Search Unity

Basketball Shoot Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sparkline, Aug 20, 2015.

?

Do you think this game need to have realtime shadows?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Sparkline

Sparkline

Hi everyone! Currently I am working on basketball shooter game template for Asset Store.
    The asset is mobile platform targeted. Currently I wish to show you one of three game modes.

WEB DEMO

Screenshots:

Hope to finish and submit it soon.
    Please share your minds and wishes about features to add in asset.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  2. Licarell

Licarell

Lots of fun!

Would be fun with arcade game like one of those midway games, could you set it up for time limit?

3. Sparkline

Sparkline

Yes. Second mode is "Time Attack" with following logic.
    Timer starts for ex. with 30 sec and countdown during game. Balls will spawn with no delay, one throwed - next spawned. Each goaled ball will add 1 sec to timer, each clear goaled ball will add 3 seconds, each goaled ball that touched floor before will add 10 sec. Aim points num will be fixed. Something like that!

The third mode is "Distance King".
    First ball spawns near the basket and if you goal it next spawn point will move for 1 step (~1-2 meters) far away. So the distance will grow and grow. If you missed you will go back for 3 steps. Aim points num will be also fixed.

Also I'm thinking about free mode "Training" or "Freestyle".

4. Sparkline

Sparkline

Updated. Added "superball" feature.

5. Sparkline

Sparkline

Updated demo. Added "Time Attack" and "Distance King" modes.

6. Sparkline

Sparkline

Added random background color change every throw.

7. NaumanH

NaumanH

Hi,
    thanks for this great asset.
    I want to change camera view to Perspective but your script Shooter.cs doesn't works only with Orthographic. I had tried a little, ScreenToWorldPoint returns same values for both camera views. Can you give a hint or guide what is dependent on camera view?

Thanks, your little help will save my time.

8. NaumanH

NaumanH

Solved. Removed ScreenToWorldPoint, calculated ThrowForce using mouse positions only for Perspective camera projection.
    mouseStartPos = Input.mousePosition;
    ThrowForce = GetForceFrom(mouseStartPos,Input.mousePosition);

9. huxley

huxley

I have purchased this kit and I'm very impressed by the quality and customization options. I am having one issue with sound when I deploy to windows/PC, none of the sounds play.

I confirm that everything can be heard in the editor, it only goes silent when I try to play a PC build.

10. huxley

huxley

Looks like my problem arose from the OnCollision sound calls being organized by tag, instead of name. Very strange bug, but once I changed your code to check the names of collision objects I was able to get the sounds to play on PC builds. I think that I adjusted the timestep to shorter intervals, which may also have contributed to the issue.