Search Unity

ARCHIMATIX PRO Node-based Parametric Modeling for Unity [Unity Awards Finalist]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by roryo, Jun 4, 2015.

1. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

I was testing out the demo, and i was experiencing very odd behavior with the handles. In some instances moving one handle would cause the others to move appropriately, and other times they wouldn't, but then when you went to click on another handle they would "snap" to where they were supposed to be.

Moving a handle also seems to cause the other handles to jitter in place as you move them.

After about 30 seconds of playing with the demo chrome complained about memory allocation issues with webgl and locked up. The player is taking 700 megs of memory (the player not chrome itself, i used chromes task manager to check it). So there is still some memory issues it seems? I posted a screenshot of the issue to the slack Bug Reports thread.

2. roryo

roryo

Here's a new version of the live demo of Runtime Archimatix running in WebGL: SpaceshipShop

The runtime handles have been finessed a bit and editing using the sliders should be faster. Also, you can orbit the ship now as you modify it!

SpaceshipShop2m.gif

Hoping to submit Archimatix version 1.0.5 with runtime to the Asset Store in the next day or so :)

3. mensch-mueller

mensch-mueller

Hi Rory,
    Working much better now! Now we can do a contest, which one creates the most expensive SpaceShip! ;)
    I´m now at 107.119.500.000 imp.cr, and still trying to drag the handles!

Cheers
    Michael

roryo likes this.
  4. roryo

roryo

Yes, but warp speed does it top out at?! Can anyone exceed warp 10?

5. phoenixian

phoenixian

MUCH better - runs slick on my low end dual core machine now :) before it was laggy with memory errors, now it's svelte!

roryo likes this.
  6. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

I have gotten warp 12

warp12.png

I have also apparently ALSO managed to construct a ship out of a negative mass material that exists inside an extra-dimensioal pocket, making my top speed so fast, its not even a number.

error.png
    You will notice the top speed in the aboce image is "Warp NaN" and my mass is -53,136 m.tons with a negative hull area.

KingfisherWyvernStudio and roryo like this.
  7. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey Everyone,

I Just wanted to let you all know that I pushed the latest version of my Shape Logic Nodes for Archimatix Version 1.2 to the asset store last night, it is simply waiting for Unity to approve it before it goes live. Version 1.2 brings a couple new nodes, as well as some fixes and improvements to already existing nodes.

Those of you who have already purchased this node pack, thank you very much!

To those of you who are considering it, now is the time! The price of the package will be going up between $5-$10 dollars with version 1.3 next week sometime depending on how many more nodes I cram in before I decide to publish the update.

Also those who purchase the Shape Logic Node pack will be able to upgrade to the "Pro Node Pack" pack at a reduced price(again if unity ever gets around to approving it). The pro node pack contains Everything you find in the Shape Logic Node pack, as well as all the nodes in my Mesh and Material Logic node pack (which is also waiting for unity approval).

What is Shape Logic Nodes?
    For those of you who may have missed it before, Shape Logic Nodes are a set of expansion nodes for Archimatix that bring some logical operations and switching capabilities to the most fundamental aspect of Archimatix, Shapes! These new nodes give you the ability to quickly and easily design dynamic models in AX that can alter the basic shapes any given section of the model is composed of.
    Version Compatibility
    Shape Logic Nodes are 100% compatible with Archimatix 1.0.4 and all current beta version of 1.0.5.
    Runtime Compatibility
    Shape Logic nodes are 100% compatible with all current beta version of Archimatix and their run-time capabilities. Shape Logic Nodes are also compatible with my run-time script which was posted a few pages ago in this thread.
    Whats Nodes Are Included in the package?
    There are currently 8 nodes included in the package with this update.
    • Improved Shape
    • Shape List
    • Shape List Selector
    • Shape Selector
    • Shape List Repeater
    • Shape List Grid Repeater
    • Shape List Spanner
    • Shape Toggle
    There are also several more nodes in the works for future updates.
    • Shape List Plan Repeater
    • Shape Splitter
    • Shape List Aligner
    • A few more I'm keeping secret ;)

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and again thank you to all of you who have already purchased this package and are enjoying it.

And now I leave you with some nice info-graphics!
    ImprovedShape.png
    ShapeListSpanner.png

ShapeListGridRepeater.png

8. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Hopefully approvals don't suffer too much delay, I think Unite 2017 is this week in Amsterdam.

roryo and RuinsOfFeyrin like this.
  9. roryo

roryo

Whatever you do, don't fire up those engines while they are set to Warp NaN - you just might invert the Galaxy!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  10. roryo

roryo

I forgot about that. They always have a good portion of the asset store crew at Unites, so things slow down a bit on the approval front.

11. roryo

roryo

Here's a new update to the live demo of Runtime Archimatix running in WebGL: SpaceshipShop

A bit smoother and a couple of bugs fixed.

Ready to submit 1.0.5 to the asset store. This will be a big update with lots of bug fixes (with many thanks to @RuinsOfFeyrin and @mensch-mueller for the time they have taken to find and report them!). Also, this release features runtime Archimatix!

12. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Woohoo, time to bust open the champagne and cigars!

For those of you who have not tested a beta build of 1.0.5, let me tell you Rory is truly underplaying the massive amount of work he has put in to this latest version. I know everyone sees the posts on the highly anticipated run-time changes, which was a huge updates all in its own, but that is really just the cherry on top.

Even beyond bug fixes and run-time he has went so far as to make changes and add things at my request that didn't serve a purpose for AX in general, but were changes and additions that were specifically geared towards my needs as an AX plugin/node developer. With that in mind once the new version of AX goes live there is already updated nodes for my current "Shape Logic Nodes" pack that takes advantage of the changes coming in 1.0.5.

Also 1.0.5 will bring come changes that will allow me to streamline the entire process of submitting AX assets (shapes, models, etc) to AXResources.com and a new an Improved release of the AXResources editor app that takes advantage of these changes. Also once the new update goes live I have a nice collection of shapes I will be uploading to AXResources.com (I know its a little bare right now).

So thumbs up to rory and the 1.0.5 build.

13. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Heya folks,

@IFL asked a question on the slack thread about instancing AX_Models, and keeping the instances in sync with the original, which gave me an idea.

I have created a GameObject component (AX_MasterModel) that allows you to spawn instances of an AXModel to their own GameObjects, and easily up-date the instances to match the "Master Model" by making sure all exposed parameters are set to the same values as the maser model.

Features
    • Easy to use component with Custom Inspector.
    • Spawns and keeps track of instances of the AX_model
    • Copies all components from original model to instances (with the exception of the AX_MasterModel Script)
    • Simple to use run-time functionality.
    Usage
    1. Extract contents of the attached rar file to anywhere in your assets directory
    2. Add the AX_MasterModel component to a GameObject which has an AXModel on it you wish to create instances of.
    3. From the inspector for AX_MasterModel you can now 'Create Instance', see a list of all instances of the model, and 'Update Instances'.
    Notes
    • Requires a beta build of 1.0.5 (or the live version when it hits the asset stores) that has run-time parameters enabled.
    • Instances are not automatically updated when you update the MasterModel. You have to either hit 'Update' from the inspector for the component, or obtain a reference to AX_MasterModel at runtime and call its 'UpdateInstances' method.
    • This component does not update the graph itself, just the exposed parameters on the nodes.This means if you add this Component to an AXModel's game object, spawn some instances, and then add new nodes to the master model, the instances will not contain the new nodes.
    • Instances are created at the top level of the hierarchy, if you want them parented to another object you can move them in the hierarchy window once created, or the 'createInstance' function on AX_MasterModel returns a reference to the created GameObject allowing you to set its parent manually.
    Custom Inspector Preview
    Inspector.png

Hope you all like it, if you have any issues, or suggestions for improvements please feel free to let me know.

Attached Files:

14. roryo

roryo

Just submitted version 1.0.5 to the Asset Store! Runtime Archimatix, custom node API and much more :).

15. roryo

roryo

Wow - the Asset Store is on their game - Archimatix 1.0.5 was submitted yesterday and is already live on the store today!

Archimatix Pro - Asset Store

You may notice that the name has changed to Archimatix Pro to both designate that it now features the long-awaited runtime capabilities and in anticipation of the release of Archimatix Prime, a more affordable version of Archimatix at $90 that will not feature runtime.

Enjoy!

chiapet1021 and wetcircuit like this.
  16. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

Hello. Some time ago you wrote about 3D Boolean operations. Is it already there?

I need to make an entrance (white cube) into a hexagonal pyramid.
    Or I break it into 3 parts (before the entrance (whole) / entrance (5 of 6 faces) / after the entrance (whole)), or on 6 walls. But all this is terribly inconvenient. Also it is necessary to adjust UV.

Is there a way to simplify my task?
    upload_2017-7-7_17-43-20.png

17. roryo

roryo

Hi @Elfinnik159 - AX does not have 3D booleans yet, but there is an trick you can do to cut a hole in a surface with a curved section. The solution is based on horizontal layers. A good example of this is the Lighthouse Library item (as opposed to LighthouseBase).

LighthouseOpening2.gif

Here the section of the lighthouse is fed into a ShapeMerger. A Rectangle is fed in as a cutter. The difference of the ShapeMerger goes into one Lathe, while the Intersection output of the same ShapeMerger goes into another Lathe:

Archimatix 2017-07-07_03-23-10_PM.jpg

As far as UV's go, this solution works best with a horizontal texture, such as bricks that don't need to line up vertically from one lathe to the other (though you can always manually adjust the U-shift in the MaterialTool palette to line textures up vertically as well.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Hitch42 likes this.
  18. rgjones

rgjones

Does Archimatix end up generating GO's with attached meshes? Is it possible to programmably access the submeshes? generated as part of the overall object?

I want to build an object but I would need to be able to put scripts on subparts to control game behavior (beyond modifying the subpart itself). Is that possible?

19. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey @rgjones ,

Yes, Archimatix does indeed generate GameObject with attached meshes, and you can indeed access them through scripts. It uses the standard Mesh component, so you are able to access sub mesh's in the same way you would on any other mesh.

There are some ins and outs to making what you want work, but it is possible. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm always more then willing to help.

rgjones likes this.
  20. rgjones

rgjones

@RuinsOfFeyrin Thanks for the reply. I was not seeing any screen shots of the Unity project integration beyond the custom AX interface so it was leaving me wondering what that looks like.

For a simple example, think of a control board built of objects like knobs and switches made via AX intreface. Would need to interact with each individual generated sub-object.

I am very tempted to give Archimatix a try. :)

21. roryo

roryo

Hi @rgjones - thanks for your interest in Archimatix!

In this example scene, I made three knobs.
    Archimatix 2017-07-09_08-20-48_PM.jpg

In the hierarchy, you can see that AX has some internal GameObjects it uses when the model is "live." But the "generatedGameObjects" null Object holds normal GameObjects created by the model. These "generatedGameObjects" are temporary, being replaced with new versions often as you manipulate the model parametrically.

You can choose to "Stamp" out a frozen version of an AX-generated GameObject hierarchy, it is like any other hierarchy imported from a third-party modeling app with all standard Unity meshes, Rigidbodies, etc. You can also make a standard Unity Prefab.

In this image, you can see the Stamped hierarchy (the live AXModel is still in the scene as well).

Archimatix 2017-07-09_08-21-03_PM.jpg

At that point you can delete Archimatix from the project and your stamped model is still there, allowing to attach any behaviors to any of the sub GameObjects.

If you don't want to freeze the model, keeping the objects alive and mutable, then you will soon be able to add any components you like to the nodes, so that when the nodes generate GameObjects, they add those behaviors to each.

Finally, the current version of Archimatix Pro allows you to expose parameters to the model level so that you can easily control these and access their values through you custom game scripts. In that case, you might have a knob modeled in AX and you could expose its Rot_Y as a runtime variable and then use that knob essentially as a GUI item. For this option, see the Runtime Archimatix page.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    rgjones likes this.
  22. roryo

roryo

Working on a new node which should available in the upcoming 1.0.6: UrbanPlanner in combination with Replictor, which uses "Replicants" to re-generate a source node (in this case and Extrude node) with its input parameters varied algorithmically. For example, here building height is a function of the area of the block.

UrbanPlannerSM.gif

The next step is to use a Grouper with a more detailed building model inside so that the number of floors will vary with building height.

punk, DevMember, Inspeinre and 7 others like this.
  23. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

Thx!

The real-time system in 1.0.5 looks very good I'm trying to make a node for choosing between 2D plans. It is necessary for realtime I looked at the sources from RuinsOfFeyrin, but there are only mesh. I can not understand how I need to write a function so that it returns 1 of 2 plans.

Code (CSharp):
    1.        parametricObject.addParameter(new AXParameter(AXParameter.DataType.Spline, AXParameter.ParameterType.Input, "Input Shape"));
    2.             parametricObject.addParameter(new AXParameter(AXParameter.DataType.Spline, AXParameter.ParameterType.Input, "Input Shape 2"));
    How do I choose Input Shape 2?

I cut the generation function as much as possible, but it did not help to understand.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         public override GameObject generate(bool makeGameObjects, AXParametricObject initiator_po, bool isReplica)
    2.         {
    4.             AXShape.thickenAndOffset(ref P_Input, inputSrc_p);
    5.             AXShape.thickenAndOffset(ref P_Output, P_Input);
    6.             return null;
    7.         }

24. roryo

roryo

Hi @Elfinnik159 - I am glad to see you are interested in developing custom nodes! It is the deep end of the AX pool, but where you can have a lot of fun with deep dives. And besides, @RuinsOfFeyrin needs some company at that end of the pool!

Another example to look at is the Channeler node code (Archimatix/Scripts/Core/Generators/Organizer/Channeler). Instead of adding a fixed number of parameters, you can link as many shapes to it as you like. Then the pulldown menu lets you choose which to throughput. It should be easy to adapt this to 2D (which I need to do soon as an official node). If you then expose the Channel parameter to access it from your script per the example in Archimatix/Scenes Runtime/Spaceship Shop/GrayShipDesigner.

Also, since you are wading into the deep end of the pool, perhaps you would like to join the AX Slack.com site, the ultimate inner sanctum of AX development. @RuinsOfFeyrin is very active there as well. If you let me know your email and asset store invoice ID in a private conversation here, I will send you the invite. This goes for anyone who has purchased AX through the asset store. :)

25. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

I have a set of nodes, one of which does EXACTLY what you are asking for @Elfinnik159
    Shape Logic Nodes. They are written in C#, and the source for them is included as they are not packaged in a dll.

roryo likes this.
  26. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

Alas, I have very bad English :)

RuinsOfFeyrin, money, money, money.. )

With meshes it's very simple
    Return meshGO
    But I just can not adapt it to 2d plans.

27. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Understandable.

Here is a point in the right direction, then.

A Shape Node depends on you having an output parameter named "Output Shape" to properly generate everything (including its thumbnail).

In order to make "Output Shape" work, you need to either set its .paths or .polyTree property.

Hope that helps.

28. roryo

roryo

Coming soon: AX Runtime with zero coding. :)

RuntimeCube.gif

29. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey Everyone,

I bring to you another AX user inspired creation brought to you courtesy of @wetcircuit wanting to integrate AX better with Playmaker and the the Unity UI with the need for less time coding.

So I give you the "Runtime Script Generator".

Overview
    Runtime Script Generator analyzes a GameObject that contains an AXModel and outputs c# code to automagically create a customized Component just for the AXModel that is setup so that things like Playmaker and the Unity UI can access the exposed parameters of the AXModel easily with no coding requried.

Inspector.png

Usage
    • To use the Run Time Script generator simply add the “AX_Runtime Script Generator” component to any GameObject that contains an AXModel.
    • After you have added the component to the GameObject, go to the inspector window for the GameObject containing the “AX_Runtime Script Generator” component and you will see the inspector for “AX_Runtime Script Generator”.
    • From this inspector window you can set the name for the outputted script. The name should not include any special characters, or file extension.
    • Once you have set a name for the script click the “Generate” button and you will be prompted to select an output folder for the script.
    • After you have selected an output folder the Runtime Script Generator will generate the needed C# source code for the new component, save it to the specified folder and filename, and force the asset database to reload.
    • Once the Asset Database is finished you reload, you can now click the “Add Component” button in the inspector for your GameObject and you should be able to find a component with the name you specified when you exported it.
    • Add your new custom script to the GameObject and remove the AX_RuntimeScriptGenerator component.

That is it you are done. You can now have Unity UI elements and things like Playmaker access your new script and directly set and get the values of the exposed parameters.

Attached Files:

ippdev, punk, christougher and 4 others like this.
  30. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

@RuinsOfFeyrin, that is awesome. Could you or @roryo archive that script generator somewhere outside of this thread for future reference? I know I'm going to say something like "now where was that cool script generator for AX" sometime in the future and not be able to find it otherwise. :p

31. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Heya,

Not a problem at all. I'm actually gonna upload it as a Free Asset to the asset store so its easy to keep track of, and get updates when I push them (I already have a couple I'm working on) though I'm sure it will be a few weeks before the asset store approves it because they make snails look like race cars.

I think rory is working on something similar (probably with more finesses then mine) based on his above screenshot, as we were both talking about it with wetcircuit in the slack chat as well. Though I imagine his will be released as part of an official AX release if that is the case.

wetcircuit and chiapet1021 like this.
  32. roryo

roryo

As @RuinsOfFeyrin mentioned, I am working on the official connector between AX and other visual systems that work in runtime. At the same time, independent solutions like the one @RuinsOfFeyrin's is making available are always valuable and can be more useful to people in many cases. We both took a crack at this when @wetcircuit asked if the connection to PlayMaker could be done without coding (as in the controller script in the Spaceship Shop example).

It will sound funny, but until @wetcircuit brought this up, I had forgotten that part of the value of AX is that you can create parametric models without coding! :) In any case, the feature is not that difficult to impliment, so it will be available in 1.0.6, hopefully submitted to the asset store in the next couple of days.

By way of a sneak peek: after you (1.) expose runtime parameters in the node graph, when you (2.) click the "Create Controller" button in the AXModel Inspector, a controller asset is created/updated for you (the first time it will ask where you want to save the asset), which you can (3) drag into any UI element in that element's Inspector and then (4) choose one of the exposed AX runtime parameter from the controller's drop down.

RuntimeController.png

At this point the UI Slider can control the cube height without any scripting.

If you do want to use the runtime parameters in your own scripts, this controller helps as well, since it has automatically created dynamic variables for each runtime parameter. For example, in the oscillating cube example above, the Update function in the controller was simply edited with:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. void Update () {
    3.      // Any game specific code that sets or gets the parameter variables in the course of player events.
    4.      Box_Height   = 1.5f + Mathf.Sin(Time.time)+ Mathf.Cos(2*Time.time)/2;
    5. }
    You could also grab values from animation curves, physics, collision points, etc.

In the above snippet, it looks like you are setting a simple float value, but this dynamic variable propagates the value around the graph via any relations and expressions that have been rigged up for it. If you edit the Update() of the controller script, adding more runtime parameters will not disturb your custom code.

You can also control the runtime parameters from any other script in your scene:

Code (CSharp):
    2. public Class MyAwsomeMonoBehavior : MonoBehavior
    3. {
    4.     public CubeRuntimeController controller;
    6.     void Update () {
    7.          // Any game specific code that sets or gets the parameter variables in the course of player events.
    8.          if (playerHasBumpedIntoCube)
    9.                controller.Box_Height    = 1.5f + Mathf.Sin(Time.time)+ Mathf.Cos(2*Time.time)/2;
    10.     }
    11. }
    If you are using PlayMaker, then PlayMaker could control this parameter with its own visual logic.

Exciting times!... or should I say, runtimes!

Many thanks to @wetcircuit and @RuinsOfFeyrin!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  33. roryo

roryo

Almost ready to submit the above enhancement for Archimatix Pro runtime to the Asset Store. ;)

Archimatix 2017-07-13_06-31-47_PM.jpg

34. awesomedata

awesomedata

@roryo and @RuinsOfFeyrin

I have been away from the net for a while and am not yet back in the game, but I just wanted to say great job guys!!! These are excellent additions!!! I can't wait to have the time to play with them!

The city planning feature with the variable building heights is one feature in particular that I've been eyeing since before I bought AX! I hope it won't be long before it and Winwall are available! So many possibilities to look forward to!!! Keep up the amazing work guys!! :D

35. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

ForumImage.png

Hey Everyone,

So I am happy to announce the announce the long overdue "Mesh & Material Logic Nodes" for Archimatix have finally been reviewed and added to the Asset Store!

Overview

The Mesh & Material Logic Node packs brings similar functionality found in my Shape Logic Nodes pack to Meshes and Materials. You have Lists, Selectors, and List Selectors for both Mesh and Material nodes allowing you to change the design and look of a model simply by altering the control parameters on the new nodes.

Using these nodes you can design things like "upgradable" structures that can add new features to them as they "level up" or change the material associated to them based on something like a "faction". Easily "program" in these logic flow changes directly into your Archimatix models, and then make use of them of runtime!

Current Nodes In The Live Package
    Mesh List
    Create a list of mesh nodes that can then be plugged in to one of the other nodes in this pack that requires a Mesh List input. Mesh Lists also have the ability to function as a basic "Mesh Selector" node by allowing you to define the selected Mesh output from the list.
    Mesh Selector
    The Mesh Selector node allows you to connect a Mesh Lists via its input, and then control which mesh from the list is sent to its output via the Selected Mesh control Variable. The Mesh Selector to either select a mesh as specified by a control parameter, or select a random mesh from the list using the control parameter as a seed value.
    Mesh List Selector
    The Mesh List selector takes multiple Mesh Lists as its input and allows you to control which one is sent to its output via a control parameter on the node. By doing this you are able to create groups of options you can toggle between. The Mesh List Selector outputs a Mesh List and can be connector in to any node that takes a Mesh List.
    Mesh Repeater
    The Mesh Repeater allows you to repeat a Mesh List in a variety of way or combine them for some truley outlandish results. The Mesh Repeater tool can also make use of the standard Jitter Tools to affect its translation, rotation and scale.

Through the use of control parameters on the node you are able to achieve linear, floor, step, and radial repetitions, or combine them in any way you want.
    Mesh Merger, Mesh Toggle, and Mesh Switch are updated version of the nodes from the Logic Nodes Basic pack with some performance improvements and a slight alteration of their look to bring them in style with the rest of the nodes in the pack.

Material List

The Material List node functions like the mesh list node, except for Materials. You are able to take several material nodes and plug them in as inputs on a Mesh List node and then connect your Mesh List node to a Mesh Selector to allow you to easily change the material that is applied to a particular node.
    Material List Selector
    The Material List selector allows you to feed it multiple Material Lists as input and then using a control parameter select which Material List is sent to its output. The output of a Material List Selector can then be plugged in to the input of any node that takes a Material List. By using the Material List Selector you are able to create groups of materials which you can switch out quickly and easily.
    Material Selector
    The Material Selector node takes a Material List as its input and allows you to select which material from the list you want to send to its output through a control parameter on the node.

1.1 Update
    Since it took them so long to review this package there is already an update for it ready to go and upload to the Asset which I will be doing shortly after making this post. This update brings some improvements to the existing nodes that make use of changes that were brought about with 1.0.5 as well as a new mesh node.

Mesh List Grid Repeater

The Mesh Grid Repeater tool allow you to repeat the contents of a Mesh List over a user defined grid. You are able to repeat the items in a linear, or random fashion.
    Future Nodes
    Mesh List Plan Repeater
    Much like the regular plan repeater tool except it takes Mesh List's as it inputs and repeats the contents of the Mesh List's around the plan.
    Mesh List Distributor
    Distributes the contents of a mesh list randomly over an area specified by the user in its control parameters. The node allows you to control the total number of objects that are distributed.

Weighted Mesh List
    The Weighted Mesh List node functions like a regular Mesh List node, except each entry in the list receives a range. When selection from the node is done the control parameter finds the mesh who range value encompasses the value in the control parameter. This allows you to set it up so that some entries in a list are more or less likely to occur then other entries.

Thanks for taking the time to read all that. I hope you all like the new pack of nodes. As always if you have any questions, comments, or feature request please let me know.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  36. mangax

mangax

Nice.. i really like devs built stuff related to archimatix!
    am interested in this asset.. but i really think the price is a bit high.. it should be like 15$

btw the link included doesn't work

37. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey @mangax ,

Thank you for letting me know the link didn't work, I always forget it injects its own http:// at the front of the link and end up copying that part of the address in. Its all fixed now.

Sorry you feel the price of the new Node Pack is a tad high. I debated long and hard about what the price of the node pack should be before I released it and considered many factors such as;
    • Original price of AX

• Time invested creating the nodes (easily 40+ hours and counting)

• Number of nodes in the pack (10 in the live version, 11 in the pending update, with 3 more in the works for a total 14 so far.

• "Usefulness" of the nodes -pretty darn useful if you ask me, especially for run-time.

• Price of my other pack - While slightly higher then the Shape Logic Node pack, the shape logic node pack was released at an introductory price, and will be going up when its released with the next set of added nodes.

• How much of the sale Unity going to take as their cut - 30% off the top. So while my node pack is $25 dollars, this is not what I earn on a sale.
    On the plus side this is the final price for this node pack, it will never go up.

I'm also working on a super secret project for Archmatix which has been killing me not to share. It is however near completion and when it is released all of my packages for Archimatix will be going on sale. So keep your eyes open for when that happens and you will be able to snag the packages at discounted price.

punk, neoshaman and chiapet1021 like this.
  38. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

GO GO AX & PLAYMAKER!!!!
    (version 1.0.6b)
    AX-animated.gif

39. roryo

roryo

That is awesome! You are hereby officially honored as the very first trailblazer the new runtime connection between PlayMaker and AX.

Unknown.jpeg
    Congrats!

Now, what if you replaced the Boxes with the Domino House model from the AX 3D Library? Could be effective an effective if his bar graph represented the real estate market!

punk and wetcircuit like this.
  40. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

LOL, Property values are up Up UP – oh wait...

AX-animated-2.gif

41. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I don't want to gum up this thread so hit the thumbnail.

Animating one parameter at a time makes for a fun animations….

Attached Files:

neoshaman, roryo and punk like this.
  42. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

1.0.6 is already in the store...

43. roryo

roryo

Looks great, @wetc
    Wow - that was fast!

For those of you who have downloaded 1.0.6, I invite you to try out the new runtime tutorial: Archimatix Runtime for Artists!

44. drsmetamoto

drsmetamoto

Hi Rory,
    This looks most excellent. Was wondering if road networks (with intersections) could be made easily with Archimatix. lmk? thanks
    d

45. roryo

roryo

Thanks, @drsmetamoto! Roads with intersections is not currently built into Archimatix, but I'd love to include this in the future. It is there somewhere in the "roadmap"!

46. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  47. roryo

roryo

Until this moment, I did not know that Archimatix could make dancing architecture. Thanks for posting this - a joy to watch!

wetcircuit likes this.
  48. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 10.59.55 AM.png

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  49. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Someone else needs to post in this thread…. :rolleyes: just sayin'. Now that Playmaker is designing randomized architecture for me, I have too much free time on my hands.:p

Unity - Main Camera 2017-07-19 at 01.21.29.png Unity---Main-Camera-2017-07-19-at-01.40.25.jpg

50. roryo

roryo

This is awesome! @wetcircuit, you can't stop posting until you have animated every model from the 3D Library! :)

wetcircuit likes this.