Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Aubergines PostPRocess Effects Released in Assetstore

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Jun 23, 2011.

1. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi all,

I just wanted to chime in about mobile usage: this works in iOS, obviously you have to consider the CPU hit before to add up various shaders. The scripts can be optimized to reduce the hit. I tested a few different combinations and they behaved mostly as I expected.

2. aubergine

aubergine

Oh, thats good news actually. thanks for clarification :)

3. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

@Aubergine: yep ;) I'm using your package in two titles that are going to be published on all supported Unity platforms, so I'll be able soon to give a more comprehensive feedback (iPhone, iPad and a few Android devices), anyway it looks good, thank you for your work ;)

4. Mishaps

Mishaps

Thanks for the info PinoEire.

@Aubergine I'd still buy a iOS image-effects pack if you made one. I'd happily spend $50 or whatever to save on all the time optimizing etc myself.

5. aubergine

aubergine

I would like to see what you come up with and i wish you best of luck :)

I was going to make a pack for Android, as iOS is way too expensive for me at the moment.
    But while we just found out that this pack already works with iOS, why dont i just make optimisations on this one? I think its better for previous customers as well.

EDIT: Eh, i though Android was cheaper but it is also 1500$ extra for the pro licence. Atleast it doesnt require a new mac and iphone though. Still i will stick with the current pack and just optimize it for flash and mobile as we already know it works on.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. aubergine

aubergine

Hello people,
    Here is 1 new effect(3 actually with variations) of Toon Shadows. The photo shows the effect without blur, so the shadow may seem rough.
    Blurred version wont work on mobile, but hard shadows are mobile friendly.
    This will be in the next update.

NOTE: This effect is best used on flat and simple shaded objects with minimum lighting in the scene, because the shader does lighting itself. Thus makes it more mobile friendly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  7. aubergine

aubergine

Hello people,

The above toon shadow shader has some inconsistency between different graphic cards and i dont think i will be able to solve this issue.
    So, i will not put this effect in this pack.
    But if you really need it and if you already own the package, you can contact me with your invoice number and i will send you the shader.

8. Zyxil

Zyxil

I received a number of shader compiler warnings when downloading the latest from the Asset store.

Did the upgrade to Unity 3.5 break anything?

9. 3dDude

3dDude

So cool. Wish I had Unity pro..

10. aubergine

aubergine

Oh, those are warnings for flash builds. You can ignore them if you are not building for Flash. Or if you really want to get rid of the warnings, you can put the below pragma command to every shader you use by hand:
    #pragma exclude_renderers flash

Infact, in order to drop your applications size even a few bytes or kilobytes, you should exclude every other renderer which you are not targeting for by hand with the above pragma command.

11. aubergine

aubergine

After a long time, i decided to add these effects also in the next update:

Hatching

LineArt (line Colors/Thickness' are adjustable)

4Bits (WebColors, you can set color depth of your scene)

ToonShadows (As seen in 2 posts above also)

Circles

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  12. aubergine

aubergine

Charcoal

Contours

Brush

Dither

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  13. aubergine

aubergine

Fake SSAO:

I have revised this effect and this time got it working nicely. It is still not good and doesnt do exactly same as Unity provided solution.
    But its 3 times faster (only one pass) and suitable for mobile usage (doesnt require depth maps).
    It even works on Flash :p

This will be in the next update as well. (Sorry its took long time to update this time, im working on several new shaders and real life job is taking too much time lately)
    Expect the next update soon.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  14. aubergine

aubergine

Just submitted the 2.5 update to the store.

7 new shaders added to the pack. And its a total of 60 awesome image effects now.

15. Wild-Factor

Wild-Factor

the price is 50 or 100$ ?

16. SevenBits

SevenBits

That's wicked cool.

17. aubergine

aubergine

The price is 100$ for the effort ive put into this pack and for the quality and amount of the effects.
    Maintaining and updating it since 1 year now.

18. aubergine

aubergine

Thank you. Ive already updated the pack with the mentioned shaders. Its live in the store now.

19. Wild-Factor

Wild-Factor

So change the price shown in the first post...

20. aubergine

aubergine

thanks for reminding, i edited the first post.

21. aubergine

aubergine

Hello people,

This pack is now 35% off for a limited time offer. Old price was 100$ and currently is 65$ on the store.

Grab it while you can.

22. aubergine

aubergine

Some of the effects from this package was used in the making of the Official Predators game by FOX and Angry Mob Games.

Oh I am so proud :)

23. aubergine

aubergine

Another update after a long time.
    The pack now includes Animated Height Fog image effect which is a variation of Unity provided heightfog with additional animated noise volumes. And works with SM2.0

I am also planning to add 3-4 more new shaders in an upcoming update which will be the last.

This update also brings a price increase, so if you still didnt buy it, now is a good time before the submission is approved and that usually takes a short time.

Unity 4 users, the core shaders and scripts work as is. But some demo scripts(if any) may give 1 or 2 obsolete warnings which you may correct yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  24. CazicThule

CazicThule

These effects are really cool. Any plans to make mobile compatible versions?

25. aubergine

aubergine

They already are mobile(Gles 2.0) compatible except 3 or 4 heavy shaders which require depth image and/or shader model 3.0

26. sekse

sekse

Hi, I'm very interested in checking the latest version out and most likely buying it in the very near future, but the web player link isn't working, it just takes me to a screen where I can download a .unity3D file that won't open in Unity.

27. aubergine

aubergine

Oh, thank you for bringing it to my attention. I updated Drupal, and it messed up with Unity module. I shall fix it shortly.

28. aubergine

aubergine

Okay, webplayers are fixed, up and running again.

29. sekse

sekse

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! But it appears the webplayer may be running the old version because it has the same effects as before, not really seeing too much new stuff. Also, is it still possible to get the toon shader after purchasing? This is the main one I am curious about because I am making a 3D anime game and would like to add a "cartoon rendering" option to it, and going through and changing every material shader just seems so inefficient.

30. aubergine

aubergine

Yeah, i didnt add the new effects to this demo. Although i did some seperate demos for some individual shaders.
    Demo is just to show what some of the effects basically do with my limited artistic skills anyways.

If you are talking about the toon shadows, i sold it for a custom project sometime ago but sure i can still add it to this pack as well.
    It does basic toony colors, and as the name implies it does shadows according to an artificial light source(just a vector3).

I will add it to next update.

31. sekse

sekse

Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for the next update and will most likely buy a copy sometime around mid April if it's out by then. Awesome work, keep it up!

32. code-blep

code-blep

Hi Aubergine,

Really enjoying this asset. One question I suffer extreme slowdown when initialising the PP_Night Vision V2 / PP_Noise / PP_Scanlines as a group.
    It only happens when playing in fullscreen and the first time it is used. The second time I call the effect group all is fine. If the build is running as a window, or even when played inside Unity it is fine first time and every time.

Any ideas?

33. aubergine

aubergine

Yeah, its always a good idea to cook shaders in your loading screen before the actual game loop. so you wont have such slowdowns.
    Start with all shaders running in a loading screen and turn them off in the beginning of your game loop, then you can turn them on and off as you please.

By the way, night vision v2 already has noise itself why would you need the second noise shader?

34. code-blep

code-blep

Bang on Aubergine! All working great now. Thanks for the quick response also.

35. aubergine

aubergine

No problem, hope everything works out for you.
    Care to drop some feedback on the assetstore?

36. code-blep

code-blep

Feedback left on the store Aubergine! I do tend to review what I buy but I guess I was having to much fun with PostProcessl FX ;)

37. themars2011

themars2011

How can i acces the Shaders via script?
    var dc :pP_Dream_Color;
    doesnt work :/
    and without PP it doesnt work too :/

38. aubergine

aubergine

I am not sure if i understand you.
    Scripts are already provided there, if you want Dream Color effect to be active, you just add PP_DreamColor.cs script to your camera and thats it, it will automatically add the effect.

39. themars2011

themars2011

I have this Script for enabling image effects if my hp is lower than 30, but the same doesnt works with your image effects :/
    Code (csharp):
    2.     if (hitPoints < 30){
    3.         var cmb : CameraMotionBlur = mainCamera.GetComponent(CameraMotionBlur);
    4.         cmb.enabled = true;
    5.         var bloom : Bloom = mainCamera.GetComponent(Bloom);
    6.         bloom.enabled = true;
    7.         var nag : NoiseAndGrain = mainCamera.GetComponent(NoiseAndGrain);
    8.         nag.enabled = true;;
    9.     }

40. aubergine

aubergine

I see.
    If you want to use Javascript, you must move the Package folder into one of the following:
    "Standard Assets", "Pro Standard Assets" or "Plugins"

If you were to use c#, no problem you can leave it as is.

41. themars2011

themars2011

Thanks, i'll try it now :)

Now it works, awesome work aubergine ;) !

What i made with your awesome work:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  42. aubergine

aubergine

That video is very cool, you finished all the mechanics of a fps game. All you need are some good levels now i guess.
    Couple suggestions;
    For the zombie damage, you can also use SinCity effect when the health is very low.
    You can use nightvision or thermalvision or both on the sniper(or any other weapon of choice) depending on levels intensity.

Hope you make a nice game out of this one:)

43. aubergine

aubergine

This pack is now on the assetstore for 2 years and have been sold more than 200-250 copies.

Soo, i will update it once more with 3-4 new shaders including glare and lens flare variations(like in killzone and battlefield games).
    Im also open to suggestions if you have any.

44. aubergine

aubergine

I will update this pack and release it with Unity 4.1.5 in a week or so, and it probably wont be compatible with Unity 3.x anymore.

So, whoever already bought this pack might want to make a backup to be used with Unity 3.x.

45. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

it's look awesome. but can you tell me it work with ios or android.

46. aubergine

aubergine

It is awesome, and they work with ios and android except 3 shaders which require depth texture.

47. ikelaiah

ikelaiah

Can I use you package to generate kinect/primesense like depth effect?

48. aubergine

aubergine

I know nothing about kinect/primesense, but i believe it is already created by kinect device using some lasers. So, how do you plan to use this?

49. ikelaiah

ikelaiah

Hi,

I don't want to use real kinect to get the depth stream, but I'd like to simulate depth stream effect (of kinect) in Unity by using your post processing fx. Is this possible?

Thanks.

50. aubergine

aubergine

You dont have to do anything special for it, unity renders depth image automatically upon request.

Read Shader refference documents, camera depth texture document and using depth texture documents.

You basically do
    this in a script attached to your camera and then you can use the render texture in your shaders as you please.