Search Unity

Audio not working after SDK upgrade.

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by wojwen, Mar 10, 2017.

1. wojwen

wojwen

I have just upgraded Google VR SDK to the newest version and my audio doesn't work. Spatializer Plugin is set to GVR Audio Spatializer and Virtualize Effects is set to true in Audio settings. I have Gvr Audio Listner on player and Gvr Audio Source on sound sources. When there is no sound there is "inactive" written nex to the audio mixer and it disappears when I do something that should generate sound, although no sound can be heard. Did I forget about something, or maybe you know how can I fix it?

2. anokta

anokta

Hi,

The "Inactive" indicator is expected when there're are no sources playing. It basically tells you that the mixer has suspended to save CPU time when there's nothing to process.

Regarding no audio, seems like the renderer plug-in works fine (since it becomes activated back). Overall, I suspect in case there's something went wrong, while updating the SDK in the existing project.

Could you try closing Unity Editor and removing all the GVR SDK related folders (from your file explorer) from the project assets? Then, open Unity Editor again to re-import the SDK.

An alternative way to verify that could be to create a new project and import the SDK as usual to see if the problem persists.

wojwen likes this.
  3. wojwen

wojwen

I created new project and its the same problem. Normal audio sources work perfectly. I'm using Unity Daydream Preview 5.4.2f2-GVR13 (64-bit), can this cause some issues? Also do you think that I might have missed some step in audio setup?

4. anokta

anokta

GVR13 build should not be a problem, in fact, should be ideal. :) Just to make double sure, did you select GVR Audio Spatializer as the Spatializer Plugin in Edit -> Project Settings -> Audio?

One other thing you can check is to see whether the GvrDemo scene (in GoogleVR -> Demos) works for you or not. When you play the scene, you should be hearing a spatialized sound emitted from the Cube.

5. wojwen

wojwen

Figured out what the problem was. Before SDK update Min Distance property of Volume Rolloff was set to 0 and its set to 1 by default in the new SDK. After changing this value to 1 on all my Audio Sources everything works again. It would be nice if somebody form Unity could report this bug.