Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Mono Upgrade B9 now switch to 4.6 (but System.Numerics.Vectors not available)

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by Vagabond_, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

I just downloaded the mono upgrade version (b9) to test a project of mine... and i am able to switch to .Net 4.6 now! All seems to work just fine for now... no crashes or exceptions are seen...

Because the project i was testing is about ray casting against triangle meshes, i wanted to try the SIMD vectors from System.Numerics.Vectors assembly but i can't using it in a script... Is this going to be included in Unity?
    I actually can see the dll in: Engine_Folder\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\lib\mono\4.5 but can't include it!

2. joncham

joncham

Unity Technologies

Try referencing it in a response file. We only reference certain assemblies by default.

Create a file in the project: mcs.rsp

To that file, add the line:
    -r:System.Numerics.Vectors.dll

3. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Thanks for the fast feedback. It didn't worked!
    I tried to restart the editor as well and still no luck...

4. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Well after i've added the file to the project nothing happened until did a single change to a script and then this message showed up and the scripts are not able to compile now:

error CS0006: Metadata file `System.Numerics.Vectors.dll' could not be found

5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you post the full content of your .rsp file here?

6. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, i just created a new mcs.rsp file in the project and copied the line from joncham's post:

-r:System.Numerics.Vectors.dll

this was the only content in the file.
    NOTE: i did install the special version of VS tools as well in order to use Threading.Tasks library and i was able to use the Threading.Tasks but the rsp file didn't worked for Numerics.Vectors library!