Search Unity

AssetBundle Graph Tool 1.1 Release

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by hiroki-unity, Jan 12, 2017.

1. hiroki-unity

hiroki-unity

AssetBundle Graph Tool 1.1 is now ready to use. Thank you all for a lot of feedbacks.

If you are not familiar with AssetBundle Graph Tool, you can check out our initial release thread, or read our blogpost.

DOWNLOAD
    • You can clone from our project website (BitBucket) or grab unitypackage. (1.1r2) There are links to quickstart guide and FAQ on the later part of this post.
    WARNING:
    PLEASE ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP of your project before testing this tool.

Which version of Unity does this tool support?

The tool supports Unity 5.4.1f1 and above, including Unity 5.6b3.

What have changed?
    We focused on tool's performance in 1.1 before getting into implementing many requested features. You can read full release note here with images.

Overall Tool Improvements:
    • Big performance improvement. You can now use Graph Tool with large projects with tens of thousands of assets.
    • Improved performance when graph has a lot of nodes.
    • Added support for Unity 5.5.0f3 and 5.6b3
    • Graph is now easy to read with Pro Skin.
    • Added TextAsset support.
    • Custom script errors are now displayed on graph just like other issues.
    • Added highlight action when generating custom file from menu to easy find what was just created.
    Loader:
    • Added “Select in Project Window” button on Loader.
    Filter:
    • Connection label now display FilterByType condition.
    • Fixed: Filter passed the same asset multiple times from the same node.
    ImportSetting:
    • ImportSetting now induces prefab/assetbundle rebuilding when configuration is modified.
    • ImportSetting now copies and uses very small template asset to save import setting rather than copying first incoming asset to reduce disk usage.
    PrefabBuilder/Modifier:
    • PrefabBuilder now avoids prefab generation when there is no update on source assets.
    • Added Edit button to open custom script on PrefabBuilder and Modifier to make script easy to edit.
    • Added Prefab Replace Option to PrefabBuilder configuration.
    • Added Threshold and Version to PrefabBuilder. They are useful for following situations:
      • Threshold prevents unexpected massive asset loading to PrefabBuilder which makes Unity very slow. Default threshold is set to 10.
      • Version allows you to force rebuild selected prefabs when your custom script changes and needs rebuilding.
    Other Changes:
    • Postprocess interface improved. With new interface it is much easier to work with when you wish to know which AssetBundle is being built and where they were exported.
    • AssetBundle Graph data is now saved with Unity asset rather than JSON format. When you first open project with v1.1, Graph Tool reads existing JSON configuration and automatically migrates to new format.
    • Added CustomScriptUtility to help custom script developer store formatted strings which interfere based serialization format.

What happens next?
    You can see ABGT 1.2 feature plan from our Trello.

Resources
    Quick Start Guide
    Example Projects
    • AssetBundleManager integration example (Repository)
    Issue Tracker
    Please tell us if you found bugs/issues here.
    Development Milestone
    Here is our development milestone in Trello.
    Also, if you have questions, thoughts and feedback please reply this thread to post.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. samnarain

samnarain

Stormy102 likes this.
  3. Stormy102

Stormy102

@hiroki-unity, @samnarain and myself have been hard at work on 1.2, with new features like preferences, multi-graph support, the ability to create your own nodes and more! It's proving stable so expect the release shortly!

samnarain likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I cannot access the repository. Did you close it for some reason?
    Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 6.57.38 PM.png

5. hiroki-unity

hiroki-unity

6. M_R

M_R

7. flashframe

flashframe

@hiroki-unity

Great job on the tool!

Is it possible to specify a group of files manually, rather than loading from a directory or a filter? I want to use the Asset Graph to help me build bundles and identify / extract shared dependencies, but I want to start by feeding it a list of files manually.

Do I need to write a custom node to do this?

Thanks!

8. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hi @hiroki-unity thank you very much for this great tool! I've been using it extensively and I'm wondering what is its current state of development and roadmap? There hasn't been much activity since August and this left me thinking if it is still in Unity's roadmap to finish this and go to the Unity packages?

KristianHJ likes this.
  9. Ruchir

Ruchir

Is this tool still supported today or some other workflow/tool is available in its place?

10. JoNax97

JoNax97

The recommended workflow nowadays would be the Addressable Assets system

11. Ruchir

Ruchir

What about the automated asset workflows though?

12. OndrejP

OndrejP

Addressable Assets try to solve problems, which I don't have, while doing poor job at solving my actual problem.

I've end up using ScriptableBuildPipeline package, which is great! Assets are managed and split into bundles by my script. The script implements SBP Build task, obtains assets from project by some rules, splits them into bundles, moves dependencies into other bundles (based on rules). Everything is fully automated.