Search Unity

Asset Store not loading MacOS

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tilipatov, Oct 17, 2016.

1. tilipatov

tilipatov

I'm sorry, but I know little English. I had to use Google Translate.
    I have trouble with AssetStore. I made a screenshot.
    I tried to open AssetStore but I saw only grey screen.

Screenshot at окт. 18 01-38-39.png

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

right click asset store tab and reload

BoeBizlack likes this.
  3. tilipatov

tilipatov

right click asset store tab and reload
    i did it
    but this didn't help me
    I see that Store have half-load, because under the mouse cursor (when I drive it) sometimes I can see the link. Screenshot at окт. 18 20-11-19.png

4. Smokas

Smokas

I have the same. Seems it is related to last Sierra update 10.12.1

5. williamian

williamian

Very probable. If you have not figured it out, you can open it in editor, but it cannot be docked, then, works fine.
    Until they update with a Fix, I hope.

6. Smokas

Smokas

Tried now - yes, undocked window works. Docked - no.

Thanks for tip!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    lukepoulton and mwright like this.
  7. williamian

williamian

Yep.

8. Kronnect

Kronnect

Here's the issue. Yes, the workaround requires you to undock the page:

9. DeepShader

DeepShader

Thx!!!! Hopefully it's fixed soon :)

10. achimeno

achimeno

11. crossmedia411

crossmedia411

Un-dock worked for me. Hopefully there's an update soon!

12. polytx

polytx

Un-dock worked for me. Thanks for the workaround.

13. Apoll0

Apoll0

Undocking didn't solve the problem

Attached Files:

14. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

I have pinged the AS team as I see there are several bug reports for this issue (thanks for sending those in!)

syscrusher likes this.
  15. LionFische

LionFische

Yeah, works here for me when I undock it. Re-dock and it goes blank. Upgraded to Mac Sierra also.
    Thanks for the help.

2h.

16. Altohombre

Altohombre

Thanks!

17. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I haven't updated to Sierra. However I do see the problem on 5.5 beta, though not on the latest 4.x. Undocking and right click and reloading worked.

18. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

It's a regression found in 5.5 beta as well, the AS team are now looking into this for all versions.

19. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Sticky-ing this thread until resolved.

syscrusher, Kronnect and GregMeach like this.
  20. prasds

prasds

Thank you very much. This worked

21. GregMeach

GregMeach

Oh for the love of pete - would never have thought of un-docking - store loads on my 10.12.1 iMac.

Thanks

22. PaulOllivier

PaulOllivier

Same problem here. Undocking the window tip worked. Hope we get a fix soon!!!

23. PaulOllivier

PaulOllivier

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but how did this enormous glitch even go into prod? Do you guys at Unity have a test team? I'm at a learning stage and couldn't use the store for months which was very disabling.

Didn't think of undocking the tab though. /headslap

24. Kronnect

Kronnect

This issue has to do with a Sierra update. Which Unity versions are getting a fix?

25. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

This problem related to Sierra update. And it affect the old version Unity too. Don't know it is bug of mac OS or unity. it not fair to blame with the test team.

Kronnect likes this.
  26. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

It's fixed in 5.6

syscrusher likes this.
  27. Kronnect

Kronnect

Thanks @SaraCecilla. Problem is many users can't simply upgrade amid a project to a future version which is not even in beta. Is there any chance to release a patch for major released versions that address this bug?

Galaxy_Surfer and dobrygnom like this.
  28. Galaxy_Surfer

Galaxy_Surfer

Thanks to the ones who figured out the temporary solution of undocking! It worked for me.
    Like @Thrawn75 says a patch would be nice!

29. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Totally understand. The PR that fixes it was in 5.5, it's being forward-ported to 5.6 which is currently under review. I checked out the PR and it is also planned to be back-ported to 5.4 (and possibly 5.3), just don't have a time estimate on when at this moment.

syscrusher likes this.
  30. adriantoine

adriantoine

I've tried 5.5.0b11 and the bug was still there :( Is there a beta version we can get where this bug is fixed?

31. adriantoine

adriantoine

Ok I didn't see the undocking trick, works for me too, thanks!

32. Codemonger

Codemonger

Undocking works for me as well. Thanks!

33. ztougas

ztougas

I found the issue and immediately logged a support ticket, and I got a response from the development team on how to fix it after they verified (by undocking). Sometimes I think it is best to let someone know rather than accepting the bug and not doing anything about it. Kudos to the dev team for a quick turnaround!

34. BillO

BillO

Undocking the Asset Store tab seems to be the temporary solution. The same problem occurs with the Services tab. Time for a little bailing wire and bubble gum!

35. Anhvuive

Anhvuive

Undock and it work!

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

37. syscrusher

syscrusher

Thanks for the warning about Services tab. P.S. It's "baling" wire, as in "for a hay bale." :) And the darned stuff cuts hell out of your fingers if you lift a bale without wearing gloves.

38. rd3_developer

rd3_developer

Thanks so much for this video!
    Everybody talks abou "unlock" de tab, but unloack is not detach tab to make it flow ;)
    This video explain everything!

Kronnect likes this.
  39. Mighto360

Mighto360

Yes. I have a Mac too and you have to undock that as a new window or that will happen. It took me a while to figure this out too! :)

40. syscrusher

syscrusher

The asset store window is working for me in 5.5.0 (released, no patches) on OSX Sierra. YMMV.

41. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Confirming fixed in 5.5.0 too.

42. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Mac Users do you see this as well ? Outline not working

43. syscrusher

syscrusher

It's working for me on a Retina MBP, OSX Sierra, in 5.5.0f3 and in 5.6.0b1. Attached screen shot is from 5.5.0f3.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 08.56.39 .png

I'm running Apple's stock video driver at the moment because I was having issues with the Nvidia "web driver". Which driver are you running?

44. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Ah ! Ok I'm using the nvidia web driver; that's maybe why ! Thanks for confirming !

syscrusher likes this.
  45. syscrusher

syscrusher

I would actually be a little surprised if the video driver was influencing something this far up the stack, but it's possible so I thought I'd mention it. Depends on how Unity does the outlining render (shader?).

The Nvidia web driver had been working magnificently for me until I {ahem} "upgraded" to Sierra, which brought new features I don't use but broke things I do use. The Nvidia driver (latest version) started crashing OSX under Sierra. I'll re-enable it when Nvidia releases the next version, in hopes that they fix the Sierra issue. Point being, though, I was not having Unity issues with the driver, just general instability of the system under Sierra.

Hope this helps, and doesn't just add confusion. My intent was to share my data points, but how you interpret (or ignore) is your call. :)

46. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Are you sure it's due to Sierra ? I Actually had more problems Unity/El Capitan lol
    I'm switching soon to the new MBP 15" with AMD 460, I "hope" it's solved there, for now it's just frustrating having to drag select in ProBuilder ... rather than that ... who gives a f... about the outline shader ? I came to this because of ProBuilder not being able to select faces. I read somewhere in the forums that the upgrade to 5.5.0 screwed some shaders too, that could be related to that ... Anyway ... Unity ... Why are you Unity ... :confused:

47. syscrusher

syscrusher

I am pretesting 5.5.0f3 with a copy of my latest project, and I'm very glad of that word "copy" here. So far 5.5.0 is causing me a lot of issues. It's a large and complex scene for architectural rendering with a terrain outside. In 5.4, the editor was nice and snappy in scene view, though slow in play mode in editor. I was getting an acceptable 30~35 FPS on my Mac in full-screen run mode outside the editor. In 5.5 the scene view is incredibly sluggish for me, almost unusable. Playing in editor starts out very laggy but improves after a few seconds, almost as if it was still initializing something in a background thread for a while -- and then it crashes. I haven't tried a 5.5 standalone build outside the editor yet.

((( EDIT: The changelog for 5.5.1 has some fixed bugs that may help the above, but I've gotten busy on other work and haven't had time to test it yet. Point being, don't read too much into the above because Unity folks may have already fixed it. )))

One of the reasons I'm testing 5.6 beta is that if I already have to change things to support 5.5, I'm wondering if I should just take the plunge and get ahead of the curve as I start my next project (the one I'm testing with is actually just a copy of some completed work, not active for future dev).

On the plus side, the Asset Store window is working for me (in docked or undocked mode) in both 5.5 and 5.6.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  48. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Unpinning this thread now as the issue was fixed in 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p3 and 5.6.0b3. If anyone is experiencing this in later versions please let us know.

syscrusher and Kronnect like this.
  49. BoeBizlack

BoeBizlack

genius

50. matheus_inmotionvr

matheus_inmotionvr

Still happening on Monterey, running Unity 2019.4.38. Undocking didn't do the trick. Anyone?