Search Unity

Big Environment Pack [available]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jacal, Apr 25, 2012.

1. davidal_VK

davidal_VK

Hi, I am interested in purchasing this asset. but I have a question:
    The water remains transparent 3D unity free?.
    sorry for my terrible English, I'm Spanish and I'm using the google translator XD

2. Jacal

Jacal

@junkyardog: you're welcome. I'm glad you like it.
    @davidalacrack: No Problem at all, It's unity pro water in the scenes, it must be replaced with the standard, when using unity free.

3. Yippie

Yippie

It's beautiful, one of the best environment pack on the store, I bought it but some of the levels doesn't look like in the preview, I'm using Unity 3.5 pro cos of my project, do I have to set something or am I missing something? :eek:

4. Jacal

Jacal

@Yippie: Thanks man. The only different from the preview are the image-effects, I removed them to avoid errors in different Unity versions.
    I mainly used vignetting, sun shafts, bloom and contrast stretch.

5. sti4thewin

sti4thewin

Any chance of this going on sale?

6. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

It was on sale at 1/2 price within last week as Unity daily deal so doubt will be repeated. It is worth while following Unity on Twitter/Facebook with these daily deals as picked up a few assets I had my eye on or were reduced enough to re-consider and buy.

7. Rico21745

Rico21745

Is there any way the asset can be updated to include bumpmaps for the terrain textures?

8. Jacal

Jacal

Sure, it's already on my to-do list, the textures will be included in the next update.

9. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

If you're doing bumpmaps, any chance you can do (alpha channel) displacement maps too? Pretty please with sugar on top! :)

10. Jacal

Jacal

:) Sure, no problem, I can't give a exact release date when the update comes out, I'm starting it when I'm done with my current work.

11. im

im

hi again,

i recently purchased BEPv1 to use with U3D indie and I'm having the same couple issues that I reported about BEPv2 with BEPv1.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/16...-Vol-2/page5?p=1324551&viewfull=1#post1324551

1. the ocean water is not showing up at all. as a result the ice is floating in the air.

2. when i get close to the ground get solid dark shadows popup at you, but are not rendered just a few feed away until you move closer.

http://imgur.com/UUzTD2F,3Yi0r52,E0W5meE,p4dmjRI,bBPakTu

as with BEPv2 perhaps the above issues are due to my use of U3D indie, still it would be nice if U3D indie compatible ocean water were provided and something was done to eliminate/reduce shadow popups.

also, it would be very nice if the island scene were finished, as much of the island is left barren.

again, thanks in advance!

p.s.

i looked at the scene with the castle and it looks like the water plane is basic water, but no texture is set so its invisible!

i didn't check other scenes or bep2, but it could be similar issue.

also with shadows i guess its either prerendering them, having option to disable them, or being able to set a greater distance, not just the few feet, or having them always render.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  12. wawan

wawan

Hi...i was purchase BEP, i have a problem about Scale Character, while i add my char, (Tropic_Scene) my char is small than original scale, how to scale BEP? can i scale a scene?

13. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

I have an issue with the trees in this package:

$2013-10-06_1048_Issue.png

When i generate my terrain I used Perlin noise to vary the height of the trees. The image above is a tree that is not set to full height.

I am using Time Of Day, and its uses a projector to overlay clouds on the terrain. If this projector is set on, then I get this ghastly image effect, and if it is set off, then I don't.

I have not had this issue with any other trees, and the feedback i have been given is that its something to do with the shader.

Can you please fix, or advise on how I would fix. Thanks.

14. Jacal

Jacal

@wawan: Sorry for the late reply, I missed your question here: You can scale the terrain, group all scene objects scale them too and replace it.
    @AdamGoodrich: Have you tested it with other trees that are using the same shader ? I've never seen something like this before.
    You could send me an example project, so I could better help you in this case.

15. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Very nice asset.

How well does this pack perform on Mobile?

Cheers.

16. Rico21745

Rico21745

Hey Jacal,

Any update on the normal maps for terrain textures?

17. Jacal

Jacal

@rocki: Thanks man, the scenes are optimized for desktop but the assets itself would work without problems on mobile.
    @Rico21745: I'm currently focused on an other project, but the update will definitely come !

18. david55527

david55527

Purchased. Absolutely beautiful, this may be the best $30 I ever spend on the asset store.

19. Jacal

Jacal

@david55527: Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm glad you like it. :)

20. FabioM

FabioM

Dear Jacal

I´m interested in this pack now that it will be cheaper for some days. I was looking for an environment like this for my treasure hunt project for university but i still have a few doubts:

- You went through the walls of buildings. I don´t plan to use a character, just want the user to go through the scenery and pick up some objects until he finds the treasure chest. How can the user go up the stairs of buildings for example without going through the walls?
    - Also how can the user pick up an object while pressing a key? Is it that simple while going through the scenery withouth a character?

21. Jacal

Jacal

@FabioM: Thanks for your interest,
    >All assets comes with optimized colliders, when you add an collider to your camera you can't fly through walls and buildings anymore.
    >Picking up objects and other simple gameplay features can be achieved via scripting and it works in the BEP scenes like in any other scene with or without a character.

22. MadToLove

MadToLove

What is a good way to change the texture of the bark on the trees properly? Lets say i want to take one of the exsisting trees and modify the bark texture to better suit my scene, how do I do that?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  23. FabioM

FabioM

Jacal thanks for the explanation. Cheers

24. Jacal

Jacal

@MadToLove: You only have to replace the original bark texture with the modified one and update the tree who is sharing the materials with the other ones, to update the tree you only have to change one of the settings in the tree editor functions and all trees getting automatically updated with the new bark texture.
    @FabioM: You're welcome :)

25. NaumanH

NaumanH

Looks awesome.
    I am interested to buy but before that I wanna know is it optimizable for mobile?

26. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

there is lod models for each objects, you can use culling, and atlas the textures after reduce them from 256 to 512
    change the fod and few shaders then it could run on latest device, over iphone 4 for exemple

27. NaumanH

NaumanH

Thanks...
    buying soon...

28. FabioM

FabioM

Jacal my laptop has 3GB of useable RAM and my video card is a 9600M GT.

What are the minimum requirements for using this environment?

29. Jacal

Jacal

@changchun: Thanks for the explanation.
    @NaumanH: Thanks !
    @FabioM: I think your laptop can handle the pack, by reducing the terrain settings, tree distance, max mesh trees, detail distance, you can save a lot of performance.

30. Hynopsis

Hynopsis

I seem to be having some uv problems. I am dividing the uvs by 4 to use the lower left portion of a 4 X 4 texture atlas. As in, solidUvs.Add(terrainScript.prefabUvs1/4f); This works perfect with all other models. With these it does not, as you can see blender shows that the model trunk uvs are seriously stretched, and this is before I have done anything with them. If you are not familiar with blender, on the right is the uv window with the appropriate texture loaded. The grey lines are the models edges, verts, etc. The leaves have proper uvs, but the trunks are scaled to a crazy amount....

$BlenderPic1.jpg

Accordingly if I keep dividiing down the uv.y value to scale it down it works eventually but stretches the textures...do you know why this is? I can go into blender and rework all the uvs, but there has to be some other solution. I really like the package but without correct uvs I cant do much with them.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  31. shwa

shwa

"I'm currently focused on an other project" - Jacal

for the asset store?

:)

32. Jacal

Jacal

The trunk is tiled in the y axis of the texture, the unity tree creator bakes the textures and creates UV's from the both separate materials, Bark and leafs.

You should get different UV results by changing the Bark material y tiling.

33. Jacal

Jacal

yep :) I'm nearly done.

34. shwa

shwa

Curious to see what kind of rabbit holes you have been down.

Are you going to tease us with an image?

:)

- shwa

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  35. Hynopsis

Hynopsis

Thanks for the quick response i take a look i did figure out a pretty easy way to fix them in blender too

36. Jacal

Jacal

@Shwa: I'll post a video as soon as possible :)
    @Hypnosis: Sounds great, you're welcome.

37. shwa

shwa

Great.

Looking forward to seeing it.

38. FabioM

FabioM

I´ve downloaded a couple of models from the asset store but then when i put them in the environment (i´m using the village scene by the way) they appear without the materials?

The models just appear white. Any tip on this?

39. FabioM

FabioM

By the way, when i publish the project for the web, the .js files show lots of errors in the console which i then have to correct to be able to start Run mode inside Unity. Are all these errors normal?

These errors don´t seem to have anything to do with the project...is it a unity bug? It´s annoying correcting all those errors and being a novice on this i still can´t correct them all and need to delete the publishing files to be able to do something on the project again.

40. Jacal

Jacal

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  41. FabioM

FabioM

Jacal i have another question: The project is set for a Flythrough the scene but i would like to make the user be able to use the mouse buttons to make actions and the keyboard arrows to navigate through the scene.

Where can i change that in the Flythrough script? Or do i need a new script for that?

42. Jacal

Jacal

43. im

im

hi i just downloaded and imported the atest release and im getting like 180 of these exceptions

Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Mesh'. (Read n bytes but expected n+1 bytes)

so what is happening. its like all the meshes dont like something...

this is not the only assent now doing this as soon as you import and/or open project

its like started with latest unity or with some switch with how mesh is created.

44. Jacal

Jacal

45. magicDeveloper

magicDeveloper

Jacal, these environments are always a joy to play with, thank you. On my Mac running Unity 4.3.1 I get the ~180 mismatched serialization errors that were mentioned above when importing Big Environment Pack 1.5 into an otherwise empty project. Probably Unity's fault, but if there's anything you can do...

Also, what changed in the 1.5 update? Thanks again!

46. Jacal

Jacal

@magicDeveloper: Thanks man, I switched back to 4.2 until 4.3 is fixed, I don't know any better solutions at the moment,
    Here are the things I have changed:
    -Terrain textures comes now with specular and normal-maps in some cases also with displacement-maps.
    -Two new versions of the castle towers , now with entrances on both sides for better connection with the castle walls.
    -Some visual polishing on the Isle_01 scene for better presentation.

47. im

im

@jacal

happy holidays

please make more!

48. Jacal

Jacal

@im: Thanks ! I give my best :) Happy Hollidays and Happy New Year.

49. wawan

wawan

Hi Developer Big Envi...
    i was purchased, and i using one as my envi.
    but i have trouble about scale.
    all of my char was scaled in normal scaling like human height about 1.7-1.9 meters
    while add char to envi, my char look small and not proportioned with big envi.
    what can i do for scale envi as once?

50. goldencruz

goldencruz

has the environment been fix since 4.3 last time I used it had many buged due to the update please let me know if thing are back to normal