Search Unity

[App Rejected] When exiting the Universal Menu, the "exit to Oculus Home?" screen appears.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Pawuchock, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Pawuchock

Pawuchock

Hey Guys,
    https://gyazo.com/8a0c53fd6f5007ed3f9a067099f0b7ce - here`s what i got from oculus.
    I dont even know what to do:(
    I`m using OVR PLATFORM MENU script from oculus utilities.
    First short press - app pauses and gettin to confirm Quit menu,second short press get me back to game.
    First long press - app pauses and gettin to Global (universal) menu, AND now if i press back (short press) it brings me to confirm quit menu,but should go back to game.
    i`ve changed short press functional that it go to main menu of my app, and when im trying to press back from Global(Universal) menu it takes me back to app (to scene ive been on) and then changes scene to main menu
    please,HELP!:)

2. Pawuchock

Pawuchock

what is the main problem - pressing "back" from universal menu - brings me to confirm quit menu

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It should return you to your game position instead.

4. Pawuchock

Pawuchock

that is what im trying to do right now)
    i dont know why,but after i press back being in universal menu - it wont take me to game

5. Pawuchock

Pawuchock

so can anybody tell if OVRPlatformMenu script works at all?

6. Pawuchock

Pawuchock

Unity 5.5.03f.Oculus utilities 1.10.0.
    whole new scene.added a OVRPlatform Menu script to gameobject.
    when i go to Global menu and then press back -> it takes me to Confirm Quit menu.but should go to my app
    can you test if it works for you please?

7. trevorchico

trevorchico

This is a late answer... but its a bug, I upgraded to unity 5.6 beta and it was fixed... although im having other sdk issues now...

Response from Oculus:

"A back button long-press (greater than 0.75 seconds) must bring the user to the Universal Menu. The long press does bring up the Universal Menu like it should. However, when closing the Universal Menu the "Return to Oculus Home Screen" menu is displayed. When exiting the Universal Menu user should return immediately to where they left off from within the app. This seems to be an issue with the SDK. Mobile SDK 1.0.3 and earlier are fine, so please try Unity 5.4.2p1, 5.3.6p7, or earlier"