Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Backend engine for the game like Clash of clans

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by LinuxFu, Jun 9, 2017.

1. LinuxFu

LinuxFu

Hello guys,

I'm new in Unity and want to ask for best back-end engine solution that can be used in game like Clash of clans(Real-Time Strategy(RTS) games). I have an idea of the game that a bit different from CoC client-side, but server is pretty much similar.
    So I need a Back-end solution with DB-base(probably PostgreSQL or MySQL) compatible, Nodes support for better scalability(to be able to have different nodes in different regions/countries for example), Dedicated server support (e.g. to simulate battle like in CoC), Both support cloud computing and Bare-metal server solutions(to be able to use my local server while developing and after release to Cloud computing for better scalability).

I did research and my perfect server would be:
    • DB support.
    • Nodes/MasterServer support.
    • Dedicated server support.
    • Server in cloud/Bare-metal server support (probably want to use Amazon EC2 as a cloud computing).
    • Good documentation :)

After surfing through forums and different topics I figured these backend solutions:

I guess these solutions are most common and popular if we are talking about Unity, they are similar in one and different in another so I complitaly confused.

Maybe someone has an idea what solution to choose and what backend suites the better for this type of Games.

Thanks!

2. GameSparks_Clare

GameSparks_Clare

Hi LinuxFu,

Sorry for the delay in getting to your post! GameSparks has the features and scalability for this kind of game.

To address your main issues:

-> Gamesparks uses the noSQL mongoDB as well as our own API to store data in runtime collection(changes a lot)or a meta collection (mostly static data)

-> About our Gamesparks servers:
    -- All our services run on public laas clouds
    -- Our runtime clusters were games are run can be deployed anywhere in the world.
    -- Runtime clusters auto scale depending on the requirements of the games running on it. For example 120,000 concurrently connected players with 6,000 requests per second has run great in load tests.

-> GameSparks features:
    -- GamesSparks provides custom event and cloud code that make running a server authoritative game easier
    -- We also provide lots of out of the box features, like match making, teams, chat , leaderboards social authentication and much more.
    -- We have a very inclusive challenge system that can be used but it real time is needed we also have Real-Time services and a full tutorial on Unity Real-Time.

If you can't find what you need in are docs you can also raise a ticket or forum post to ask are support team -> https://support.gamesparks.net/support/home

We're happy to help in any way we can!
    Clare