Search Unity

Aubergines PostPRocess Effects Released in Assetstore

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ikelaiah

ikelaiah

Hi Aubergines,

Done. I am displaying depth texture on my camera now. it looks great. Now, I just need to find a way to inverse the colour. Currently, far is white, and close is black. I'd like to have close is white and far is black. Thanks for your pointers! very helpful.
    -ikel

2. aubergine

aubergine

Dear ikelaiah, you understand that your question is not relevant with this forum post right? You should ask such questions in Shadarlab forum where you can get help instantly.

Anyways, just return your color as (1.0 - depth) if you want to invert colors.

3. Snowblack

Snowblack

ikelaiah and aubergine, please, I am film director and I'm using Unity solely as rendering platform so I don't know nothing about scripting - can you explain me in few steps how to get depth pass? I must just attach some script on camera?
    Thank you.
    (sorry, aubergine, I know this isn't a subject here, but you two are so smart apparently so I had to ask. And BTW, I'm using all your stuff, I can't imagine working in Unity without them anymore) :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  4. ikelaiah

ikelaiah

Snowblack,

unfortunately, this is not an appropriate forum to ask such question. PM me and I will try to help you out.

-ikel

5. aubergine

aubergine

Read 3 posts above, use camera.depthTextureMode = DepthTextureMode.Depth; in any of your camera scripts and then you can get the rendered texture in your shader with _CameraDepthTexture variable.

If you are already a customer, you can always reach me from my email (Supplied in readme files of any of my assets) for any kind of help.

6. Snowblack

Snowblack

All right, aubergine. Thank you for trying to help me.

7. aubergine

aubergine

I have rewritten some shaders from scratch to gain some speed and i ended up rewriting the whole thing.
    I will submit this update next week. So, if you old customers want to keep a copy of the old shaders i suggest you do it now.

8. aubergine

aubergine

This is the new godrays shader which is fully animated. I really like this one and wanted to share here.

Attached Files:

9. aubergine

aubergine

This is the new sincity effect, added more control on which color to change and into what color. Also desaturation is adjustable now to high amounts to give pencil drawn effect.

Ive also put another variation which doesnt desaturate but only changes the selected color.

Attached Files:

• $1.jpg
      $1.jpg
      File size:
      36.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  10. aubergine

aubergine

another photo of the new sincity effect.

Attached Files:

• $2.jpg
      $2.jpg
      File size:
      76.4 KB
      Views:
  11. Zyxil

Zyxil

Very cool. Looking forward to the update.

12. aubergine

aubergine

Finished the shaders, just polishing around the scripts now. I should submit in 1-2 days.

13. toto2003

toto2003

your work is amazing aubergine, and you really disserve to sell way more of your asset, i ll defenitly spend 100 dollars for it, when i could, but i m pretty sure you ll be able to sell way more if the price range was more 40-60 dollars.so more unity dev can use it in a larger range

14. aubergine

aubergine

Thank you for kind words.
    About pricing, im offering high quality shaders which are used in many commercial games. And im supporting this product for more than 2 years now and still updating when necessary. Not only with bug fixes but also adding brand new shaders.
    Some folks sell only 1 image effect for 30-40$ in the store while im offering 60+ effects here all in one very tidy pack. If i would sell these individually for 10$, basically this whole packs price should be around 500-600$ :p
    Anyways im happy with the sales, professional people buy it and actually use it. Hence the lack of comments, i havent left much space to complain here about the pack. And when looking at those crowded product forums, most comments are about complains for bugs and/or how to use the pack.
    Im glad thats not the case for me.

Sooo, i believe the price is very fair and actually a bargain considering the effort and time i put into this.

15. aubergine

aubergine

Just submitted the new 3.0 update, it may take a while until its reviewed.
    Meanwhile, for old customers, as all shaders changed, now is a good time if you want to backup the old shaders.

EDIT: Slightly increased the price to 175$ as i have put alot of effort and time on this update, i think its fair.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  16. angel_m

angel_m

I have some questions:

Are all the effects compatible with shader model 2.0?
    Do all of them use render texture feature?
    Is possible you could make a Depth of field effect compatible with shader model 2.0?

Thanks in advance.

17. aubergine

aubergine

*Except 2 shaders (lightshafts and godrays) they are all 2.0, although you can drop the sample count of these 2 shaders to make them 2.0 compatible, in crowded scenes that doesnt drop quality at all.

*There is no other way to do image effects without render textures.

*Maybe in the next update, i just finished this one and i need to work on other stuff right now.

18. aubergine

aubergine

New update is accepted and is now live in the store.

19. aubergine

aubergine

If anyone is havin problem with shaders not being loaded during gameplay, this is not a bug.

What you must do is;
    *add the effect(s) you want to your camera in your initial scene, cook them up and disable them for further usage.
    *Or, you must move the shaders to your Resources folder if you load them during gameplay in other scenes.

20. aubergine

aubergine

This package will be on the 24 HOUR DAILY DEALS on November 01, 2013 with 50% off price.
    Just so you know.

21. aubergine

aubergine

Reminder that this pack will be on daily deals on november 01.

22. reefwirrax

reefwirrax

23. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Hi, I did a quick browse through the thread looking for information about how many effects from the pack will work on iOS,
    Has anyone tried this pack on iPhone/iPad?

Looks like a great pack, I will buy it anyway for MAC/PC
    Thanks

24. aubergine

aubergine

The pack is on 24 hour deals now with half the price.
    Such a discount only happens once!

all of them should work, some may work slow but i am optimising and supporting this package since 2 years and i could say all shaders are in top shape now.

Good one, i will add it to the pack in the next update. There is already somethin smiliar, so just needs to be edited.

25. aubergine

aubergine

Thanks to all those who bought the package, remember you can always ask for Customization through the email provided in the readme file.

To all those who just cant decide to buy it yet, remember that this kind of discount only happens once.

26. shwa

shwa

Hi,
    Bought Aubergines a while back.
    Is it possible to render a scene in black and white, but isolate a few objects to remain in colour?

If not, can this make it to a future feature?

thanks,

shwa

27. aubergine

aubergine

Its possible but not as simple as a post process shader unless your "few objects" are some simple spherical shapes and have some distinctive color difference with the rest of the scene.
    It is slightly more complex and involves some custom rendering like my Glow Per Object package if your objects are complex.
    I will consider putting it on the assetstore as a seperate item or a part of glow per object or just add it to this pack.
    Let me work on it.

28. shwa

shwa

Thanks for the quick response and openess to providing a solution for this.
    I think it'll be a very cool effect.

Personally, i'd prefer to see it added to your PostProcess effects package, since this is the one i bought.

Please pm me, or post any info about the progress on this, to this thread, since this is the one i check.
    If you want a beta tester on this, i'm available.

Related ideas are:

a. Being able to reduce the colour saturation of the whole scene, to almost black and white,
    but then have 1 or more objects in full colour.

b. Change the look of the whole scene, but have some objects remain unchanged.

29. aubergine

aubergine

Shader is finished, ive decided to add it to this post process effects pack for the next update.

30. shwa

shwa

Awesome!

Looking forward to checking it out.

* Any idea when you will upload the next update?

tx

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  31. shwa

shwa

32. aubergine

aubergine

How is the package working out for you shwa?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  33. code-blep

code-blep

Great news! Thanks Aubergine!

34. aubergine

aubergine

Hello Folks;

I am submitting the update this weekend. Here are the update notes:

v.3.1 FINAL
    Added Radial Undistortion shader to be used in AR gadgets.
    Folder structure changed to be compatible with my other products.
    Small optimisations on various shaders.

This is the final update and i will not add anymore shaders but i will keep on maintenance updates and bug fixes (if any)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  35. aubergine

aubergine

Just submitted the new update; it should be online in a couple of days.

36. aubergine

aubergine

The final update is live on the store now, remove the previous package from your project(s) before updating to this new one as the folder structure has changed.

37. MalboM

MalboM

This asset is incredible, is there available a Updated demo version to try the new shaders?
    Thanks

38. aubergine

aubergine

Sorry no webdemo anymore. The screen captured images should give you an idea.

39. aubergine

aubergine

This pack is on 24 hour deals right now! Grab it for 50% off.
    GO TO STORE

40. aubergine

aubergine

Just reminding 12 hours left for the 24 hour deal :)

41. Dantas

Dantas

Can you explain what this effect does?

42. aubergine

aubergine

Makes the reds in your scene more obvious and others black and white. Sort of sincity movie effect.

43. aubergine

aubergine

Just submitted a new update, this minor update changes the folder structure to make the package compatible with my other assets.
    Also the price is fixed to 100$

44. hammaadjam

hammaadjam

Effects only work in the editor but when build they do not work at all,sees as they were never applied. KINDLY tell the solution

45. aubergine

aubergine

As i explained in the e-mail, you need to move the package folder into "Resources" folder. Or just wait for the above update to be online, it fixes this issue.

46. aubergine

aubergine

25% Off for a short period, grab the package for 75$ instead of 100$ until the end of June.

47. aubergine

aubergine

For occulus rift users:
    Most image effects can be directly applied to OVRCameraController and it wont matter if it applies to the whole screen or not.
    However, if its a fancy effect such as globalFog, godrays, image undistortion...etc (meaning if it needs to alter/work the screen quad uv coordinates, here is a solution specific for my shaders:

In any of the effect script find the line: Graphics.Blit (source, destination, material);
    And change it to: Graphics.Blit (camera.targetTexture, destination, material);
    Then add the script to both your left and right cameras UNDER the occulus scripts.

This is necessary as the current sdk clears the buffer before you can work on it. This may leave some artifacts though im not sure my test machine is a slow and ancient one and cant keep up with the latency.

Note: Also this changes how some things work, forexample in RadialUndistortion the variables are:
    F is in between 0 - 1
    CenterXY is the local center of each of your cameras according to the screen.
    K1, K2 you have to mess around individually for each camera to find the correct value.

EDIT: This is obsolete now, see below post.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  48. aubergine

aubergine

Appearently we tested on an older sdk, the new version works without problems and no need for the above changes anyways.

49. aubergine

aubergine

Just reminding that 75$ price is valid until the end of this month. Then it will rise up to 100$ again.

50. imtrobin

imtrobin

I'm trying to use the shader in multiple camera render textures, it does not seems to update. Any special setup needed to work with rendertexture?