Search Unity

Bawl Physics v2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GibTreaty, Mar 4, 2011.

1. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

Thanks for reminding me! When I get a chance, I'll upload a WebGL version.

2. maxaud

maxaud

Awesome, been wanting to pull the trigger on it but wanted to try it out first. Is there a ZIP I can download in the mean time?

3. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

I'll have to make a standalone build for it and upload it. I just tried making a WebGL build and it's so laggy!

4. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

maxaud likes this.
  5. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

I would love to figure out how to add the BAWL physics to my RealisticFPS kit.

So far I am able to 'see' the targets for the grapple by adding components to the FPS player that has a
    capsule collider and a ridgidbody attached. I can see the crosshairs for the grapple, but the line doesn't render
    for the swing ability.

I had it working perfectly with version 1.0 - It was the greatest thing I ever added to my FPS player.

Thanks if there is a merge that can be done to blend both BAWL Physics 2.0 and an FPS player.

GibTreaty likes this.
  6. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

When playing the game and grappling to a target, will you check if the Line Renderer component is actually enabling? If it enables and still doesn't show up either it's a shader issue or maybe the two ends of the line aren't moving.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  7. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

I may be adding the components wrong.

Not sure the proper way to add the abilities to the FPS player.

Still testing.

8. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

I'd have to see how you have it setup but on the ball prefab there is the Grapple component AND the BawlPhysicsEffects component which, among other things, spawns in the line renderer objects. It uses different events to create and destroy/disable the line renderers so I'd recommend looking at the UnityEvents on the Grapple component's inspector. Capture.PNG

Note that there's more UnityEvents that it uses below that spot too!

9. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

10. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Great looking asset! It makes me think of the Marble Blast games. :)

GibTreaty likes this.
  11. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

I hear that a lot! Surprisingly enough, I've never actually played any Marble Blast game.

12. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I played Ultra back in the Xbox 360 games; it's a fun fast-paced marble game where you, well, blast through stages. Quite exlierating! Here's a gameplay video:

GibTreaty likes this.
  13. WalterEspinar

WalterEspinar

Hi, this asset have a a camera like this video?, the camera rotate wic

GibTreaty likes this.
  14. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I wish I knew but I don't own this package.

15. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

The camera in Bawl Physics is essentially the Free Look Rig camera from Unity's Standard Assets package with slight modifications to allow for better mouse locking.

16. WalterEspinar

WalterEspinar

thanks for the answer, another query I made a build for android, but I can not move the sphere, will have to modify some input to work in mobile?

17. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

There's a very basic mobile script that you can use for that called BawlPhysicsMobileInput. It's in the Input folder at
    YounGen Tech\Bawl Physics\Scripts\Input

It only has controls for movement on mobile but lacks input for the other abilities which you would have to add yourself.

18. WalterEspinar

WalterEspinar

Ok, can give me a example of usage?

19. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

For example you can remove the BawlPhysicsInput component and add the BawlPhysicsMobileInput component instead (it shows up as Mobile Input in the inspector's component search). In the inspector you'll need to create an event in the On Input Updated area by clicking on the + at the bottom right of the Bawl Physics Mobile Input component. Then drag in either the game object or one of the components into the object field there. Click on the function dropdown, go to Roll and select StartAbility. It should show up like this...
    upload_2018-4-19_13-22-10.png

Just remember that this was only a basic example script for mobile tilt-based movement and not a full fledged mobile solution for jumping and using other abilities.

You can go to Window>Bawl Physics Help and go to the Abilities tab to check out how to invoke each ability. Then you can code your mobile buttons to do as you'd like. There's also a Joystick script. You can create a basic joystick setup through GameObject>UI>Joystick (add on your own sprites or use the one that comes with Bawl Physics. It's defaulted to being a blank white square).

20. WalterEspinar

WalterEspinar

Thank you!

GibTreaty likes this.
  21. everalan10

everalan10

Hi, How can I jump further in the standalone demo?
    I could only add more double jump times, but I would like to jump higher with more force in a single jump.
    Thanks.

22. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

Had to fix that! Apparently whenever you would change the Jump Speed in the in-game ability editor, it would modify the roll speed instead. Oops! Try out the updated standalone and you can change it properly now.

23. livium

livium

Hi. I got this error "Assets\YounGen Tech\Sample Assets\Cameras\Scripts\TargetFieldOfView.cs(60,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ParticleRenderer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

24. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

@livium Bawl Physics was designed for Unity 5.1 and it looks like they've removed the old particle system since then. Haven't gotten around to working on my unity assets lately since I've been working on a game.

But it looks like this is a simple fix. Just change line 60 in that script from
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (!((r is TrailRenderer) || (r is ParticleRenderer) || (r is ParticleSystemRenderer)))
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (!((r is TrailRenderer) || (r is ParticleSystemRenderer)))

25. BellokTV

BellokTV

Still no update, eh? lol.

26. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

Unfortunately, it's not likely that I'll have the time to update it in the near future. The game I mentioned that I was working on, well I'm still working on it when I can find the time. Also working on another game with some friends trying to build up money so I can work on game dev full time.