Search Unity

Best settings for mouse - Third Person Camera

Discussion in 'Input System' started by tylerw-savatronix, May 26, 2016.

1. tylerw-savatronix

tylerw-savatronix

Hi there,

I'm curious as to what the various mouse settings are and which ones would be best for a third person camera (we're currently using a tweaked version of the standard asset's third person camera from the 5.0 release).

I'm not entirely sure the difference between relative and absolute for the axis type, or the difference between position, delta, and locked delta (I'm assuming position are the pixel coordinates as seen on the screen, but am not positive on this).

If anyone knows, could they explain and also recommend a setup for the mouse horizontal and vertical inputs?

Thanks much!

biodam likes this.
  2. runevision

runevision

We're most likely going to remove this distinction. They are equivalent in the current prototype.

Position is the coordinates on the screen. Delta is the difference in coordinates since the previous value.
    Locked Delta is like Delta, but is only non-zero when the mouse cursor is locked. Normally for games where the mouse cursor control the camera, the mouse cursor is hidden while this is true. Once the mouse cursor is visible again (for navigating menus and such) you normally don't want it to still also control the camera. The Locked Delta lets you get this behaviour in a simple way. You need to lock and unlock the cursor yourself though.

3. tylerw-savatronix

tylerw-savatronix

Thanks much, that really clarifies things. Locked Delta is the way to go for us. Also great job so far with the new system.