutting edge graphics in desktop, so while they in theory are possible to use on SM3.0+ mobiles, i am not sure they could handle it well. Though my method of optimization could possibly enable them on stronger mobile as well, but with a bit more fuzzy look than desktop, i will test that aspect as well.

47. recon0303

recon0303

both actually, as I only do mobile development with Unity, I use Unreal , Cry for PC... So mobile only has interest to me. I been seeing less and less assets pay much attention to mobile, and we been replacing assets with our own tools, so I like to know what the future holds for any asset as I seen to many assets start development for mobile and then bail or never finish. Which causes me to waste money for development, so I always like to see where developers of assets are headed to see if it worth continuing or making our own solutions as we been doing in the last few years. as I said seen to many assets wasted . and them abandoning mobile or just not giving it any updates. Not saying yours, but many of others. So this info is important to know so I can just make our own solutions we only buy assets to save time. or mobile is NOT tested at all or enough..Or I get vague relies that they think mobile works lol..I see this alot..''Far as the clouds go, not to worried about them as we use our own anyways. for mobile as I never been that impressed with anyone else's mobile clouds.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    nasos_333 and Ryuichi173 like this.
  48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Mobile clouds is indeed rather tricky, as the cool full volume clouds are rather heavy and sensitive to bottlenecks, though i defintly want to give my methof of optimization a try, as it might make sense when i have all optimize factors in.

I am also close to producing a mobile demo for the grass system, since i have finished all billboard system integration and is now possible to have the least geometry available for access as well, which would be essential for older mobile case.

Ryuichi173 and recon0303 like this.
  49. recon0303

recon0303

cool, looking forward to trying it out. would be great to test an APK first, as I have around 10-15 useless assets that dont work for mobile ...and was a waste of money.. not saying yours as yours was one of few that worked. But still would be great to make sure its working for 2.0 and 3.0 Open GL.

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

The new system is based around SM3.0, so this would benefit mobiles with newest tech, but i can make it work for SM2.0 as well, using the same method i use for billboards with some extensions. I can also prepare a APK demo soon for SM3.0 and possibly SM2.0 soon after, as the hard part is integration to the manager than making it work in SM2.0 (as the method to get the terrain heights will be slightly different than the SM3.0 one)