Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. wood333

wood333

I am trying to use Aquas Water/River with Instant Good Day. They both work fine alone, but when I combine just them in a project a couple of sub folders disappear. There are two relevant error warnings. The one based in Aquas is:

Aquas error.JPG
    Your insights, please?

2. Kesarium

Kesarium

@dogmachris

Hello, I sent an email through your website's contact form around two weeks ago. I had asked some pre-sales questions about AQUAS and I haven't heard anything back.

3. radiantboy

radiantboy

I am trying to use this with UFPS, it has a couple of issues.

1 - the water wont show up in the game or editor, I can only see it in the editor if I change the shader then redo, why is that?
    2 - when I am underwater there is a really nasty colour cycling, I cannot figure out what that actually is ? It goes away if I turn off UnderWaterCameraEffects

Edit: removed the fog code it was messing with my own, and realised you need to be in deferred rendering. Is there no way around this? If i swap to that the rest of my game looks totally different.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  4. dogmachris

dogmachris

Could you please have a look if you have the SunShafts.cs script in your project and if so, can you see if the class is public or not?

5. dogmachris

dogmachris

I'm sorry, I must have missed your mail. I just sent you a response. :)

6. dogmachris

dogmachris

@radiantboy what graphics API are you working with? DX9? Also what's your target platform if I may ask?

To your second question, do you have a screenshot or anything to help me see what's going on?

7. radiantboy

radiantboy

My remaining issue is simply that it wont show unless I use deferred rendering. Is there any way around this ?

Using DX11, target platform is windows.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  8. dogmachris

dogmachris

Usually that would only happen, when you don't have the AQUAS_Camera.cs script attached to your camera, but only in forward, not in deferred - weird - do you have that script attached to your main camera?

9. wood333

wood333

No, the SunShafts.cs script does not exist in the joint project. It appears in the Aquas only project, but not when Aquas is combined with Instant Good Day ("IGD").

Concordant, the bbSunShafts.cs script used by IGD is likewise not present in the joint project.

Together, their absence results in the only two critical (red) compiler warnings in the joint project.

10. dogmachris

dogmachris

I've outcommented everything that refers to Unity's default sun shafts, so you can use the ones that come with instant good day. When you get that error that you mentioned above, try replacing the AQUAS_LensEffects.cs script by the one attached and see if that works - it's an ugly workaround, but it should do for now - I'll make sure to remove the dependencies to the std assets asap.

Attached Files:

wood333 likes this.
  11. radiantboy

radiantboy

The script is attached, I can see it in deferred, but I do not want to use deferred.

12. virror

virror

Ok, im a total lightmapping noob here, and when i tried lightmap my terrain, the water turned black and looks more like oil now : p Any idea whats wrong (using deferred)?

13. radiantboy

radiantboy

is the water marked as static? if so try without

14. BindingForceDev

BindingForceDev

Hi! This water looks and performs great, but I have one issue. It appears to be rendering the reflections as seen by my scene window. Attached is an example. What am I missing here? Reflection Issue.jpg

The red glow of the sun and the extra moon are being added to the reflection. Adjusting my scene view moves the reflections so I know it is related to the scene's view.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello, I'm getting a slight problem with your buoyancy, any object just falls through the water and the world when I just add the script.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

I fixed it, never mind. But now I have a new problem, everytime I set the waterplane under "water planes" in AQUAS_Lens Effect (script) and spawn my player, i just go underwater when im not underwater and the water is below me by a lot..

17. dogmachris

dogmachris

How many different waterplanes do you have in the scene, and are those all round (same mesh) or different meshes?

18. dogmachris

dogmachris

Did @radiantboy's advice help here?

19. virror

virror

I have not tried yet : D
    Ran into a lot of other lightmapping issues not related to this asset, so i put it aside for now.

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have one waterplane in my scene.

21. wood333

wood333

Thank you for removing the dependencies. When I import AQUAS Set with Instant Good Day, I no longer have a red console error related to AQUAS. However, Instant Good Day still has one.

Good news is that AQUAS Lite and Instant Good Day have no conflict, yet, I think I want to use AQUAS Set. So I have a request. Would you consider granting Blex Interactive a coupon for AQUAS Set, so he can sort out Instant Good Day's incompatibility. If that is not acceptable, could we arrange so I can pay for Blex's upgrade from Lite to Set. @blexbox has been very willing to sort out his issues. Would you consider this?

22. radiantboy

radiantboy

I just checked my profiler because things were seeming slow, Aquas is using 30% total, seems very high, especially when I am not even looking at it, comes down to mirror reflection camera.. why would this be if im not looking at it ? Not even in my frustrum.

23. Deleted User

Deleted User

Oh, and also, how do you have a very very very huge ocean, I changed the size for that but it ruined the quality, a couple of months back I did something which lowered the tiling or something and it made it normal again.

24. CDF

CDF

Hey, looking for a water solution on Mobile, just downloaded the demo APK from the store.
    But there seems to be some visual errors when running. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6

Is this an old build? Doesn't look right to me, weird banding happening

25. radiantboy

radiantboy

I have some sort of Z issues with this water too, things underneath the surface just show up as if above the water.

26. virror

virror

I have been thinking a lot about rivers lately, and how to make a decent looking river that follows your terrain. I guess you have to make a custom mesh that follows the contours of the terrain, and then apply aquas flowmap on it. Any one have any advice or found a good tutorial for the actual workflow of creating this mesh?

hopeful likes this.
  27. Marco-Sperling

Marco-Sperling

You could use EasyRoads to block out the path and export that mesh to a 3d application like Maya to further refine it.

dogmachris likes this.
  28. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

So I am looking into which water system to buy and I had a couple of question about large game worlds. I intend to do a terrain grid of 10 By 10 grids X 2048 Resolution. I will be using World Streamer to handle the memory load. I need to be able to do matching grid sizes for bodies of water and I need to not have any seams where the grids meet. Also I notice from the videos that you have some kind of Blocker while under water to prevent Light leaks. How would that be handled on large bodies of water??
    Is there a way to use Aquas to achieve what I need??

29. sstrong

sstrong

Hey Chris, we've finally got round to adding the river water surface as a mesh for Landscape Builder. Basically, once the user has defined the river path and shape of the river bed, they can click "Create Mesh" to build a mesh with which to apply the AQUAS water material.

Just having a few minor issues with uvs on the custom shaped mesh. UVs are fine for other materials that use the mesh-based UVs - but not when switching to landscape-wide UVs. A while ago you made the following post:

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/aquas-water-river-set-v1-3-water-rivers-for-mobile-vr-web-desktop.378519/page-11#post-2722140

Just wondering if 0,0 is bottom left and 1,1 is top right?

30. xp70

xp70

I tested too and I have same problem on Samsung Galaxy note 4 (exynos). Maby its just for Mali Gpu.

31. dogmachris

dogmachris

@CDF @xp70 it's a known issue related to the limited depth buffer support on some devices - however I was told by some customers, that making the build with Unity 5.5 seems to solve the issue - I didn't have the opportunity to test that though, because I can't reproduce the issue on any of my devices. :confused:

32. dogmachris

dogmachris

yes, basically, although the UV texture usually goes from 0,0 at bottom left to 255,255 at top right. It's also the color code for each pixel.

33. dogmachris

dogmachris

Have you used the render queue script attached to the water plane? If things underneath the plane show as if above it, you can either increase the render queue of the water plane. Alternatively you can also attach that script on other objects and use it to reduce their render queue - it should work on any object that uses the render queue instead of the z-buffer to determine the render order.

radiantboy likes this.
  34. dogmachris

dogmachris

Have a look at this: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/a...le-vr-web-desktop.378519/page-11#post-2722140
    Is that what you were looking for?

35. radiantboy

radiantboy

thanks no I havent tried that will try it out, cheers!

36. dogmachris

dogmachris

Keep in mind, that -1 will have the render queue set to default, which in case of AQUAS is 3000, so to reduce/increase it, try something around 2800/3200

37. nproject

nproject

Hi, how to achieve this?

What i want to achieve

This is my project with aquas

full underwater
    If I go full underwater is fine.

38. virror

virror

Any way of getting rid of the primary and secondary caustics.mat updating all the time? This is very annoying when using source control : p

39. dogmachris

dogmachris

What do you mean updating?

40. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS can't yet do that, I'm sorry to say.

41. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hve a look at this:
    Is that what you need?

Also what do you mean "Blocker while under water to prevent Light leaks"?

42. virror

virror

They keep getting marked as "changed" in git, so i assume they are getting updated somehow from inside?

43. dogmachris

dogmachris

The texture attribute of the caustics projector material gets assigned a new image of a sequence of images, to animate the caustics. Weird though, that git catches that as a change.
    JUST FOR TESTING PURPOSES: remove the caustics script from the projector object and leave the material with a static texture in the texture slot - does git status still highlight the material as changed?

44. virror

virror

I tested that on the primaryCaustics and that one no longer seems to be marked as changed.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  45. Deleted User

Deleted User

@dogmachris

I've recently been testing out Aquas, on the whole it's pretty good.. Only issue I'm coming across is the performance of reflection.. On average I'm loosing 60 - 80 FPS, I've tried offsetting the texture size / splitting it into layers to only reflect the skybox although it never seems to look right unless you have the terrain in the mask. I'm looking through the code, but any suggestions welcome..

46. Deleted User

Deleted User

@ShadowK
    Performance is very good for me, I don't even lose any FPS, that's weird.

@dogmachris
    I've been using AQUAS for a very long time now, and I love it. I only have one request, infinite water..

47. Deleted User

Deleted User

I've not really had time to look too deep into it, but most of my scenes include dense foliage and it seems it's reflecting mass amounts of tree's causing performance to drop. Remove said foliage and / or turn off reflection and it works fine..

48. CleverNickname

CleverNickname

Hi, I'm running into some trouble using the double-sided river shader for desktop. When I run in the editor, everything looks fine, but in the standalone build, most of the color disappears and I'm left with a material that is just uniformly dark aside from some specular highlights (see screenshots). The problem occurs in both Unity 5.4 and 5.5, and using both forward and deferred rendering. This is a VR game for the Vive. For what it's worth, every once in a blue moon the water shader bugs out in the editor the same way it does in the standalone, but it always corrects itself the next time I rerun it. I've never gotten any error messages related to the shader or any AQUAS scripts in either the editor or standalone. Any idea what's going on?

Correct Water.png Incorrect Water.png

49. Balgam

Balgam

@dogmachris
    Hi,
    I'm currently facing an issue with Aquas in combination with Tenkoku. I'm using Aquas Lite and I have no reflections from the moon or ambient light on the water surface in the evening or at night. At day everything works as expected.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

50. virror

virror

Any one tried Aquas with 5.5 and VR? Are there still issues with reflections?