Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Assertion error when importing plugins and packages.

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by xCyborg, Feb 2, 2017.

1. xCyborg

xCyborg

Beginning with 5.6 betas, I noticed whenever I imported some plugin or assets from the asset store I have a compile error and the asset doesn't load.
    This is what I have:

* Assertion at ..\mono\mini\unwind.c:620, condition `cfa_reg != -1' not met​

Just one line, no info on any line, column or file. Just this, the asset files are there but it's nor loaded.
    This happened when importing the Standard Assets, post-pocess stack, Anima2D, AssetBundle Graph tool and all other asset store packages.

I filed a bug (Case 875075) but I want to make sure it is reproducible and if others have it too.

2. xCyborg

xCyborg

3. xCyborg

xCyborg

EDIT: this happens whenever I create a C# script actually.
    The editor log is attached.

Attached Files:

4. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

THIS BUG IS SO ANNOYING! i can't continue making my game due to this it started to happen to me only when i started using 5.6.x betas!

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please file a bug report with a reproduction case as well and reply with the case #? More information on the matter will help resolving it faster.

6. xCyborg

xCyborg

I filed a bug (Case 894721) Consistent mono compiler assertion error with all C# scripts
    And there is also (Case 875075) that I'm following with Audrius from QA Team from time to time.
    But both cases cannot be found on fogbugz for some reason (No case was found associated with the ticket).

1. What happened

Create an empty project, add a C# script, assertion error occurs apparently in Mono and file is unable to be compiled and can't enter playmode or clear the error from the console until I delete all C# files.
    This only happens with C# scripts and not with Unity scripts.
    This has been happening since the first beta of Unity 5.6, it's completely absent from previous versions.

2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached

Apparently this depends on the user and machine, for me this occurs consistently across projects, I tried both 32 and 64 bit editors, safe mode, with administrator privilege, reinstalled many times, replaced script with an empty class, without success.

Windows 10 14393.0 64 bit, all betas of 5.6 including release candidate.​

@KillerOfSteam7 I bumped into your entry at Unity Answers, http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1286979/error-assertion-at-monominiunwindc616-condition-cf.html
    Please PM me to cross compare our systems.
    This is a serious bug.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    WinterboltGames likes this.
  7. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

okay my pc specs. is

NVIDIA GTX 1080
    128 GB Of Ram
    4 Teras of storage
    Windows 10, version 1607 64 Bit

and also i downgraded to 5.5.0f3 which works better with out any bugs but still hopping to use the new features in 5.6.x releases!

8. xCyborg

xCyborg

D
    Yes 5.5 works fine, do you have Visual Studio installed?

9. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

No i use visual studio code

10. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

And Sorry yeah i have visual studio and it works fine but i love to use visual studio code but i get the same bug in 5.6.x when i use do anything!

11. _Audrius

_Audrius

QA Minion Unity Technologies

12. xCyborg

xCyborg

Yes, it's because Unity is using the Mono bleeding edge version (4.8) to compile C# scripts instead of standard Mono, I need to reset this.
    Can someone confirm if there was a .Net 4.6 scripting back-end player setting in previous 5.6 beta that is no longer exposed?
    I think I may have changed it a while ago.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  13. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames